We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What music are you listening to?

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Sussa
MoT Member

Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by Sussa »

Spotify is good for a little nostalgia. I'm flashing back to high school when I spent way too much time transferring CDs to tape because my first car (1986 Chevy Celebrity - same car my grandparents had at the time!) only had a cassette player.

BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

Mountain Goats and AJJ (formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad).

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

What can I say? I'm stuck in the past with my music.

You told me to go up the block to get you a strawberry pop... Hilarious

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Agree with [mention]Sussa[/mention] that Spotify is great for nostalgia (I remember making mixtapes for friends!). Oddly, a bunch of older songs I have been listening to are about awful topics:

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

I still cannot believe "Every Breath You Take" was at some point a popular wedding song. But then, it seems some people didn't realize Rage Against the Machine is political until recently so I guess we're not always good at listening to the lyrics.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sussa wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:40 am I still cannot believe "Every Breath You Take" was at some point a popular wedding song. But then, it seems some people didn't realize Rage Against the Machine is political until recently so I guess we're not always good at listening to the lyrics.

That blows my mind.

There was a pretty good period of my teenage years in the '90s when I was really into them because I understood that.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Some pretty strong '80s vibes with these modern groups, and that's not a bad thing.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm
Sussa wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:40 am I still cannot believe "Every Breath You Take" was at some point a popular wedding song. But then, it seems some people didn't realize Rage Against the Machine is political until recently so I guess we're not always good at listening to the lyrics.

That blows my mind.

There was a pretty good period of my teenage years in the '90s when I was really into them because I understood that.
Yeah,wtf? One of my favorite bands when I was younger. Tom Morello's show on sirius is good too. I mean Rage Against The Machine?! Also, what else can this cover mean?

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:56 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm

That blows my mind.

Yeah,wtf? One of my favorite bands when I was younger. Tom Morello's show on sirius is good too. I mean Rage Against The Machine?! Also, what else can this cover mean?

YES!

I love that he plays a bit of everything on it, and I get a kick out his 96 year old mother.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Pandora, "Cantoma Radio".

Deep House. Sometimes chillin' is called for.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

tommy_boy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:04 pm Pandora, "Cantoma Radio".

Deep House. Sometimes chillin' is called for.
"Chill" channel 53 on SiriusXM is a regular late night/early morning station.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

It's not every night that you just happen to be out for a walk and stumble on a Cypress Hill show. I didn't know what I was walking towards but recognized the sound and smell as I got closer. I found a spot to sit outside the venue and really far back from the stage. The pic is zoomed in 8x. It sounded good so I sat and enjoyed it for a while before I got moving again.

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

yinzburgher wrote:It's not every night that you just happen to be out for a walk and stumble on a Cypress Hill show. I didn't know what I was walking towards but recognized the sound and smell as I got closer. I found a spot to sit outside the venue and really far back from the stage. The pic is zoomed in 8x. It sounded good so I sat and enjoyed it for a while before I got moving again.

FTFY...

It sounded good so I sat [strikethrough]and enjoyed it[/strikethrough] nearby and let the smoke cloud waft over me for a while before I got moving again.
cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

Farm Aid 2020 will be a virtual event and starts tonight, 9/26, at 7pm Central. You can stream it on Farm Aid's youtube page and in a few other locations.

I am not a fan of modern pop country but this lineup as a little bit for everyone.

I went to Farm Aid 2019 as it was held here in Wisconsin and had a fantastic time.

Below is a link to information about Farm Aid 2020, and a list of those artists who will be performing.

https://www.farmaid.org/festival/about-the-festival/

Willie Nelson and The Boys, John Mellencamp, Neil Young, and Dave Matthews, as well as Black Pumas, Bonnie Raitt and Boz Scaggs, Edie Brickell with Charlie Sexton, Brandi Carlile, Chris Stapleton, Jack Johnson, Jamey Johnson, Jon Batiste, Kelsey Waldon, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Margo Price, Nathaniel Rateliff, Norah Jones, Particle Kid, The Record Company, Valerie June, and The War And Treaty, with more artists to be added.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Cleaning out years of accumulated crap brought over from the old house, guzzling coffee, and listening to The Black Keys to keep the spirits up.

Living a comeback montage.