LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Nice!!! Next time I'm out that way, I'll hit them up. My parent's used to live in Copperopolis, which isn't too far. Wish I would've known about them then because I would have hit that place up when visiting.
Copperopolis sounds like where Dr. Seuss would have lived had he gotten into metallurgy[emoji23].

Also, snagged a business card with most of their sausage options. Staying at a hotel with a kitchenette, so I may try to cook one. But don't have oil[emoji22]. I have pots and pans and can simmer, but can't finish them properly. Might still try.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:I don’t know if it really is, but I’m going with vintage status for this watch. The bezel was put to use when I boiled frozen pierogis for lunch at work. Don’t judge..I didn’t have a lot to work with :roll:.

"I'll take luxury watch owners eating frozen pierogis for lunch for $1000 Alex."

"Who is the homie Split-Time?"

Alex: "let's see whatever he said! Annnnndd. . . he is correct!!"

"Fak yeah Alex. And I wouldn't have it any other way!"

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:56 pm
Split-Time wrote:I don’t know if it really is, but I’m going with vintage status for this watch. The bezel was put to use when I boiled frozen pierogis for lunch at work. Don’t judge..I didn’t have a lot to work with :roll:.

"I'll take luxury watch owners eating frozen pierogis for lunch for $1000 Alex."

"Who is the homie Split-Time?"

Alex: "let's see whatever he said! Annnnndd. . . he is correct!!"

"Fak yeah Alex. And I wouldn't have it any other way!"

You are on roll this evening :lol:! I needed that.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:Nice!!! Next time I'm out that way, I'll hit them up. My parent's used to live in Copperopolis, which isn't too far. Wish I would've known about them then because I would have hit that place up when visiting.
Copperopolis sounds like where Dr. Seuss would have lived had he gotten into metallurgy[emoji23].

Also, snagged a business card with most of their sausage options. Staying at a hotel with a kitchenette, so I may try to cook one. But don't have oil[emoji22]. I have pots and pans and can simmer, but can't finish them properly. Might still try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

BRD practically leapt out of the box today. I. The background you will notice Joe Dirt’s niece [emoji6]

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm Carnivore AF compliance. One of the local contractors tipped me off to an unparalleled sausage place(Lockeford meat co.) for reference @Stretch44 and @watchpalooza when your back in the bay. Not a restaurant, a sausage and jerky maker. He warned of 30 minute lines on a good day, could be 1-2 hours on the weekend. I spent far too much $ but am planning on sharing with my FIL. Probably only spent 15-20 minutes in line, and have only tried the jerky, but am a happy camper right now[emoji3]

ImageImage

Did you drive out past Lodi? Daddy’s Ribs is also good, across the street.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

NATO compliance today while the furry one dreams about whatever cats dream about (Chasing birds? Canned food? Constant beam of sunlight?)
PXL_20210408_203535256.jpg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm Carnivore AF compliance. One of the local contractors tipped me off to an unparalleled sausage place(Lockeford meat co.) for reference @Stretch44 and @watchpalooza when your back in the bay. Not a restaurant, a sausage and jerky maker. He warned of 30 minute lines on a good day, could be 1-2 hours on the weekend. I spent far too much $ but am planning on sharing with my FIL. Probably only spent 15-20 minutes in line, and have only tried the jerky, but am a happy camper right now[emoji3]

ImageImage

Did you drive out past Lodi? Daddy’s Ribs is also good, across the street.
Damn. You're good bud! Also a day late on that rib tip! I may venture out that way again tomorrow. Its only like 15 minutes from my hotel, and I love me some ribs!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sussa wrote:NATO compliance today while the furry one dreams about whatever cats dream about (Chasing birds? Canned food? Constant beam of sunlight?)
PXL_20210408_203535256.jpg
Here's some bonus kitten compliance. Apparently these guys were found living under one of the job trailers. Mom is still under there and only comes out at night, but the little ones are bothering the marketing department with their meowing. It's taking everything I've got to not just take them home with me.
ImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Tweed Thursday compliance :P
AmIright???

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

NATO and HUISABH compliance with the Merkur/Seizenn. Just arrived last night and wears well for well under $100 delivered.

Trying to decide how I want to mod it. Maybe a white dial with 12 hour bezel? Who knows.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Late check in with two crown compliance.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Fun watch Friday plus the first daffodil bloom
PXL_20210409_165847002.jpg
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

HUISABH/Member Awesomeness and Field Watch Friday compliant to start and followed it up with beverage compliance. Have a weekend Legion!

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Only one post in LWDS today! Come on, we can do better. Anyways, TGI double F! Was this week crazy for anyone else? Can't wait for a relaxing early morning with coffee on the couch. Hopefully I get up before the crazies. No compliance, just a cool watch!

Edit: Two posts. Robbie posted while I was posting.