We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Silly question (?) to move the discussion sideways a bit:

Possible fraud aside, has anyone an opinion on whether Ginault watches have any quality?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by Robotaz »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:Silly question (?) to move the discussion sideways a bit:

Possible fraud aside, has anyone an opinion on whether Ginault watches have any quality?
No. I can’t stand Rolex, so the last thing I give a crap about is a fake one. They always sounded like hype to me, hence the post about confirming it has gold sand in the lume. Just cheesy as hell if you ask me.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

One of the main things that gave me pause about Ginault before all this broke out was their claims about a US made movement.

As many watch companies that out there, not even counting those in the affordable tier, yet Ginault is the one who figures out how to manufacture an ETA clone domestically?

Uh....
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

So I just type Ginault into Youtube to see if there is anything going on there. And the only video about the whole fiasco is from this John McManus guy. Isn't this the same guy who has run his own scams in the past. :lol: I didn't even watch the video and I'm not so sure I will. I think its just a recap of the deepdweller expose. I don't think I want to link the guy's channel either but it's on there for whoever is interested.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/mcman ... 34767.html

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php? ... ey-re-back!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:So I just type Ginault into Youtube to see if there is anything going on there. And the only video about the whole fiasco is from this John McManus guy. Isn't this the same guy who has run his own scams in the past. [emoji38] I didn't even watch the video and I'm not so sure I will. I think its just a recap of the deepdweller expose. I don't think I want to link the guy's channel either but it's on there for whoever is interested.

I had forgotten about McAnus. That was another great fiasco.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:02 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:Silly question (?) to move the discussion sideways a bit:

No. I can’t stand Rolex, so the last thing I give a crap about is a fake one. They always sounded like hype to me, hence the post about confirming it has gold sand in the lume. Just cheesy as hell if you ask me.
----
I think it was more like fairy dust.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:45 pm
yinzburgher wrote:So I just type Ginault into Youtube to see if there is anything going on there. And the only video about the whole fiasco is from this John McManus guy. Isn't this the same guy who has run his own scams in the past. [emoji38] I didn't even watch the video and I'm not so sure I will. I think its just a recap of the deepdweller expose. I don't think I want to link the guy's channel either but it's on there for whoever is interested.

I had forgotten about McAnus. That was another great fiasco.
:lol: I know, that's rich right? Johnny McAnus felt he was just the right guy to opine on the morality of a watch related scam. :roll: It makes sense that you would remember him, being a modder of all things Vostok and Seiko. At first I worried I could be singling out the wrong dude. Maybe some coincidence and these guys just share the same name and happen to be into watches. But you can see from my screenshot its the same old McAnus with the same ****-eating grin.
2019-07-05 (1).png
I was thinking about posting something about the video in the WUS Ginault Landfill Inferno Thread but I thought, "well Yinzburgher that's not very nice or helpful" but honestly the way its going over there it could only improve things. In a way I feel bad that not only have their watches been proven to be something other than what they thought, but now their thread has been invaded by **** people that are shaming them for it so they are getting so defensive. It's hard to believe the thread is still not locked. Aah well.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

For those that don't know about the whole "McAnus" fiasco, the watch was a $60 Amphibia with an exhibition back and bezel from Meranom that he simply swapped a dial and Chinese bracelet on and claimed "Made in Ireland"

I figured I would share a couple of gems from his kickstarter campaign.

"Some of the best watches in the world such as; Blancpain, Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, all have something in common, the original watchmakers name is on the dial. Personally I like this, as it means that watchmaker was proud of his work and signed it after. Anyone can think up a random name and print it on the dial, but it isn't the same as a watchmaker signing it and being proud of his work. My name is McManus, so my watches have my name on the dial; simple as that. The model name; Amphibia came from the vintage 1960's tonneau dive watches that inspired this one. So I thought the McManus Amphibia made sense. "

And

"The Russian made 31 jewel movement in the McManus Amphibia has more jewels than excellent ETA and Sellita Swiss movements fitted to more expensive watches. When it comes to automatic movements, the more jewels the better. You are getting the same number of 31 jewels as a Rolex Submariner."

ImageImageImage

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:39 pm
"Some of the best watches in the world such as; Blancpain, Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, all have something in common, the original watchmakers name is on the dial. Personally I like this, as it means that watchmaker was proud of his work and signed it after. Anyone can think up a random name and print it on the dial, but it isn't the same as a watchmaker signing it and being proud of his work. My name is McManus, so my watches have my name on the dial; simple as that.
--------

Some people have no shame.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:
"Some of the best watches in the world such as; Blancpain, Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, all have something in common, the original watchmakers name is on the dial. Personally I like this, as it means that watchmaker was proud of his work and signed it after. Anyone can think up a random name and print it on the dial, but it isn't the same as a watchmaker signing it and being proud of his work. My name is McManus, so my watches have my name on the dial; simple as that.
--------

He may or may not have also been charged with pimping. Seriously. Lol. This guy.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:57 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:
--------

He may or may not have also been charged with pimping. Seriously. Lol. This guy.
Quite the character. I started recalling more of these stories when I saw them calling him the sperminator in the TimeZone posts.
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2014/07/06 ... organiser/
https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-ca ... rnet-16046
https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/j ... 45941.html

And this was the logo that one of the TZ guys created for his watches.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I had no idea about this McAnus guy. But what a guy he seems to be.
How much was here trying to sling those Vostoks for??

This whole Ginault thing is pretty entertaining and incredible btw. I don't think I've actually commented on it yet, but I feel the same as most others. There amount of research and time this guy did send incredible. I do agree that the inclusion of Vail and Bo is just really random and doesn't seem right.
Anyway, this has been pretty entertaining

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Not sure if it’s been asked yet, but is there any connection between all of this and “Tiger Concept” homages?

The whole TC thing lines up but the price point / quality doesn’t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deepdweller
Has thanked: 0

Post by Deepdweller »

Hey guys!

I appreciate you all reading my exposé. It's not short, I know. I'm going to respond to your comments later.

I have a problem. Someone is flooding Google to bury my write-up.

Here's some screengrabs:

As you can see, it's all spammy irrelevant results, and when clicked, the page doesn't even have Ginault written anywhere.

Obviously, my exposé is something Tsung Chi doesn't want out there and someone is trying to bury it on Google via hostile SEO tactics. Even the exact lexic.co url to my exposé doesn't show up on Google.

You can personally verify it by searching for "Ginault", with quotes, and filtering the results for the past 24 hours.

And here are the results archived:
https://archive.is/IjU6M
https://archive.is/UoEm7

Here's another thing that's fishy. Ginault's thread on WUS.

At times the thread would lock up. The last post on the thread's timestamp would show a certain timestamp inside the thread, but when you view the thread on the sub-forum where it's listed, you'll see the actual timestamp of the last post.

It's possible that the replies are being filtered and manually approved.

Here's a sample from yesterday:

Those screengrabs were taken seconds apart and immediately after refreshing the pages.
As you can see, inside the thread it says "3 hours ago", but in the sub-forum where it's listed, it shows "5 hours ago".

If anyone of you guys could relay this on the WUS thread, that'd be great.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Deepdweller wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:47 pm Hey guys!

I appreciate you all reading my exposé. It's not short, I know. I'm going to respond to your comments later.

I have a problem. Someone is flooding Google to bury my write-up.

Here's some screengrabs:

As you can see, it's all spammy irrelevant results, and when clicked, the page doesn't even have Ginault written anywhere.

Obviously, my exposé is something Tsung Chi doesn't want out there and someone is trying to bury it on Google via hostile SEO tactics. Even the exact lexic.co url to my exposé doesn't show up on Google.

You can personally verify it by searching for "Ginault", with quotes, and filtering the results for the past 24 hours.

And here are the results archived:
https://archive.is/IjU6M
https://archive.is/UoEm7

Here's another thing that's fishy. Ginault's thread on WUS.

At times the thread would lock up. The last post on the thread's timestamp would show a certain timestamp inside the thread, but when you view the thread on the sub-forum where it's listed, you'll see the actual timestamp of the last post.

It's possible that the replies are being filtered and manually approved.

Here's a sample from yesterday:

Those screengrabs were taken seconds apart and immediately after refreshing the pages.
As you can see, inside the thread it says "3 hours ago", but in the sub-forum where it's listed, it shows "5 hours ago".

If anyone of you guys could relay this on the WUS thread, that'd be great.
Glad to see you stop in and comment. I'm seeing similar results in Google. Even when I google "deepdweller lies and deceit: exposing tsung chi, thomas caddell, and ginault’s illegal past" and scroll through a few pages of results, I still don't find the Lexic post. It's only when I add the term Lexic to that search that search that the Reddit articles shows up first and your lexic home page comes up second. The URL for the actual article does not seem to come up as a search result at all.

While I think it's absolutely fine to mention in the WatchUSeek thread that that the search results of the article have been altered, I would actually advise our member here of 2 things. 1) I don't think it is a great idea to link to the article in that WUS thread. Your posts WILL get deleted and you will risk getting your account banned. 2) I don't think it is a great idea to link to or mention this forum in that thread. That will likely also get your post deleted and risk getting your account suspended. This has happened in the past and I'm sure [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] is knowledgeable about this than I am. But also I'm concerned that WUS forum moderators and administrators, with a history of not operating in good faith, could attempt to cause problems for our forum here. This is not a place I want them having any influence over. As far as the time discrepancies, I am not seeing them at the moment. Also, I've casually kept an eye on that WUS thread and weighed in occasionally, and from what I can tell they have really only been deleting posts that link to your article.