We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Split-Time »

tzolandz wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:35 am Image

My collection isn’t big so this is the same watch used for compliance last time - but hey - I put it on a different strap for ya! Happy Friday all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not the size of the collection that counts. That Hamilton is a beautiful piece! For what it's worth, when Dub first posted the "rules" I thought I might be able to make it a week without recycling the exact same thing. Yesterday I picked up a quartz watch that I had all but given up on, put it on a NATO and loved it.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Currently my only field watch but those Hamiltons are getting harder and harder to just look at. Happy Friday everyone!
IMG_6884.jpg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Friday 7/19/19 Letter to the Legion

Dear Legion,
I hope this letter finds you in a super-dope state of being. I've been thinking a bit about the issue of daily compliance and I have a suggestion that may help some of you. I know that, in part, the point of the exercise is to wear some of the watches that you might not normally wear. And that is all well and good. But who amongst us doesn't love buying a new watch?! Not one of us.......that's who. We all love it. And we all love a bargain. It's one of the things that has united us. And we likely all love killing two birds with one stone too. Which brings me to my suggestion; to buy yourself a Timex field watch. It seems that some of you have difficulty finding something for Timex Tuesday and for Field Watch Friday. Why not buy yourself a cheap and good-looking beater that could potentially cover both days. Timex makes a ridiculous number of models of field watches. Some for as little as $20 and most for well under $70. Right now, Certified Watch Store has a pretty incredible selection. Timex itself is also having a sale on their site. And of course ebay may be the ultimate place to shop for Timex. Some of the keywords to look for are Expedition, Waterbury, MK1, Allied. Even the Weekender is basically a field watch. And if none of those suit you, you could opt for a cheap digital like an Ironman to just cover your Tuesdays. And your field watch need not be boring. Timex makes sober re-creations of classic military watches as well as bright outlandish field watches. I'm linking to The Timex selection at CWS and posting some photos of possibilities below. Just a suggestion you are free to pursue or ignore. That is all.
Seek deals and be well,

yinzburgher

https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/wat ... men_s.html

Last edited by yinzburgher on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hamilton Khaki Field and a Bell's Oberon

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:Friday 7/19/19 Letter to the Legion

Dear Legion,
I hope this letter finds in a super-dope state of being. I've been thinking a bit about the issue of daily compliance and I have a suggestion that may help some of you. I know that, in part, the point of the exercise is to wear some of the watches that you might not normally wear. And that is all well and good. But who amongst us doesn't love buying a new watch?! Not one of us.......that's who. We all love it. And we all love a bargain. It's one of the things that has united us. And we likely all love killing two birds with one stone too. Which brings me to my suggestion; to buy yourself a Timex field watch. It seems that some of you have difficulty finding something for Timex Tuesday and for Field Watch Friday. Why not buy yourself a cheap and good-looking beater that could potentially cover both days. Timex makes a ridiculous number of models of field watches. Some for as little as $20 and most for well under $70. Right now, Certified Watch Store has a pretty incredible selection. Timex itself is also having a sale on their site. And of course ebay may be the ultimate place to shop for Timex. Some of the keywords to look for are Expedition, Waterbury, MK1, Allied. Even the Weekender is basically a field watch. And if none of those suit you, you could opt for a cheap digital like an Ironman to just cover your Tuesdays. And your field watch need not be boring. Timex makes sober re-creations of classic military watches as well as bright outlandish field watches. I'm linking to The Timex selection at CWS and posting some photos of possibilities below. Just a suggestion you are free to pursue or ignore. That is all.
Seek deals and be well,

yinzburgher

https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/wat ... men_s.html

Also remember that ALL watches purchased from the HUISABH thread are ALWAYS compliant. Therefore one of these Timexes could not only fill in Tuesdays and Fridays, but any other hole in your week.

And [mention]Yinzburgher[/mention], I was gonna call you out on preaching all this compliance talk and not even posting a pic. Then I saw the next post. . .

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Field Watch Friday compliant. Gonna have a beverage here soon, but am debating between bourbon and beer. I'll check back in with my decision.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Oops, never updated my decision. Went with the bourbon. . .followed by beer. Good choices to have. I also love using this glass. I don't remember if I told the story behind it here or not, but Mrs Dub Rubb still gets a laugh out of it being my primary shot glass.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Compliance via regulation adult beverage.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Sporkboy wrote:Compliance via regulation adult beverage.
May you both operate with regularity.
Living a comeback montage.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Compliant today with the new crown jewel of my modest collection, the SRP775 given to me by my wife as an early anniversary gift. On a plain black strap from Erika, because I'm not a bracelet guy. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Watcha group watch. Had a Seiko inside.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
tzolandz

Post by tzolandz »

Feeling compliant while avoiding the heat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

IMG_6914.JPG
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Hope all the affected members of the Legion are surviving the heat wave alright. Pretty fortunate with a mild day today here. Seiko Saturday compliant and soon to be carnivore and beverage compliant.
ImageImageImage

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Dub Rubb wrote:Hope all the affected members of the Legion are surviving the heat wave alright. Pretty fortunate with a mild day today here.
Doing just fine here. There's a reason why I put up with the traffic, high cost of living and insane real estate prices of the California coast. :-)

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.