As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:70’s Sekonda from AnimalMother on the PIF thread. Still need the right bracelet, but I took the older of the two cases, swapped in the newer crystal and used the newer movement. I may do some polishing, but it is looking good. Movement was very clean.Image
I absolutely love vintage Russian watches. They are just so quirky and cool. Not to mention affordable! That one looks rad.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:70’s Sekonda from AnimalMother on the PIF thread. Still need the right bracelet, but I took the older of the two cases, swapped in the newer crystal and used the newer movement. I may do some polishing, but it is looking good. Movement was very clean.Image
I absolutely love vintage Russian watches. They are just so quirky and cool. Not to mention affordable! That one looks rad.

They are indeed cheap and quirky. I kind of lump them in with HMTs in that they are vintage, mechanical, cheap and kind of a crapshoot when ordering from eBay. Hard working watches for the every day person. That may not be fair to lump them together, but it is how I see them presently.

I put it on an expansion bracelet. Not too bad.

At any rate, I was surprised to see that the plastic crystal was just press fit and that there was no gasket of any kind on the caseback. I will have to check to see if there is a recess for a gasket, but I doubt it. This one is definitely not for even thinking about looking at water. I am shocked the watch survived as well as it did.

I should mention that I used the older case as it was more well defined the lines were more crisp and even the lug holes were drilled better. The newer watch did have an improved version of the movement, so it was an all around upgrade.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Alright legion. I know I have been teasing that I have something new for Thursdays. And here is another little tease. This is one big ass watch box. Beverage for size reference.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Speedmaster Pro?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Speedmaster Pro?
Damn, you're good!
ImageImage

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

My second (of many) grail watches!!!
ImageImageImage

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:Alright legion. I know I have been teasing that I have something new for Thursdays. And here is another little tease. This is one big ass watch box. Beverage for size reference.

Look at the size of that thing! (TWSS)

Wore the Vostok to work today to make up for missing yesterday. But switched to my tooly Sinn for the evening.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:My second (of many) grail watches!!!
ImageImageImage

My god I'm so jealous right now!

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

So jealous! This is my grail. I'm gradually convincing my wife that it's okay for me to spend a few thousand dollars on a watch. It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:My second (of many) grail watches!!!
ImageImageImage

My god I'm so jealous right now!

Not gonna lie, this was I big moment for me, and I am not disappointed. While the hesalite and solid caseback is the OG moonwatch, the sapphire sandwich was what I really wanted. I mean, just look at that movement! It's also really fun to watch the movement when you activate/deactivate/reset the chrono.
Stretch44 wrote:So jealous! This is my grail. I'm gradually convincing my wife that it's okay for me to spend a few thousand dollars on a watch. It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.
Lucky for me, I was the one who was hesitant and my enabler wife was the one who convinced me to just go for it. I explained that I really wanted one, and had the money saved and was afraid that since we are trying to have a Dub Rubb Jr. I wouldnt have the chance again for a long time. She was all for it.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

And here is a shot with it's brother from another mother. I should probably pick up a Bulova Lunar Pilot at some point to complete the trifecta.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Mind me asking where and how much you got it for?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Maybe we can amend the rules and add Speedy Tuesday to Tool Watch/Timex Tuesday...
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

What a great wife you have!
My GF (probably future wife) accepts the watch collecting. Especially since I stopped buying a bunch of randoms haha.
She has also started an "Omega wedding watch fund" that she will use to buy or help me buy this watch on or before or wedding (whenever that may be)
This watch too is one of my top top Grails. Congrats sir

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Mind me asking where and how much you got it for?
It came to just over 4k after cash back(which I already received). You can get the solid case back version for about $500 less before cash back. If you can time it right, I would try to get those high cash back #s.

I bought it through RGM from the Gallery Rare store. I can't say enough good things about them. I tried to buy one during the last 16% cash back, but after I checked out, they informed me that they had already sold that one. They were very apologetic, and said They would let me know as soon as they got another one. Sure enough they did. I had to settle for 4% cash back, but still feel I got a good deal for this specific model.