As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Boourns »

Who needs a waffle strap when you have actual waffles? Happy Seiko Saturday!

I wish that watch were 38mm?
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I've got a thing for Seiko military dials...
IMG_8448_small.JPG
Living a comeback montage.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

peskydonut wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am I've got a thing for Seiko military dials... IMG_8448_small.JPG
Welcome peskydonut!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

During the summer I go to the farmer's market most Saturday mornings. Corn is my weakness.
IMG_6839.jpg
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Split-Time wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:34 am Welcome peskydonut!
Thank you! Excited to join the MoT community.
Split-Time wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:45 am During the summer I go to the farmer's market most Saturday mornings. Corn is my weakness.
Farmer's markets are the best! They're like the Windup Watch Fair of fruit and veg.
Living a comeback montage.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Wearing the Orient Mako II today on a newly arrived strap from Erika. I always liked the look on the stock bracelet, but never really liked how it felt, so it wasn't getting worn much. Now with the MN strap, it's super comfortable and I love the look. It's like getting a new watch.

I know this isn't technically compliant, but since Orient is a tiny little part of the giant Seiko Holdings, Ltd. keiretsu, I'm going to claim at least partial compliance. ;-)ImageImage

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

larand wrote:Wearing the Orient Mako II today on a newly arrived strap from Erika. I always liked the look on the stock bracelet, but never really liked how it felt, so it wasn't getting worn much. Now with the MN strap, it's super comfortable and I love the look. It's like getting a new watch.

I know this isn't technically compliant, but since Orient is a tiny little part of the giant Seiko Holdings, Ltd. keiretsu, I'm going to claim at least partial compliance. ;-)ImageImage

OK. I missed Orient in my acronym. Are there any other Seiko brands that I have missed?

Seiko, Alba, Lorus, Pulsar, Orient, ???
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sporkboy wrote:
larand wrote:Wearing the Orient Mako II today on a newly arrived strap from Erika. I always liked the look on the stock bracelet, but never really liked how it felt, so it wasn't getting worn much. Now with the MN strap, it's super comfortable and I love the look. It's like getting a new watch.

OK. I missed Orient in my acronym. Are there any other Seiko brands that I have missed?

SII and Epson movements would also count.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Only the most serious of dive gear for Seiko Saturday.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sporkboy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:25 pm

J Springs too. And I doubt any of us have any Credors but should certainly count.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

peskydonut wrote:I've got a thing for Seiko military dials...
IMG_8448_small.JPG
Looks like you'll fit right in around these parts. Glad you found your way over here. Oh, and

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:Only the most serious of dive gear for Seiko Saturday.

Good job matching your "scuba" gear to the watch though!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

You're really selling me on the EO straps with your two recent postings. Like I said before, GREAT job matching the strap to the watch. Looks incredible.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Double compliance on Seiko Saturday. Had to kill some time while getting new tires for the work car, so what better way than a couple beers! The list was overwhelming, and if I wasn't driving, I could have gotten into some trouble here.
ImageImageImage

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Dub Rubb wrote: You're really selling me on the EO straps with your two recent postings. Like I said before, GREAT job matching the strap to the watch. Looks incredible.

Wait till you see what I have planned for tomorrow... [emoji16]