We're Moving!

Click for more info.

"remember me" login?

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
deckeda
MoT Member

"remember me" login?

Post by deckeda »

HI, how long should I expect the login cookie to last? The "remember me" checkmark remembers me for awhile, a couple days, and then I need to login again. I had been tracking a few pages on both iOS and on my laptop (Safari) and the situation's the same for both I think.

Thanks!
MoT
Site Admin

Re: "remember me" login?

Post by MoT »

deckeda wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 pm HI, how long should I expect the login cookie to last? The "remember me" checkmark remembers me for awhile, a couple days, and then I need to login again. I had been tracking a few pages on both iOS and on my laptop (Safari) and the situation's the same for both I think.

Thanks!
Log-in cookie by default is 60 minutes. However, if you check the "Remember Me" box when logging in, you shouldn't have to log in unless you click log out.

I never have to log back in unless I log out, or I've purged sessions via the Administrator Control Panel.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am
deckeda wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 pm HI, how long should I expect the login cookie to last? The "remember me" checkmark remembers me for awhile, a couple days, and then I need to login again. I had been tracking a few pages on both iOS and on my laptop (Safari) and the situation's the same for both I think.

Thanks!
Log-in cookie by default is 60 minutes, and won't expire if you click anything in that time frame. However, if you check the "Remember Me" box when logging in, you shouldn't have to ever log in unless you click log out.

I never have to log back in unless I log out, or I've purged sessions via the Administrator Control Panel.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
victo66
MoT Member

Post by victo66 »

I've been having trouble with this lately; the site is logging me out multiple times a day. Haven't seen anyone else mention it, just throwing it out here. I am using Firefox; I will also test with Chrome.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I'm having to log in again and again. Using Chrome.

Safari seems to give me no problem.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I can't say I'm having this issue, but I had to update my Chrome browser yesterday.
So might be something to take a look at just in case that might help, depending on your browser.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

On my Android phone I have to log back in frequently. This is happening lately.

Not so on my Surface, though.
Last edited by tommy_boy on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks!
Log-in cookie by default is 60 minutes. However, if you check the "Remember Me" box when logging in, you shouldn't have to log in unless you click log out.

This still applies.

Nothing has changed on the site in regards to logging in, and I can't recreate the issue on any of my devices or browsers. I wish I could be more helpful.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I also notice the need to log in more frequently from my ipad and iphone. Thought it was due to “block cookies” setting, but turns out I have that off. Started happening awhile ago....perhaps in Feb or Mar, but I did not think to mention it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I tweaked some server side settings a short time ago. I have no idea if they will help those having the issue, but I hope so!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

I'm having a lot of trouble staying logged in today. My other laptop won't let me login at all.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'm getting logged out frequently too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Possibly related: Suddenly this morning I am unable to log in to the forums via Tapatalk. Every time I enter my credentials the login prompt reappears and the cycle continues. No issues with the other forums I access through Tapatalk.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

recapt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:57 pm Possibly related: Suddenly this morning I am unable to log in to the forums via Tapatalk. Every time I enter my credentials the login prompt reappears and the cycle continues. No issues with the other forums I access through Tapatalk.
I really really dislike Tapatalk. It's nothing but hassle. I just checked and I see they've updated the plug-in again, and once again never sent any notification they were doing so.

I will update it on this end and see if that changes anything.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

I have to log in multiple times today, never happen before. Using chrome and also tested with edge. Thanks