We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What music are you listening to?

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Rocat
MoT Member

Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by Rocat »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:08 am
Rocat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:44 am Rick James Girl band, The Mary Jane Girls. This was on the radio as I drive my son to school. Brought back memories of High School parties.

Awesome tune.

What a throwback. I can't remember the last time I heard that.

You are welcome Sir. ;)
I aim to please with my music selections.

Thanks to Youtube's automatic suggestions, after I found that video this morning, I ended up going down a rabbit hole of old songs from Jody Watley and Pebbles. Unfortunately I've had "In my house", "Girlfriend", and "Mercedes Boy" stuck in my head all day. lol

For those of you like myself, as a kid of the 1980's I will assume you watch "The Goldbergs" on ABC. I watched this video again and now all I can see is Beverly Goldberg in this video. For the record I think "The Goldberg's" is one of the funniest shows ever.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

pdsf wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:46 am
Split-Time wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm Me, in my teens/20's: This radio station is playing my jam!

Me, in my 30's: This bar is playing my jam!

Me now: This grocery store is playing my jam.

OK, I saw that a week ago and laughed. Then my son and I were in the grocery store and "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles came on. My son said, "I like this song. I like this a lot." I told him it is because he likes 80's music and that was the Bangles. He said, "The Bagels?" I corrected him as we stopped at the meat section. Then he said sort of loud, "Is this song your jam, Daddy?" Then louder, "This song IS your jam, isn't it Daddy!!!" And I'm just stuttering as people look at me, "No No...I mean, I like the Bangles, sure, but I wouldn't say that this is my jam." Then, having never heard this song, he was like a shark with blood in the water. He lied and said, "Sure Daddy. You listen to this in your truck all the time." :?

We've been cool since then, but I can't get over this!
The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks. :)

It's okay, @Split-Time, no shame, no judgment here!

This was more of my Bangles jam: No shame...it doesn't even make it to my "Guilty Pleasure" playlist on Spotify. :)
Scrolling through old posts. This is on the Less Than Zero soundtrack which is excellent in my opinion.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Here's another song which most of you probably haven't heard in a while. I am not going through all the posts in this thread so I may have posted it sometime back. If I did, oh well. lol

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

And another rock tune for the memories. I may be stuck in the 80's for music. But it's better than most other decades. Period.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Followed by the Power Ballad.

Last edited by Rocat on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Often overlooked Queensryche.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

On a side note does anyone else remember High School and "camping out" for concert tickets of your favorite rock band? That way you'd be sure to get the best seats as soon as the ticket booth would open. I admit I did that a few times over the four years of High School.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Spiraling down Youtube and 80's rock videos. I forgot about these guys.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Rocat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 pm Spiraling down Youtube and 80's rock videos. I forgot about these guys.

I loved the fact that Sebastian Bach was a recurring character on Gilmore Girls.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Rocat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 pm On a side note does anyone else remember High School and "camping out" for concert tickets of your favorite rock band? That way you'd be sure to get the best seats as soon as the ticket booth would open. I admit I did that a few times over the four years of High School.
No camping out for me, but in college I became acquainted with a guy who worked at the local record store/Ticketmaster agent. He would snag a couple tickets to hot shows as soon as they went on sale.

A few years later, my one attempt at getting Tom Waits tickets (bucket list goal, and at the Ryman no less) on my own was a total bust. I was on dial-up internet while the rest of the world was on DSL. I didn't stand a chance. Maybe I should have camped out.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Sussa wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:35 am
Rocat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 pm On a side note does anyone else remember High School and "camping out" for concert tickets of your favorite rock band? That way you'd be sure to get the best seats as soon as the ticket booth would open. I admit I did that a few times over the four years of High School.
No camping out for me, but in college I became acquainted with a guy who worked at the local record store/Ticketmaster agent. He would snag a couple tickets to hot shows as soon as they went on sale.

A few years later, my one attempt at getting Tom Waits tickets (bucket list goal, and at the Ryman no less) on my own was a total bust. I was on dial-up internet while the rest of the world was on DSL. I didn't stand a chance. Maybe I should have camped out.

My take away from this is that your friend was Mike Damone.
mikedamone_5pointplan.jpg

Best lines ever from the movie.

First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. Oh, Debbie. Hi. Two, you always call the shots. Kiss me. You won't regret it. Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. Isn't this great? Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice. And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:32 pm
Eric Burdon is one of the great "voice doesn't match the face" singers.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Now I have to watch the movie this weekend.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach...
all the damn vampires.