We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Best TV Show

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Rocat
MoT Member

Re: Best TV Show

Post by Rocat »

cel4145 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am
Rocat wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:56 am To me, the old shows I grew up with bring back happy memories. These are a couple of my favorites. That's right. I liked CHiPs. lol

I've been watching the old (the best) Magnum P.I. on Roku for the past few days. As a kid I thought he was the coolest dude. As a 51 year old married dude of 20 years with two kids, I would love to live that life now. lol

The new one isn't too bad as a stand alone show.

This is the well known theme because the first one used for the first few episodes was bad.

This was another show I grew up with. Who didn't want to be Ponch?

Did you have an Erik Estrada poster?

:D
Nope. ha-ha. I had this one on the wall.
farrah-fawcett-red-swimsuit-1.jpg
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Rocat wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:17 pm
cel4145 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am
Rocat wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:56 am To me, the old shows I grew up with bring back happy memories. These are a couple of my favorites. That's right. I liked CHiPs. lol

I've been watching the old (the best) Magnum P.I. on Roku for the past few days. As a kid I thought he was the coolest dude. As a 51 year old married dude of 20 years with two kids, I would love to live that life now. lol

The new one isn't too bad as a stand alone show.

This is the well known theme because the first one used for the first few episodes was bad.

This was another show I grew up with. Who didn't want to be Ponch?

Did you have an Erik Estrada poster?

Nope. ha-ha. I had this one on the wall.

farrah-fawcett-red-swimsuit-1.jpg
I held out for the Christie Brinkley poster

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

You guys must be rich to afford all these premium streaming services and cable channels. I have Prime but that’s it. No Mandalorian or Game of Thrones for me.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Elkins45 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:55 pm You guys must be rich to afford all these premium streaming services and cable channels. I have Prime but that’s it. No Mandalorian or Game of Thrones for me.
Stop buying watches and you could afford them.

Just joking.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I am looking forward to WandaVision's first two episodes this Friday. Then in 8 or 9 weeks it'll be Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Good I miss movies in the Theater. And the 2021 F1 Season can't start soon enough for me. Maybe Mercedes will drop Hamilton due to his demands. But that's for another thread. ;)
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Rocat wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 pm
Elkins45 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:55 pm You guys must be rich to afford all these premium streaming services and cable channels. I have Prime but that’s it. No Mandalorian or Game of Thrones for me.
Stop buying watches and you could afford them.

Just joking.
I did the pre-pay three years of Disney+ in September 2019. It worked out to like $4 a month.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I'm looking forward to WandaVision tomorrow morning.
Wandavision-trailer-750x400.jpg
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Ok, WandaVision's first two episodes were a bit if a walk down memory lane in terms of old tv shows. First was the Dick Van Dyke show and the next was Bewitched. It has some hints thrown in as to what may be happening.

I know for a fact my 15 year old son will not get any of the nods to the old shows and probably will not watch this series at all. He'll wait for Falcon and the Winter Solider.

Nothing else from me as I don't want to give anything away.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:58 am Ok, WandaVision's first two episodes were a bit if a walk down memory lane in terms of old tv shows. First was the Dick Van Dyke show and the next was Bewitched. It has some hints thrown in as to what may be happening.

I know for a fact my 15 year old son will not get any of the nods to the old shows and probably will not watch this series at all. He'll wait for Falcon and the Winter Solider.

I haven't watched the episodes (yet), but I already have a theory about what's happening based solely on the trailers I've seen. I'm interested to see if my theory holds up after watching.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 pm
Rocat wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:58 am Ok, WandaVision's first two episodes were a bit if a walk down memory lane in terms of old tv shows. First was the Dick Van Dyke show and the next was Bewitched. It has some hints thrown in as to what may be happening.

I haven't watched the episodes (yet), but I already have a theory about what's happening based solely on the trailers I've seen. I'm interested to see if my theory holds up after watching.

I'm not a comic book fan and haven't been since I was 10. But there are tons of videos on YT with in depth analysis of each frame and line spoken. It was interesting to see what the YouTuber's all have speculated.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rocat wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:43 pm

I'm not a comic book fan and haven't been since I was 10. But there are tons of videos on YT with in depth analysis of each frame and line spoken. It was interesting to see what the YouTuber's all have speculated.
I haven't seen any of those, but after seeing the episodes my theory has taken a slight knock but is still sound. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up over the next episodes.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm

I haven't seen any of those, but after seeing the episodes my theory has taken a slight knock but is still sound. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up over the next episodes.
Me and the wife just watched the first two episodes. Hooked!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:54 am
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Me and the wife just watched the first two episodes. Hooked!

Us too. It's weird and wonderful and there is a poignancy that I hope won't be overwhelmed by the sinister that's bubbling under the surface.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I highly recommend Halt and Catch Fire on Netflix. I’d never heard of it but that show was fantastic. It’s the fictional story from inside the rise of the computer/tech/internet age during the 80s and 90s. Great cast, well developed characters, fantastic storylines, and lots of great 80s and 90s fashion (and watches)!

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Well, I was wrong. My 15 year old watched both episodes and liked them. I am shocked. I was not surprised that he watched them on his iPhone though. He has a big tv and a laptop in his room but prefers to watch stuff on his phone. (head shakes in disappointment) lol