LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:37 am
Stretch44 wrote:Only carnivore compliant today. Wearing my new Railmaster. Going for the modern trilogy... Image
[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] damn man! When did this happen?!? Last I saw you were just trying on an Omega! Congrats my guy! That is one sexy looking watch. If you keep it up, you'll soon have a compliant omega for every day of the week! Aside from Saturday of course.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I picked it up yesterday, I think I've blown my watch budget for the foreseeable future. My wife and I went to Valley Fair without the kids to do some shopping. So naturally I said let's go look at watches. I've really been wanting the 1957 Trilogy but my wife really likes the modern Railmaster. Was going back and forth and she made the final decision. Was able to haggle and got it 25% off including tax.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:38 amLooks awesome! Surprised to hear about the spring bars considering how overbuilt the SKX ones are. Also curious about the lume on that particular model being all blacked out and whatnot.
I'll get another shot later at night

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Sunday signed crown compliant. Image
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Compliant today on many levels. Signed Crown? Check. Carnivore Compliance? Check. Bonus catface compliance? Check! And I am about to crack an adult beverage. Man I love Sundays!!
ImageImage

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Sunday signed crown compliant. Image
Man that thing looks great! I take it you are at the niners game? While not a fan myself, I will be rooting for them for you!(and the wife I guess).

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:38 pm Only carnivore compliant today. Wearing my new Railmaster. Going for the modern trilogy... Image
Whoa, look at you go! Congratulations!!! Super bonus that your wife was involved in the decision.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Started the day off with this year’s Father’s Day watch, a Citizen with a “D” on the crown. My wife made steak and rice for lunch and I used to SKX as sort of a count down bezel. I enjoy this watch and started thinking about picking up a SKX013 or a new Seiko 5 model to put a 12 hour bezel on.

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Signed Crown / Strap change

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Stretch44 wrote:Sunday signed crown compliant. Image
Man that thing looks great! I take it you are at the niners game? While not a fan myself, I will be rooting for them for you!(and the wife I guess).

Thanks! Really liking it, the blue dial looks really good in sun light. Yeah, I went to the niner game with Father-in-law and Brother-in-law. Had a blast!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:10 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:38 pm Only carnivore compliant today. Wearing my new Railmaster. Going for the modern trilogy... Image
Whoa, look at you go! Congratulations!!! Super bonus that your wife was involved in the decision.
Thank you! Yeah, she's pretty awesome and has great taste. I'm always bugging her showing pictures of watches and getting her take.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 pm
Thank you! Yeah, she's pretty awesome and has great taste. I'm always bugging her showing pictures of watches and getting her take.
Is she aware of this site and how enabling it is? :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Is she aware of this site and how enabling it is? :lol:
Haha, yes! She sees me posting all the time and thinks I'm a nerd. I have a love/hate relationship with this place.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

CW Trident...still on the brushed bracelet in place of the original polished center links. That’s a mod, isn’t it?

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:CW Trident...still on the brushed bracelet in place of the original polished center links. That’s a mod, isn’t it?

I'll count it! That looks really good. I used to give CW crap for the knife/fork/spoon handset, but now I feel it really gave them character. The new ones just seem too generic and now I think the handset looks the business.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mod Monday semi compliant with the strapcode. Twas an early morning and this was wound and set.