We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Rocat
MoT Member

Re: Name a movie that you recently enjoyed

Post by Rocat »

Over the past few days I have introduced my son to Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles.and Robinhood: Men tin Tights.

He thought they were all very funny.

I need to get him to watch Ace Ventura Pet Detective next. I think I'll throw in some Police Academy and some Police Squad movies as well as Dracula: Dead and Loving It!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Rocat wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:30 pm Over the past few days I have introduced my son to Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles.and Robinhood: Men tin Tights.

I need to get him to watch Ace Ventura Pet Detective next. I think I'll throw in some Police Academy and some Police Squad movies as well as Dracula: Dead and Loving It!
Don‘t forget Monty Python Holy Grail and Army of Darkness / Evil Dead!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Seems that a John Wick guy is associated with this. Makes sense.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Rocat wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:30 pm Over the past few days I have introduced my son to Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles.and Robinhood: Men tin Tights.

I’m laughing out loud because I was just thinking about introducing our six year old to “classic” movies, and your post reminded me of story that I only think about every couple of years. My parents divorced when I was about seven. My mom started dating a guy and he asked if he could take me to a movie...just he and I. He took me to Police Academy :lol: :shock: :?.

I’m sorry if I post that every time someone brings up Police Academy...I can’t remember...but it cracks me up. Dude would be on the news today! I don’t think he and my mother lasted too long 8-).
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Split-Time wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:10 pm

I’m laughing out loud because I was just thinking about introducing our six year old to “classic” movies, and your post reminded me of story that I only think about every couple of years. My parents divorced when I was about seven. My mom started dating a guy and he asked if he could take me to a movie...just he and I. He took me to Police Academy :lol: :shock: :?.

I’m sorry if I post that every time someone brings up Police Academy...I can’t remember...but it cracks me up. Dude would be on the news today! I don’t think he and my mother lasted too long 8-).
The man of 10,000 sound effects guy Michael Winslow is in SpaceBalls. You know, the Bleeps, the Sweeps, and the Creeps guy. I told my son we need to watch Police Academy for that guy.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Another favorite of mine is "The Jerk" with Steve Martin.
One of my all time favorite scenes is with the oil cans.

These cans are defective.

He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!

Classic.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Another Steve Martin movie I like is "Dead men don't wear plaid". It combines my love of the 40's Noir films and comedies. I even had this Movie Poster hanging in bedroom as a young kid.
MV5BOGEyZGU1ZGItMzNjMC00ZDkzLWE4OTgtNWJhNGM2ZjVmZTNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MjkwNjA@._V1_.jpg
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I think I'll have my son watch Dumb and Dumber just so we can sing Mocking Bird. lol

And since my son is 15 I want to let him see this scene so he will not get discouraged when he starts asking girls out on dates and they say "No".

There's always a chance. lol

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Since I dropped the wife and kids off at the Airport to fly home for a week, I plan to spend the evening at the movies watching Snake Eyes.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Rocat wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:57 am Since I dropped the wife and kids off at the Airport to fly home for a week, I plan to spend the evening at the movies watching Snake Eyes.

I liked it. Lots of action. If you are fan of the original cartoon then I think you will like it. No other spoilers from me.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

When I came home after Snake Eyes I watched Nobody. Again, very good action and for me quite a few laughs. Instead of streaming it, I went cheap and rented the DVD from Redbox, that way I could watch it on the big tv in the den.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Just came back from watching The Suicide Squad at the Theater. It was much better than the first one. My son said it was a solid 7 out of 10. Lots of raucous fun, action and body parts flying through the air. I give it an 8 soley on the fact that it was much, much better than the first movie.

Fair warning though for people are are thinking it is R rated for violence. It has more cuss words than a Joe Pesci and Robert DiNiro rant.

Dang it!!!
I just found out that I could have saved money by watching it from home on HBOMAX for free. Oh well, movies are better on the big screen.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. It was good.
index.jpg
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Free Guy is a good laugh. Channing Tatum make a hilarious cameo in the movie.
MV5BOTY2NzFjODctOWUzMC00MGZhLTlhNjMtM2Y2ODBiNGY1ZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Another Friday night at the movies with my son. We saw Protege with Sam Jackson, Michael Keaton, and Maggie Q. Entertaining. It was nice to see Michael Keaton doing some action (even though it was a stunt man).