LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Two crown compliance for now. Waiting for my Meister Driver to come today and then I'm switching. I guess it's MoT inner circle compliant as I used the MoT code to get a smoking deal on it.

Also, super pumped because I'm taking next week off and am going to relax. Felt like the last day of school today...

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:37 pm Two crown compliance for now. Waiting for my Meister Driver to come today and then I'm switching. I guess it's MoT inner circle compliant as I used the MoT code to get a smoking deal on it.

Also, super pumped because I'm taking next week off and am going to relax. Felt like the last day of school today...

You and the sweater again :roll: . Jealous. I got six miles in after work and though about Mark Twain saying, “the coldest summer I ever spent was summer in San Francisco.” :lol:
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:07 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:37 pm Two crown compliance for now. Waiting for my Meister Driver to come today and then I'm switching. I guess it's MoT inner circle compliant as I used the MoT code to get a smoking deal on it.

You and the sweater again :roll: . Jealous. I got six miles in after work and though about Mark Twain saying, “the coldest summer I ever spent was summer in San Francisco.” :lol:
In Monterey/SF Bay you always have to dress in layers. It was foggy until noon and then cleared up. Usually July and August are some of the coldest months of the year.

Here's my newest. I'm going with MoT inner circle compliance. Got it from River Edge with the MoT discount. Got even less because of the shipping fiasco. This is probably the best deal I've gotten in a very long time.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:15 pm

In Monterey/SF Bay you always have to dress in layers. It was foggy until noon and then cleared up. Usually July and August are some of the coldest months of the year.

Here's my newest. I'm going with MoT inner circle compliance. Got it from River Edge with the MoT discount. Got even less because of the shipping fiasco. This is probably the best deal I've gotten in a very long time.

That is a beautiful watch!

I have a good bit of family in the Bay area that I would like to visit. I have a pretty good idea about the weather, but not all of the nuances. The heat has never bothered me here but running in it is another animal.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Two crown and beverage compliant.

Busted out the Armogan chrono to celebrate 4 years of marriage with Mrs. Birnie. Got to enjoy a couple of kid free hours, eat a delicious meal, and some refreshing drinks.

Wife bought me this when I was first getting into watches and didn’t know any better about what to look for. All I knew was I wanted a chrono and the aesthetics worked for me. Times change but this watch is a great reminder of my wife and my journey into watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Rabirnie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:15 pm Two crown and beverage compliant.

Busted out the Armogan chrono to celebrate 4 years of marriage with Mrs. Birnie. Got to enjoy a couple of kid free hours, eat a delicious meal, and some refreshing drinks.

Wife bought me this when I was first getting into watches and didn’t know any better about what to look for. All I knew was I wanted a chrono and the aesthetics worked for me. Times change but this watch is a great reminder of my wife and my journey into watches.

Congratulations on the anniversary and what sounds like a great day!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:

You and the sweater again :roll: . Jealous. I got six miles in after work and though about Mark Twain saying, “the coldest summer I ever spent was summer in San Francisco.” [emoji38]

I have a good bit of family in the Bay area that I would like to visit. I have a pretty good idea about the weather, but not all of the nuances. The heat has never bothered me here but running in it is another animal.
You have more family than you know brother. If you come back to the bay, brews are on me bud.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Rabirnie wrote:Two crown and beverage compliant.

Happy anniversary my man! And good on you for wearing the right watch for the occasion. I am sure that made Mrs. Birnie happy, which in turn made you happy. It turns out, watches are a great way to memorialize a specific time in our lives. It's not just man jewelry(well it mostly is), but certain watches will hold a sentimental value that can't be priced in dollars, and their is so much more value in that.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Beer and Chips In bed...oh yeah.
EAB09456-0E48-444D-9017-340EE017FC4F.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:49 am
Split-Time wrote:

You have more family than you know brother. If you come back to the bay, brews are on me bud.

That's awesome. I'm sure that we will be coming your way in the next couple of years. Before the current situation travel was probably our #1 "hobby."
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Happy Friday!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Thanks G-d it's weekend!
Attachments
IMG_20200703_200800520_compress34.jpg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

HUISABH compliant with this new arrival. This is a really sharp GADA watch and will definitely be seeing some serious wrist time.
ImageImageImageImage

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I was about ready to post my Geckota for Seiko Saturday compliance, when it dawned on me right before I hit "submit" that today is Friday.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:58 pm I was about ready to post my Geckota for Seiko Saturday compliance, when it dawned on me right before I hit "submit" that today is Friday.
Same. I was reaching for the flightmaster :lol: .