MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on two methods lights on. One is a referral generator that creates (mostly) unobtrusive links. This depends on the site being whitelisted in any ad-blocking software you use. If you could please whitelist this site, we would be ever thankful. (We promise there are no pop-ups, pop-unders or other annoying distractions.)

The other method is donations from members and visitors. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

Thank you!

Fitness tracker

Discussions to express your inner nerd.
Brice
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 92 times

Fitness tracker

Post by Brice » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Greetings!
I would like to share with you my experience with a fitness tracker (the Mi Band).

I am always looking for ways to ''hack'' my sleep in order to improve its quality. At night, I am wearing the Mi Band, to track my sleep. This allowed me to notice that my alarm clock was always ringing during a deep sleep cycle. I changed the wake-up time by 15min, to wake up in a light sleep cycle. I sleep now 15min less than before, but I feel much more awake and alert during the day.

If you own a fitness tracker, I invite you to give it a try.
These users liked the author Brice for the post (total 4):
peskydonutTheJohnPwatchpaloozaManOnTime
Let us know what we can improve!
Design survey here.
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 727 times
Been liked: 2697 times

Re: Fitness tracker

Post by ManOnTime » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:01 am

Great tip.

I've had all four generations of Mi Band, and 4 is now my favorite. The larger, full-color screen is so much easier to see, even without having my reading glasses on.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post:
watchpalooza
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
AndroidIsAwesome
Has liked: 1331 times
Been liked: 1494 times

Re: Fitness tracker

Post by AndroidIsAwesome » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm

I also have a mi band 4. It's great for how cheap they are. I just use it to control music playback lol. Xiaomi is already working on the mi band 5 believe it or not. The rumored release is november 2019
These users liked the author AndroidIsAwesome for the post:
ManOnTime
I have too many watches, yet here I am buying more.