We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Compliant today thanks to the HUISABH thread and my new 5KX!!(well, one of them!). The push pull crown is really effing with me since I am so accustomed to a regular SKX. Aside from that, everything seems to be improved! The strap is very soft and supple, more like what came I'm my turtles as opposed to the garbage that came on SKX's. Also carnivore compliant with my first attempt at Turkey meatballs.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Field Watch Friday compliant with the trusty Glycine. This is finally getting the wrist time it deserves thanks to field watch Friday and a leather strap.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Ahhhh, Saturday. Typical German weekend double beverage compliance while waiting for my wife at the eyeglass store.
8A3AF666-44FD-43E1-B9C0-AE52DED06960.jpeg

Edit: That second beer was for her, but she is still adjusting glasses...what's left of her beer:
5852C627-AB74-48EE-B140-0EE90F8E0D7C.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Idk how I keep going so many days while forgetting to post. Didn't feel like setting another watch after the gym and this one was still going. Plus I love it.
Lazy Sinn Saturday!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Seiko Saturday compliant now

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Beverage compliant, even though it's not my Sangria, and molcajete.

Wife knows better than to leave her beverage unattended, even when it's not my favorite. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by PetWatch on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

This is the first and only time I will ever post wrist shots of and Omega and a Rolex in the same post 8-) .

I was out of town for a few days this week and only wore my running watch. Stopped in a BBQ restaurant in Chattanooga, TN only to find the fellow running the register wearing this. He was super cool and told me that he bought it for himself for his 21st birthday. I don’t think he’s second guessing himself, but he did feel the need to explain. I told him about my one-watch-uncle who has wore the same sub everyday since 1987, except for service sessions. I really enjoyed our conversation.

Bonus pic from the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. I stumbled across this sunrise while looking for a gift for my son. Stood awestruck at the window while people walked by in both directions and was reminded of the Ferris Bueller quote about life moving fast and stopping to take a look. The sky was like this for only about fifteen seconds.

Today I saw “one-watch-uncle.” He was I interested in seeing the Q and I am always interested in seeing the one watch!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Split-Time wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:28 pm Bonus pic from the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. I stumbled across this sunrise while looking for a gift for my son. Stood awestruck at the window while people walked by in both directions and was reminded of the Ferris Bueller quote about life moving fast and stopping to take a look. The sky was like this for only about fifteen seconds.
Incredible pic ST. And I like your caption/synopsis as well. Hope you enjoyed your travels.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:46 pm
Split-Time wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:28 pm Bonus pic from the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. I stumbled across this sunrise while looking for a gift for my son. Stood awestruck at the window while people walked by in both directions and was reminded of the Ferris Bueller quote about life moving fast and stopping to take a look. The sky was like this for only about fifteen seconds.
Incredible pic ST. And I like your caption/synopsis as well. Hope you enjoyed your travels.

Yep, that’s the one. Thank you.

I’m back at home. We had a birthday party for my son today, my wife found out that I bought the Q as a reward to myself for repairing the refrigerator, and I back to browsing watches. Life is good!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Posting late, but still awake, so here we go. Started off Seiko Saturday compliant. Then switched it up for dinner with the in laws. I was excited to see my FIL wearing the 8926 I built him, and we celebrated with some exceptional tequila. And since he was Seiko powered compliant I had to take some pics.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:57 am Posting late, but still awake, so here we go. Started off Seiko Saturday compliant. Then switched it up for dinner with the in laws. I was excited to see my FIL wearing the 8926 I built him, and we celebrated with some exceptional tequila. And since he was Seiko powered compliant I had to take some pics.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Great post! I will eventually end up with that Seiko. That dial! The mod I would happily pay for. I think it is my favorite of yours. Top it off with the tequila (and the father-in-law!) and the Speedy...and what else could you ask for?

Oh, your wife’s watch! She can join in the fun :D
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Signed Crowns today! This one will check multiple days compliance

ImageImage

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Again... ImageImage
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Mod-Monday compliant with a suede strap for the Codek. First time really wearing this watch, as I got a little busy and then realized I wanted a different strap than the black shell cordovan it came on. I think it pairs well and makes me think orange suede would look dynamite to complement the tip of the second hand. Orange would also serve me well for wearing at Clemson sporting events!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Mod Monday compliance. Landshark on a Zuludiver wave strap. This one is much softer and pliable than any of the Seiko straps like this I’ve had.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody