LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:What a great wife you have!
My GF (probably future wife) accepts the watch collecting. Especially since I stopped buying a bunch of randoms haha.
She has also started an "Omega wedding watch fund" that she will use to buy or help me buy this watch on or before or wedding (whenever that may be)
This watch too is one of my top top Grails. Congrats sir

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Sounds like you found yourself a keeper too! They will never understand it, much like how we view their shoes and purses and sunglasses or whatever. All we can ask for is acceptance.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Congratulations [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]. I hope to purchase a grail sometime in the (distant :lol: ) future.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Rabirnie
MoT Member

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Rabirnie »

Congratulations Dub! That’s definitely on my grail list too.

Beverage compliant this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Stretch44 wrote:Maybe we can amend the rules and add Speedy Tuesday to Tool Watch/Timex Tuesday...
No disrespect to the watch in question as it is a beauty, but how is a Speedmastet not a tool watch? It was the best tool for the job to take to the moon, so that is enough of a tool for me.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Sporkboy wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:Maybe we can amend the rules and add Speedy Tuesday to Tool Watch/Timex Tuesday...
No disrespect to the watch in question as it is a beauty, but how is a Speedmastet not a tool watch? It was the best tool for the job to take to the moon, so that is enough of a tool for me.
It's considered a tool watch, right? It's just a luxury tool watch now. At least that's my thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Stretch44 wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:
It's considered a tool watch, right? It's just a luxury tool watch now. At least that's my thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sure, luxury tool watch is apt. This would apply to a Rolex sub, GMT, etc. For me, anything over $1,000 (and probably a lot less) counts in this category. At any rate, they are all welcome on Tuesdays (and any other day really).

Maybe a tool watch use rule could go into place. If you wear a tool watch for the explicit purpose of its function other than basic time telling then you could be compliant. Timing steaks with a dive bezel or timing your slick car laps with a Daytona, Speedmaster or other Chrono for instance would count.

Bonus points to the first one to post a pic with high end chrono at a slick track.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Went for a stroll on this very mild evening and decided to have a cigar as well..
IMG_20190919_210040.jpg

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Rabirnie wrote:Congratulations Dub! That’s definitely on my grail list too.

I really love this Komandirskie, is it an 020 case? Was it an SE? If so, it is basically the perfect Vostok. No date, bright and fun but with some legit WR. Either way, looks great.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Went for a stroll on this very mild evening and decided to have a cigar as well..
IMG_20190919_210040.jpg
Sounds like my kind of evening. A little alone time outdoors with a nice cigar? Yes please. Throw a little bourbon in the mix, and I am a very happy camper. Glad you are enjoying yourself MoT, I know you have been busy collecting the stats for this month. It's been INSANE!!!

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Rabirnie wrote:Congratulations Dub! That’s definitely on my grail list too.

I really love this Komandirskie, is it an 020 case? Was it an SE? If so, it is basically the perfect Vostok. No date, bright and fun but with some legit WR. Either way, looks great.

I love this Komandirskie too. Glad I finally pulled the trigger on one, as it was one of the first watches I noticed on WUS as a total noob and 2 years later it still resonated.

Not sure about the case, but it is not an SE. I actually like the no date here for the symmetry of the dial and yea just a fun watch to throw on and not really worry about. Picked mine up on eBay during the last 10% off sale, but Meranom generally has them in stock.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

[mention]rub dubb[/mention] you are killin' it! I knew something was coming on Thursday but we have been too busy for me to even peek. I never would have guessed that it would be a Speedy!!!

As far as tool watches, that may be a fluid definition, but take it from the guy with a Saturn I, Saturn, V and a Space Shuttle in his avatar....the Speedmaster fits the bill! Horilogically I'm not qualified to speak on many (if any) subjects but I am fairly well versed in manned spaceflight history 8-) .
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Forgot to post yesterday for Field Watch Friday, but here is the pics I took for it. The trusty Glycine Moonphase.
ImageImage

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Seiko Saturday compliance.
95768F7D-504E-4B1F-9798-0104D3724459.jpeg

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Not compliant today, but can you really blame me?!? Made up for it with beverage compliance.

I will also admit, and maybe this should go in the true confessions thread, but I took this watch to the AD to have the bracelet sized. I was ashamed of it, but the screws were stubborn AF(apparently due to an insane amount of loctite). Apparently they have to heat up the bracelets to loosen the loctite and then adjust. $20 and my man card to adjust versus me stripping screw heads and ruining a bracelet seemed worth it in the end.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Seiko Saturday compliance.
95768F7D-504E-4B1F-9798-0104D3724459.jpeg
Man, that watch is really cool! I love those knurled crowns. And that handset just works. Really good looking watch you have there bud!