We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Edit: archived PDF here thanks to watchpalooza: https://docdro.id/TUvtBwV

Edit3: back up on here: https://lexic.co/deepdweller/exposing-g ... as-caddell

I saw this on Reddit this morning and it's an extremely interesting read. Basically Ginault is a side company who also produces counterfeit watches. WUS and Ginault have had very fishy connections in the past, and the posts about this on WUS always get deleted nearly instantly.

https://deepdweller.home.blog/2019/07/0 ... egal-past/

What I find extremely interesting is his research about the wus moderators. They are SUPER sketchy just like we've seen in the past and when many of us were banned in December!

Last edited by AndroidIsAwesome on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

I dug deeper and found this article from 2 years ago even

https://wristwatchreview.com/2017/03/22 ... g-on-here/
andysm

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by andysm »

Thank you for the post. I found the articles very interesting. Interesting enough for me to shy away. As WUS deleting posts they don't agree with, it happens all the time. There is not freedom of speech on most sights. I have been reprimanded for a private message once at Timezone. Not too private huh?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Ho. Lee. Crap.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

ManOnTime wrote:Ho. Lee. Crap.
I KNOW IT BLEW MY MIND!

Can we like pin this on the website somewhere so more can see it lol? Like all of our suspicions of wus ended up being true!
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Here's the Reddit discussion too:

The OP is now perma banned on wus as of this morning
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Would’t be surprised if WUS is a secret partner tho this illegal ring. Shady stuff.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ozzy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:33 am Would’t be surprised if WUS is a secret partner tho this illegal ring. Shady stuff.
I'm hesitant to levy accusations without evidence, but it seems like a certain staff member has some 'splainin to do.

(This also puts my interest in Nth on the back-burner.)

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
borgil
MoT Member

Post by borgil »

ManOnTime wrote:
ozzy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:33 am Would’t be surprised if WUS is a secret partner tho this illegal ring. Shady stuff.
I'm hesitant to levy accusations without evidence, but it seems like a certain staff member has some 'splainin to do.

(This also puts my interest in Nth on the back-burner.)
The investigation is tremendous but that Wyoming filing looks very suspicious.
Why would people use forum handles to register a business? (I am even surprised it was accepted)

Doc Vail has already responded both in the blog post comments and on Reddit.

Anyway, it will be very interesting to see what the consequences are.

Thanks for posting AndroidIsAwesome!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.

If Chris Vail and Bo genuinely have no connection, then it is another layer of fraud perpetrated by whomever Tsung Chi is.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

I’m also suspicious about the addition of two members of WUS but simply by their forum handle,is that even legal?

I felt WUS has been changing a lot since Ernie left,but I don’t want to start pointing fingers at those two as they might just be the victim where their forum handle have been misused by the TC guy...
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

That Deepdweller did a hell of a research job. Kudos to him.

And thanks, Android.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

"I've been in touch with legal counsel. There will be a cease & desist letter sent to the blog's author"

That's a dick move in my opinion if he's serious. Not a fan of NTH now even if he wasn't part of it.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

If WUS deletes that post again, that raises some serious alarm bells. I'm reposting it here just in case.
docvail at WUS wrote:My understanding is that Ginault is no longer a forum sponsor, and as such, no longer enjoys protection from criticisms.

In the hopes I can figure out what I said which led to my posts removal, I'll try to re-phrase, and keep things as dry as possible.

1. First and foremost, I have nothing to do with TC/Ginault. My name was used fraudulently. It was digitally signed, obviously, not with my actual signature. I had no knowledge of this before today. The residence and PO box addresses used for me were old. I stopped using them 2 years before that 2018 filing. I have a past career as a business owner and licensed financial advisor, so my various home and office addresses of the past are matters of public record, unfortunately.

2. The blog author never contacted me for comment before posting his article, in which he states, unequivocally, that I'm involved.

3. He posted his article anonymously.

4. He also posted links to it here, and on Reddit, and who knows where else - anonymously.

5. I've asked, in the comments under the blog post, and here, for the author to edit the article, adding a very clear disclaimer that the connection between me and TC/Ginault is ALLEGED, and that I've denied any involvement, which I do, publicly, and vehemently.

6. I've been in touch with legal counsel. There will be a cease & desist letter sent to the blog's author, and we'll be contacting the state of WY to have the record corrected, or the filing voided.

Journalistic integrity would demand that he contact me before besmirching me and my business as he has. That he didn't do that, I'm willing to call a rookie mistake, if a bold retraction is posted, and the article is appropriately edited.

If that doesn't happen, then I hope anyone/everyone can see that the article was intended to not just damage Ginault, but also me and my business, for reasons we can only imagine.

Bottom line - I don't want any more to do with this Ginault mess than I did two years ago, when I did my best to gracefully back out of this $hlt-show, and wished them well in their business. I have nothing to do with TC/Ginault. My name was used fraudulently.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT