As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:43 pm Stolen bracelet compliant. If anyone asks, I wasn't here. This "modern" Vostok now has a nice vintagey vibe to it.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
1. That’s awesome!
2. I almost suggested that you try it on a diver recently...sorta like a hint :D.
3. It is not even remotely considered stolen because you are still the man and have had a lot of stuff going on. When people vanish...that’s a different story :(.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I wore my dad’s watch today as I try to do regularly. Watches that belonged to family members are always compliant in my book, but just to be safe here is an Old Fashioned 8-). What I do for you people :lol:.

Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a great start!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:43 pm Stolen bracelet compliant. If anyone asks, I wasn't here. This "modern" Vostok now has a nice vintagey vibe to it.

1. That’s awesome!
2. I almost suggested that you try it on a diver recently...sorta like a hint :D.
3. It is not even remotely considered stolen because you are still the man and have had a lot of stuff going on. When people vanish...that’s a different story :(.
Thank you again for this opportunity to try this out. I still have one or two more I want to try it on before I send it back, but it has made me want my own. And also that flat link speedy bracelet Stretch has.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:I wore my dad’s watch today as I try to do regularly. Watches that belonged to family members are always compliant in my book, but just to be safe here is an Old Fashioned 8-). What I do for you people [emoji38].

Family watches are indeed always compliant. It's an unwritten rule, but now you are in the know. You're dad had great taste too! I feel for the poor children who's dad's are buying invictas on cruise ships because "this $1200 watch is on sale for only $600!!". They'll be lucky if ma and pa at least splurged on an 8926.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:39 pm
Split-Time wrote:I wore my dad’s watch today as I try to do regularly. Watches that belonged to family members are always compliant in my book, but just to be safe here is an Old Fashioned 8-). What I do for you people [emoji38].

Family watches are indeed always compliant. It's an unwritten rule, but now you are in the know. You're dad had great taste too! I feel for the poor children who's dad's are buying invictas on cruise ships because "this $1200 watch is on sale for only $600!!". They'll be lucky if ma and pa at least splurged on an 8926.

We gave that watch to him as a gift...you know, because I like watches :lol:. My wife said that it was $60 at TJ Maxx, which goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot for a nice looking watch.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Field watch, cat, and grandpop's WWII watch compliant. Switched up and am finishing the night with my Oris. Really can't believe I even considered selling it.

[mention]Dub Rubb[/mention], if you want to try out the Uncle Seiko flat link or Forstner flat link, let me know.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Seiko Saturday compliant. I think Seiko may have gone a little overboard with the new Tuna.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:07 pm Seiko Saturday compliant. I think Seiko may have gone a little overboard with the new Tuna.

:lol:

That's the new MoT MegaJumbo XL Tuna. I told them the embargo didn't end until Monday! :evil:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Only cat compliance today
PXL_20210605_203539778.jpg
tinpusher
MoT Member

Post by tinpusher »

Sussa wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:35 pm Only cat compliance today

PXL_20210605_203539778.jpg
Interesting dial color. I'm not sure I've seen a dial that shade before.
Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:07 pm Seiko Saturday compliant. I think Seiko may have gone a little overboard with the new Tuna.

This is so funny.
I think it gives you great wrist presence - not sure that strap colour is the right one. LOL!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Non compliant today, this was earlier and now. Had a few other changes in there too, just didn't take pics.

Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

Canadian club and dry - the only compliance today.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Signed crown compliance.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Dog days of summer compliance. G-Shock needed for the pup's spa day (brushing, nail trim, bath).
PXL_20210606_181437225.jpg