We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What music are you listening to?

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
cortman
MoT Member

Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by cortman »

Posted this on Discord, thought it bore mention here too. The Western AF channel is a goldmine for fans of the folk/western genre.

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

A great NPR Tiny Desk concert from one of my favorite artists, Aimee Mann. I've lost count of how many times I've seen her live, and it's a solid show every time. Her songs are usually sad (one in this set is "You Never Loved Me"), but she captures it beautifully and honestly.

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Sussa wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:56 pm A great NPR Tiny Desk concert from one of my favorite artists, Aimee Mann. I've lost count of how many times I've seen her live, and it's a solid show every time. Her songs are usually sad (one in this set is "You Never Loved Me"), but she captures it beautifully and honestly.

Thanks for this. Aimee is and always will be one of my favorite singer-songwriters.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sussa wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:56 pm A great NPR Tiny Desk concert from one of my favorite artists, Aimee Mann. I've lost count of how many times I've seen her live, and it's a solid show every time. Her songs are usually sad (one in this set is "You Never Loved Me"), but she captures it beautifully and honestly.

I am musically sheltered and only knew of Amiee Man from Rush's Time Stand Still...and I never knew what she looked until a few years ago when watching Rush videos on youtube. I don't recall ever seeing a Rush video "back in the day." Thanks for the link. Good stuff!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Yep, Aimee Mann is fantastic!! Her hubby, Michael Penn, is also very good. It seems he's been off the scene for a long while though...
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Tis the season. Too bad I can't finds a better copy of the video.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Me, in my teens/20's: This radio station is playing my jam!

Me, in my 30's: This bar is playing my jam!

Me now: This grocery store is playing my jam.

OK, I saw that a week ago and laughed. Then my son and I were in the grocery store and "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles came on. My son said, "I like this song. I like this a lot." I told him it is because he likes 80's music and that was the Bangles. He said, "The Bagels?" I corrected him as we stopped at the meat section. Then he said sort of loud, "Is this song your jam, Daddy?" Then louder, "This song IS your jam, isn't it Daddy!!!" And I'm just stuttering as people look at me, "No No...I mean, I like the Bangles, sure, but I wouldn't say that this is my jam." Then, having never heard this song, he was like a shark with blood in the water. He lied and said, "Sure Daddy. You listen to this in your truck all the time." :?

We've been cool since then, but I can't get over this!
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm Then my son and I were in the grocery store and "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles came on.
This tells me you only shop in the coolest grocery stores.

By the way - if that song is your jam, I recommend checking out Suzanna Hoffs' solo acoustic version from the Lilith Fair live album. Strips away the cheesy '80s vibe.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm Me, in my teens/20's: This radio station is playing my jam!

Me, in my 30's: This bar is playing my jam!

Me now: This grocery store is playing my jam.

OK, I saw that a week ago and laughed. Then my son and I were in the grocery store and "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles came on. My son said, "I like this song. I like this a lot." I told him it is because he likes 80's music and that was the Bangles. He said, "The Bagels?" I corrected him as we stopped at the meat section. Then he said sort of loud, "Is this song your jam, Daddy?" Then louder, "This song IS your jam, isn't it Daddy!!!" And I'm just stuttering as people look at me, "No No...I mean, I like the Bangles, sure, but I wouldn't say that this is my jam." Then, having never heard this song, he was like a shark with blood in the water. He lied and said, "Sure Daddy. You listen to this in your truck all the time." :?

We've been cool since then, but I can't get over this!
The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks. :)

It's okay, [mention]Split-Time[/mention], no shame, no judgment here!

This was more of my Bangles jam: No shame...it doesn't even make it to my "Guilty Pleasure" playlist on Spotify. :)
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Nevermind. A bit of precautionary selfcensoring.
Living a comeback montage.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sussa wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:56 am
Split-Time wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm Then my son and I were in the grocery store and "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles came on.
This tells me you only shop in the coolest grocery stores.

By the way - if that song is your jam, I recommend checking out Suzanna Hoffs' solo acoustic version from the Lilith Fair live album. Strips away the cheesy '80s vibe.
Don't know how cool it is, but I mainly shop at the grocery store that I can see from my driveway :?

Wait a second...you aren't falling for the little runt, are you? NOT MY JAM :lol: !

I finally checked out the acoustic version. Even I will have to admit that it is a really nice song.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

This song can not be turned up loud enough. One of my favorite VH songs.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Scrolling through Youtube videos and I came across a song I haven't heard in decades. So I'll share it with you because I'm nice like that. lol

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

COVID quarantine / travel restriction has me thinking a lot about this music video

Scruffy believes in this forum