We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
squincher
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by squincher »

While I'm certain Bo had no involvement, I'm getting a big kick out of this happening to him. Karma was overdue to give him a big kick in the behind.
barutanseijin

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by barutanseijin »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm CMSgt_Bo may be terrible with the way he moderates, randomly deletes posts and never offers an explanation, but on the surface, it looks like both he and Vail have no involvement in this other than to be used by Tsung Chi.
On the surface, we have a document linking the three and some denials from Vail and Bokkean.

I wouldn’t trust any of them 100%. Vail is trying to sell watches and he obviously doesn’t want his name to be associated with a faker. Bokkean doesn’t want to be either. The other guy has lied to sell watches.

All three are connected in that they have used WUS as a platform to shill watches.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I generally don't spend any amount of time on Reddit's watch sub-forum. But I noticed that deepdweller, the author of the Ginault-TC exposé, has started a new thread there and has been commenting a bit about his write-up, his motivations for it, and the response to it.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Ginault responded to the claims here on WUS https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/class ... st49304347

Things are getting spicy in that discussion [emoji16]

I find it hilarious that people there are still supporting Ginault and Ginault themselves still deny it.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

Ginault denying the claim is like a politician saying he’s an honest man...so far the evidence suggests ginault is related to the fake industry

I think TC use Brad and Vail’s name as WUS is still the biggest watch forum and they have the means to shutdown whoever tried to expose his shady dealings....

Maybe I should make and market Rodeks submarine and be a sponsor on WUS [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Why does Doc Vail get to use WUS as promotion device for his business?

Double standard, mention MOT in a PM you get banned, run your business on their site no problem.

5. No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns, commercial ventures, businesses, or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by WatchUSeek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact an Administrator, Moderator at Large, or a forum Moderator.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:12 pm
Yes they definitely are. It seems that many of the adults have left that thread and the discussion is spiraling downward. I've been watching for deleted posts and so far it seems only the ones with links to the article have been removed. Bo is surprisingly hands-off with this one so far but I still think the thread will probably be locked eventually.

For those interested, Deepdweller has added an update from very early today at the end of his post. You'll find it pretty much all the way down at the end of the document.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

This thread reminds me of this:

KarlskronaWatch
Has thanked: 0

Post by KarlskronaWatch »

tjcdas wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:43 am Why does Doc Vail get to use WUS as promotion device for his business?

Double standard, mention MOT in a PM you get banned, run your business on their site no problem.

5. No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns, commercial ventures, businesses, or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by WatchUSeek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact an Administrator, Moderator at Large, or a forum Moderator.

I am assuming he is a paying Sponsor, right? One needs to be in order to promote their business. If he is not an official Sponsor, he would have needed to cut a deal with the "moderators" there.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

KarlskronaWatch wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:14 pm
tjcdas wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:43 am Why does Doc Vail get to use WUS as promotion device for his business?

I am assuming he is a paying Sponsor, right? One needs to be in order to promote their business.
I would guess the same. Here you can find UncleSeiko talking about that sort of thing.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/33-off-top ... ators.html
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

According to this post, he isn't a forum sponsor. (Embelishment mine.)

docvail on WUS wrote:Before this gets out of hand, my assumption is that the links to the article were removed because the article mentions a forum moderator.

I have no issue with that. I'd do the same.

I assume all posts quoting the post with the links would likewise be removed. Again, that makes sense.

It also seems the blogger's been banned from WUS. I honestly haven't even had enough time to read the article in full, to know if that was in response to something said about WUS in the article, or just because it mentions a forum moderator, so I can't say if that was a measured response or not.

My earlier post didn't quote the post with the link, as far as I can remember. I'm pretty sure I quoted a later post by the blog author.

This is why I don't understand why my post was removed. I don't know what rule it violated, and it doesn't seem to fall under the heading of doing the right thing for the forum and the moderator mentioned.

I don't have any connection to the moderator named, other than meeting him once or twice. We're connected on FB, but that's all. I haven't been a forum sponsor in years. I just run my business, no secret connections or anything like that.

I can't imagine the forum's ownership would be involved in some sort of fraud, nor can I understand why they'd try to cover it up. Likewise, I'd be shocked to learn anyone on the admin or mod team was involved. I don't think it's fair or even reasonable to jump to that conclusion.

My best guess is someone is acting swiftly in defense of the forum and the moderator named, and some posts got deleted like collateral damage.

My only hope is that I can at least defend my own name, anywhere this is being discussed, without being censored unjustly or banned.

Make of that what you will.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
squincher
MoT Member

Post by squincher »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 am
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:12 pm
Yes they definitely are. It seems that many of the adults have left that thread and the discussion is spiraling downward. I've been watching for deleted posts and so far it seems only the ones with links to the article have been removed. Bo is surprisingly hands-off with this one so far but I still think the thread will probably be locked eventually.

For those interested, Deepdweller has added an update from very early today at the end of his post. You'll find it pretty much all the way down at the end of the document.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Hands off? He's on the lam.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Thoughts:

1. Chi has multiple legal problems. Filing false documents. Counterfeiting. False impersonation. Wire fraud. All kinds of financial fraud from the false names, aliases, and addresses alone.

2. I don’t think Bo and Doc Vail are involved. It sounds like Chi being unbelievably sloppy with his fraud.

3. If WUS wants any credibility at all, Ginault needs to be banished in all forms and instances.

4. Deepdweller is the **** man.

5. God bless the smart people.

6. God bless the internet.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm According to this post, he isn't a forum sponsor. (Embelishment mine.)

Docvail isn't a sponsor on WUS, and has been put in his place a few times because of it. He's had his posts deleted where he tried to link to his website, because that is limited to sponsors. He also used to have links to his website in his signature, and his signature was deleted by the mods. That's why his current signature has the snarky picture of a hand-drawn watch.

I'm sure there is plenty of reason to think that he gets a softer ride from the mods than others, perhaps because he has at least been a sponsor in the past. But to believe he is involved with Ginault and/or this Rolex replica maker requires so much speculation, particularly when compared to the extraordinarily detailed proof the blogger offered in support of his accusations against TC. In fact, the contrast between the thorough evidence-gathering offered against TC and the throwaway speculative allegation against Docvail is, to my mind, all the more reason to be skeptical of the notion that Docvail has anything to do with Ginault.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

uvalaw2005 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:54 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm According to this post, he isn't a forum sponsor. (Embelishment mine.)

Docvail isn't a sponsor on WUS, and has been put in his place a few times because of it. He's had his posts deleted where he tried to link to his website, because that is limited to sponsors. He also used to have links to his website in his signature, and his signature was deleted by the mods. That's why his current signature has the snarky picture of a hand-drawn watch.

I'm sure there is plenty of reason to think that he gets a softer ride from the mods than others, perhaps because he has at least been a sponsor in the past. But to believe he is involved with Ginault and/or this Rolex replica maker requires so much speculation, particularly when compared to the extraordinarily detailed proof the blogger offered in support of his accusations against TC. In fact, the contrast between the thorough evidence-gathering offered against TC and the throwaway speculative allegation against Docvail is, to my mind, all the more reason to be skeptical of the notion that Docvail has anything to do with Ginault.
Oh I agree with you. So far it looks as if he's a victim here, not a co-conspirator.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody