As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by TheJohnP »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:23 pm No compliance today. Took the kids to see the grandparents this weekend and only brought one watch. Not this one. Last night my parents gave me a bag of watches that were my grandpa's and this was one of them. He loved clocks and had a ton of grandfather, cuckoo clocks, and others. I didn't know he had a small watch collection. He had a bunch of pocket watches too. Don't mind the date. Anyone know if these have a quick date setting?
You probably know this, but the typical way with many vintage watches is:
- change over date at midnight - 1am until date changes
- reverse crown settings with hour hand to around 9pm
- set hour hand back to midnight - 1am until date changes
- reverse crown settings to around 9pm
- repeat until date is correct
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:32 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:23 pm No compliance today. Took the kids to see the grandparents this weekend and only brought one watch. Not this one. Last night my parents gave me a bag of watches that were my grandpa's and this was one of them. He loved clocks and had a ton of grandfather, cuckoo clocks, and others. I didn't know he had a small watch collection. He had a bunch of pocket watches too. Don't mind the date. Anyone know if these have a quick date setting?
You probably know this, but the typical way with many vintage watches is:
- change over date at midnight - 1am until date changes
- reverse crown settings with hour hand to around 9pm
- set hour hand back to midnight - 1am until date changes
- reverse crown settings to around 9pm
- repeat until date is correct
Thanks, I was only going back to 10. That worked!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:SARB033 compliant.

Me too! Albeit dial swapped. Such a good watch. It really is a GADA watch. I always forgot that it had lume until I came from outside into a dark room. A pleasant surprise. Seiko knocked it out of the park with the 033/035.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:No compliance today. Took the kids to see the grandparents this weekend and only brought one watch. Not this one. Last night my parents gave me a bag of watches that were my grandpa's and this was one of them. He loved clocks and had a ton of grandfather, cuckoo clocks, and others. I didn't know he had a small watch collection. He had a bunch of pocket watches too. Don't mind the date. Anyone know if these have a quick date setting?
Damn homie! What a sweet surprise! I wonder if you were subtly collecting Omegas subconsciously since it was already in your blood?!?

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

A few compliance requisites met today
Signed crown
Carnivore
HUISABH for watch and strap
Happy Sunday guys!

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Signed crown Sunday... kinda. The crown is worn down, but it looks like the Omega sign was there. Cleaned it up today and put a new strap on it. I like the brown, but maybe something without the stitching. Was able to take the crystal off and clean it up but didn't remove the movement. To afraid to screw something up.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

A flat brown lizard strap would be amazing on that.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Thanks for the suggestion, [mention]ManonTime[/mention]. I have these two in the mail.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Today was a two watch day. My envy of [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] ’s lunar pilot (that polished case :o ) resulted in me pulling my 96B258 out last night. I fell asleep with it on so it was worn a little while this morning. Then I switched to the yellow Vostok. Now I’m back to the Bulova for signed crown Sunday.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, [mention]ManonTime[/mention]. I have these two in the mail.

YES!!! Strap number 2 is gonna look the business!!!!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:Today was a two watch day. My envy of [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] ’s lunar pilot (that polished case :o ) resulted in me pulling my 96B258 out last night. I fell asleep with it on so it was worn a little while this morning. Then I switched to the yellow Vostok. Now I’m back to the Bulova for signed crown Sunday.

Great watch choices! But what is that strap on the Dirskie?!? Its like a fabric jubilee and is awesome.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Signed Crown Sunday compliant, carnivore compliant to an extreme degree and unpictured beverage compliant. Also gonna throw in some kick ass America cake compliance. My in laws, sister in law and mom all threw us a little anniversary party. The carne asada and pollo asado was for 6 people. Probably could have fed 5X that. Looks like I know what I am eating all week!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Mod Monday and HUISABH compliant. The strap is a CW but not what came on the watch. [mention]Dubb Rubb[/mention], that snowflake needs to come along with you for our meet up, whenever it happens.
Thank you to all who served and gave the ultimate price.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:31 am
Split-Time wrote:Today was a two watch day. My envy of @ManOnTime ’s lunar pilot (that polished case :o ) resulted in me pulling my 96B258 out last night. I fell asleep with it on so it was worn a little while this morning. Then I switched to the yellow Vostok. Now I’m back to the Bulova for signed crown Sunday.

Great watch choices! But what is that strap on the Dirskie?!? Its like a fabric jubilee and is awesome.

Happy anniversary buddy!

That strap is what CNS calls a single pass jubilee. I thought calling it a jubilee was reaching a bit, but I guess not :lol: . That gray is the only one that I have but I should probably pick up a few more 8-) .

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... lon-straps