We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by yinzburgher »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:28 pm Holy moly, Batman. If anyone hasn‘t read through the link in the OP with the forensic evidence, grab a coffee and do it....mind blowing.
Very much agreed. I finally got around to reading the whole thing top to bottom. I know the guy isn't an actual journalist (it's more like a 4chan-style investigation) but the effort to collect all the "digital forensic" and evidence is pretty crazy. Also curious what the "journalist" motivations were. Think of all the time he must have spent. Think of all the dead ends or little clues that turned out to be nothing. I don't know enough about the law to know what exactly is illegal here and what is just shady or immoral but this TC dude is gonna be on the hook for something. And if he was really pulling in millions machining parts for Lockheed, what was he messing around with watches for? IDK

And now BREAKING NEWS------ the blog post is gone. Glad I actually got to finish the thing before it got taken down.

https://deepdweller.home.blog/2019/07/0 ... egal-past/

2019-07-04.png
And now for more speculation. It got taken down due to a Cease and Desist letters from Vail and/or Chi? Deepdweller was forced by some sort of law enforcement to take down the post because it is an active or new investigation? Was Chi covering his tracks bc random sub homage fanboys and this amateur investigator were figuring him out OR bc some agency with a little more in the way of consequence and repercussion was on to him?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by watchpalooza »

pgcity wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:15 pm interesting reads. saving to pdf to read later.
Were you able to grab the blog post as a pdf? If so, could you email it to me? Wanted to share it with my wife and of course now it is gone.

For me the compelling part was the alleged forensic evidence linking TC and Ginault to Chi, if authentic. I saw nothing that convinced me of Vail or Chi‘s involvement....only that their usernames were purportedly used on some paperwork submitted by Chi.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:46 am
pgcity wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:15 pm interesting reads. saving to pdf to read later.
Were you able to grab the blog post as a pdf? If so, could you email it to me? Wanted to share it with my wife and of course now it is gone.

For me the compelling part was the alleged forensic evidence linking TC and Ginault to Chi, if authentic. I saw nothing that convinced me of Vail or Chi‘s involvement....only that their usernames were purportedly used on some paperwork submitted by Chi.
PM'd
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Wow can't believe it was taken down already. I wonder if the author did it to edit it maybe?
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:11 am Wow can't believe it was taken down already. I wonder if the author did it to edit it maybe?
It does not appear likely...the account looks to have been suspended.
Click Icon To Contact Me

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Putting this here too lol
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:15 am
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:11 am Wow can't believe it was taken down already. I wonder if the author did it to edit it maybe?
I'm guessing he got too many threats. This forum below was more specific about why they took down their links to the document. I especially like the part where they pretend that they have a "legal team" and that said team could have multiple members.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/ ... he-tc-blog
bb_sub
MoT Member

Post by bb_sub »

yinzburgher wrote:
watchpalooza wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:15 am
I'm guessing he got too many threats. This forum below was more specific about why they took down their links to the document. I especially like the part where they pretend that they have a "legal team" and that said team could have multiple members.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/ ... he-tc-blog
My understanding is that it breached Wordpress’s terms of service in some way or another so they removed it. All speculation though.
cheddar
MoT Member

Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by cheddar »

Looked at the Wyoming SOS filings. It really is filed with forum handles and inconsistent address completion (one uses caps, one doesn’t). That filing was done by someone who wants to make trouble for Vail and WUS. It’s a cousin to SWATing. Whoever actually filed it probably has violated numerous state and federal laws, and I don’t blame WUS or Vail for their reactions. There’s possible identity theft, false filing, counterfeiting, and who knows what else, and at this point every one of those original forum posts and website posts are possible evidence for state and federal felony charges. No wonder that sites are removing them right and left.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:52 pm
Hidden Content
Looks like besides the redacted address of Chris Vail, he added this:

“(This is where this write-up deviates from the original write-up which was originally published on Wordpress but it was taken down)

After publishing the original write-up, Chris Vail has denied having any involvement and connections to Ginault and Tsung Chi. Chris Vail has also talked about this write-up being libel.

Brad Bokkean has said this on TRF and not on watchuseek.com: "You had me right up until you tried to implicate me and another WUS member in this global conspiracy. You're either not doing your due diligence very well or you are intentionally defaming me and Mr Vail,"

Pointing out and questioning what's on publicly-available legal documents is not libel nor defamation, it would be, if I falsified those documents or the documents purely just didn't exist.

But they do exist, and apart from highlighting areas, they weren't modified by me.

According to the legal documents on this government website:

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDe ... 4081219220

International Precision, Inc. was incorporated in Wyoming via electronic filing, and it shows "Chris Vail", not a forum name, with the address "43575 mission blvd. ca 94539” as the sole incorporator. We also saw that these legal documents were signed with the name "chris vail" and email "tsung.c.chi@gmail.com"

If this filing turns out to be fraudulent, whoever filed it is looking at a felony with up to two years in prison.”
Click Icon To Contact Me

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

I don't know who to believe anymore. The internet is a crazy place sometimes
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Wow this was nuts. It looks like Vail and the CSMTGTSG bo or whatever the heck he calls himself are probably victims here.
As far as the TC guy himself, if he had decided to turn over a new leaf that's great and I don't think he should be thrown to the dogs for that, but all of his lies about not being that guy and about being some bullsh*t "Charles Ginault" are disgusting and I hope his business suffers accordingly.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

CMSgt_Bo may be terrible with the way he moderates, randomly deletes posts and never offers an explanation, but on the surface, it looks like both he and Vail have no involvement in this other than to be used by Tsung Chi.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody