LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:34 am
Split-Time wrote:I wasn't planning on this being a part of the legion today when I put it on...forgot about the signed crown. There is no good way to take a wrist shot of the crown so if you don't like hair just keep on scrollin' :lol:

IMG_7620.jpg
I have found the following techniques to be helpful.

1. Wear the watch so the crown is away from the wrist and then shoot the picture down your arm.

2. Embrace the fact that you have ample arm hair and try not to worry about it.
I believe you have me beat in the arm hair department :o . Good suggestions!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I have been going back and forth about a Smith's Everest. Now I'm seeing the Tisell and hope to read some reviews when I have time soon. Thinking about these made me reach for my little Tiger this morning to wear around the house. It is off the bracelet for Mod Monday.
IMG_7630.jpg
konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

Mod compliant with an Aliexpress jubilee that just put on my Spinnaker Croft. The end link alignment could use some work, but I'm not gonna bother now, squeezing the end links in, adjusting and sizing it was a total pain in the ass. Look cool though, I'm a sucker for everything yellow gold.Image
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I missed Signed Crown Sunday, but here it is anyway. :lol:

Another tip to get the crown in the shot is to use the front-facing (selfie) cam on your phone. That way you can use the entire screen as the viewfinder.
IMG_20190902_124325.jpg
IMG_20190902_124325.jpg (96.93 KiB) Viewed 7663 times
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Entry for Mod Monday compliance. Modded bezel, insert and bracelet.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190902131256646_COVER.jpg

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:I have been going back and forth about a Smith's Everest. Now I'm seeing the Tisell and hope to read some reviews when I have time soon. Thinking about these made me reach for my little Tiger this morning to wear around the house. It is off the bracelet for Mod Monday.
IMG_7630.jpg
I am not sure how frequent you can get a discount on Tissels, but if it will be a firm $220, then you might hunt for a gently used Smiths. I see some recent ones available for $250-$300, so that may be be close enough. That is the way that I would personally go at any rate.

Initial reports show of some interesting lug hole/bracelet related decisions that would put me off. Smiths also has the history behind it which Tissel lacks. I know that Smiths is made by someone else now, but the brand at least is there.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:35 pm
Split-Time wrote:I have been going back and forth about a Smith's Everest. Now I'm seeing the Tisell and hope to read some reviews when I have time soon. Thinking about these made me reach for my little Tiger this morning to wear around the house. It is off the bracelet for Mod Monday.

IMG_7630.jpg
I am not sure how frequent you can get a discount on Tissels, but if it will be a firm $220, then you might hunt for a gently used Smiths. I see some recent ones available for $250-$300, so that may be be close enough. That is the way that I would personally go at any rate.

Initial reports show of some interesting lug hole/bracelet related decisions that would put me off. Smiths also has the history behind it which Tissel lacks. I know that Smiths is made by someone else now, but the brand at least is there.
You sort of read my mind. Just finished reading a thread of initial thoughts and reviews from early Tisell owners, plus I’m much more of a fan of the 1016 look. Thanks for the heads up on used prices. Will keep my eyes open. Probably won’t happen for a few months. Ended up buying a new suit and pair of shoes yesterday that I wasn’t expecting. I feel 8-) and :roll: at the same time.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Late checkin' in for Mod Monday, but I was compliant! SKX with a coin edge bezel, ebay insert and strapcode super oyster. I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Tool Watch Tuesday compliant with the neglected STO turtle. I still love it, but it has some competition. The Uncle Seiko strap helps it out, but Also looks great on all my other Seiko divers.

First world problems. . .

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Tool Watch Tuesday compliance: My new Deep Blue Master 1000 Full Lume came in today!

Wrote a little first impression review here: http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1152
DeepBlue13.jpg
DeepBlue13.jpg (139.42 KiB) Viewed 7616 times

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Sporkboy
MoT Member

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Sporkboy »

I love the blue with full lume. It looks like a well put together watch. Not sure how they pull the blue lume off, but it might be something for me to try and figure out. Once I figure out how to make normal full lume dials...

OK, for Vostok Vednesday I have my MoT dial Amphibia.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:51 am I love the blue with full lume. It looks like a well put together watch. Not sure how they pull the blue lume off, but it might be something for me to try and figure out. Once I figure out how to make normal full lume dials...

This is very cool! It combines two things that I really enjoy (divers and the MoT forums) with something I appreciate (watch moding)! Keep up the good work.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:I love the blue with full lume. It looks like a well put together watch. Not sure how they pull the blue lume off, but it might be something for me to try and figure out. Once I figure out how to make normal full lume dials...

Lovin' this! Did you brush the bezel? Or did it come like that? My favorite MoT watch yet BTW.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Compliant today with the only watch I purchased from the forum sadly. Still haven't seen this watch even close to what I got it for here. Love My Batman Turtle!

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Late night flight to Austin to watch LSU play! This is the only watch coming with me. I didn't buy the watch from this forum but it was free from the pay or forward thread! And drink compliant!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33