We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Reselling concert tickets online

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Reselling concert tickets online

Post by peskydonut »

Can someone offer advice on reselling concert tickets online?

I bought 2 tickets to a show that I won't be able to attend. These are digital tickets which will be sent out 2wks prior to the show. The concert is on March 14th, so I should have the tickets "in hand" around March 1st. While I've sold watches on eBay, I don't have any experience selling what is effectively a digital good online.

- Where to sell them? Stubhub, eBay, Craigslist? Somewhere else?
- Can I sell the tickets now or do I need to wait until they're issued?
- How can I minimize my chances of getting scammed?
- Anything else I should be aware of?

I'm not interested in making a profit, just recoup my cost.

(Please move this thread if there's a better place for it)
Living a comeback montage.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Reselling concert tickets online

Post by TheJohnP »

peskydonut wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 pm Can someone offer advice on reselling concert tickets online?

I bought 2 tickets to a show that I won't be able to attend. These are digital tickets which will be sent out 2wks prior to the show. The concert is on March 14th, so I should have the tickets "in hand" around March 1st. While I've sold watches on eBay, I don't have any experience selling what is effectively a digital good online.

StubHub.

I sold a couple of tickets through them and it was easy to use and a fairly simple process. They take a percentage of the sale (buyer and seller sides, if not mistaken). You can have funds go to a PayPal account for instance. Payments seemed to be quick from what I recall.

If you are getting etix, you will need to wait until you have them in your inbox before you list them. Because you will need to either- upload a PDF, scan or enter in a barcode, or even a photo, depending on how the tix are set up. You may need to confirm some details (seat #, row, etc), but depending on your seat locations they will suggest a price for you based on average. You can manually set the price lower or higher if you like.

Having instant access to tix will make it easier to sell.

You may want to read up on their buyer and seller protections, but had 0 issues from the couple of times I used them.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Reselling concert tickets online

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:40 pm
peskydonut wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 pm Can someone offer advice on reselling concert tickets online?

StubHub.

I sold a couple of tickets through them and it was easy to use and a fairly simple process. They take a percentage of the sale (buyer and seller sides, if not mistaken). You can have funds go to a PayPal account for instance. Payments seemed to be quick from what I recall.

If you are getting etix, you will need to wait until you have them in your inbox before you list them. Because you will need to either- upload a PDF, scan or enter in a barcode, or even a photo, depending on how the tix are set up. You may need to confirm some details (seat #, row, etc), but depending on your seat locations they will suggest a price for you based on average. You can manually set the price lower or higher if you like.

Having instant access to tix will make it easier to sell.

You may want to read up on their buyer and seller protections, but had 0 issues from the couple of times I used them.
Awesome! Thanks for the insight. Will likely go that route.
Living a comeback montage.