MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on and accept donations to keep the lights on. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

Best TV Show

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
TheJohnP
Has liked: 549 times
Been liked: 322 times

Re: Best TV Show

Post by TheJohnP » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 am

cel4145 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am

FYI: Pratchett was publishing before Adams, so Pratchett was more likely Adams's influence. Although Adams got his start writing scripts for Monty Python, and then later scripts for Doctor Who and The Hitchhiker's Guide radio series (before the novel). So Adams's style of humor might only be Monty Python influenced. :D
Very familiar with both. :)
Met Douglas at a book signing once.
Sadly never had the opportunity to meet Terry.
These users liked the author TheJohnP for the post (total 2):
cel4145Dub Rubb
I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.
Sporkboy
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 214 times

Re: Best TV Show

Post by Sporkboy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:23 am

cel4145 wrote:
TheJohnP wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:18 am
Sporkboy wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am
On the last episode of Good Omens on Prime. From the opening credits the work of Douglas Adams came to mind. If you are a fan of his work, you should check this out. Sadly Adams is no longer with us, but it is nice to see some of his style pass onto other writers.

Waiting until my large flatscreen gets back from the shop before watching this one.

And sadly, Terry Pratchett, who cowrote the book, also passed several years ago. Love his Discworld series.
FYI: Pratchett was publishing before Adams, so Pratchett was more likely Adams's influence. Although Adams got his start writing scripts for Monty Python, and then later scripts for Doctor Who and The Hitchhiker's Guide radio series (before the novel). So Adams's style of humor might only be Monty Python influenced. :D
That is fair enough. I am not familiar with Pratchett or Gaiman, so it looks like I have some catching up to do. I have read most of Adams though with The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul being my favorite. Any book recommendations as to where I should start?
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post:
Dub Rubb