MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on two methods lights on. One is a referral generator that creates (mostly) unobtrusive links. This depends on the site being whitelisted in any ad-blocking software you use. If you could please whitelist this site, we would be ever thankful. (We promise there are no pop-ups, pop-unders or other annoying distractions.)

The other method is donations from members and visitors. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

Thank you!

What podcasts are you listening to?

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
four20
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

What podcasts are you listening to?

Post by four20 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:37 am

I'm always looking for new ones. Bonus points for good serial fiction

Some of the daily/weekly shows I listen to-

The Tony Kornheiser Show
The Gist with Mike Pesca
Here's The Thing with Alec Baldwin
Black On The Air with Larry Wilmore
Marc Maron's WTF
Stay Tuned with Preet Bharara

Some fiction I've enjoyed-

Steal The Stars
The Bright Sessions
The Hyacinth Disaster
The Truth
Tumanbay

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users liked the author four20 for the post:
peskydonut
Robotaz
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 771 times

Re: What podcasts are you listening to?

Post by Robotaz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:16 am

^^^ Do any of those daily ones stay out of politics? It seems these days nobody can resist, and it kills it for me.

I watch Joe Rogan on YouTube at work. Some episodes are great. Others, really boring.

@robotazky
four20

Post by four20 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:02 am

Robotaz wrote:^^^ Do any of those daily ones stay out of politics? It seems these days nobody can resist, and it kills it for me.

I watch Joe Rogan on YouTube at work. Some episodes are great. Others, really boring.

@robotazky
Maron is probably the least political . Depends on the guest. Kornheiser does delve into politics occasionally but it's very respectful discussion and middle of the road. I grew up outside of DC with a father in the press and a politically active mother, so you could call me a glutton for punishment

Boourns
Has liked: 531 times
Been liked: 934 times

Post by Boourns » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 am

I have a pretty long commute so I'm always looking for podcasts. Some I like:
  • Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - if you're a history nerd you'll love it. Not political at all. Each episode is like 4 hours long.
  • Radiolab - 100+ episodes that teaches a theme each episode. Super interesting stories.
  • More Perfect - Radiolab's spinoff on the Supreme Court. If you're interested in the law/Supreme Court at all I highly recommend this one. It can touch on politics but only as it's relevant to the story/case. For instance the show on the 2d Amendment talks about the history of the NRA but not any commentary on present day.
  • In the Dark - only heard season 2 about a guy who's been tried for murder 6 times. Fascinating. Certainly the host believes this is an Injustice but it's not political.
  • Slow Burn - season 1 is about Nixon's impeachment and 2 is Clinton's. Obviously political but again in historical context. No doubt season 1 draws similarities to current day. Season 2 is more about how **** everyone on both sides was.
  • It Seemed Smart - this is a kind of silly one hosted by Spencer Hall of Everyday Should be Saturday. If you like college football you might know him. This pod is about crazy ways people cheat in sports. There's only about 6 episodes but it's pretty entertaining and not political at all.
Last edited by Boourns on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
four20

Post by four20 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:57 am

I've been listening to Radiolab for years. My father did some work with Robert Krulwich on a few Nightline shows back in the 90s (Krulwich is a bit prickly and would only work with my dad lol). More Perfect is a great listen, too. Jad is a great producer

peskydonut
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by peskydonut » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:04 pm

four20 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:37 am
Bonus points for good serial fiction Image
I enjoyed Alice Isn't Dead from Joseph Fink of Welcome to Night Vale (another fun podcast).
cortman
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 280 times

Post by cortman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am

I'll just drop one recommendation in here, The Beef and Dairy Network Podcast. It's incredibly dry and absurd humor, and is a kind of parody show that never breaks character. It's by far my favorite, and not terribly well known I think.
Edit: just discovered the show has a Wikipedia pagenow. It's a better description of it than I can give. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_And_ ... rk_Podcast
Spirit of the Watch
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Spirit of the Watch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:53 pm

cortman wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am
I'll just drop one recommendation in here, The Beef and Dairy Network Podcast. It's incredibly dry and absurd humor, and is a kind of parody show that never breaks character. It's by far my favorite, and not terribly well known I think.
Edit: just discovered the show has a Wikipedia pagenow. It's a better description of it than I can give. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_And_ ... rk_Podcast
Sounds interesting is it on iHeart or Amazon Music?
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
cortman
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 280 times

Post by cortman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Spirit of the Watch wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:53 pm
cortman wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am
Sounds interesting is it on iHeart or Amazon Music?
Don't know about either of those places, I just get it through the website or Pocket Casts on Android.
tommy_boy
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 230 times

Post by tommy_boy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:47 pm

"Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" at the moment.
These users liked the author tommy_boy for the post:
ManOnTime
Just my $0.02 USD as always.