We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Problem viewing images

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Problem viewing images

Post by PetrosD »

Some images can't be viewed using Tapatalk. It appears that it depends on how the user uploaded the images. All of the images posted by pgcity, for example, show up as broken and can't be displayed.

I'm wondering if there's a Tapatalk plug-in issue? For other posters, the images display fine.

[Edit] In another pgcity post I saw that one image was broken while another posted fine. I quoted the post to see the source and it looks like when the image is linked through http it's broken but when attached to the post it's fine.

ImageImage
Last edited by PetrosD on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pgcity
MoT Member

Re: Problem viewing images

Post by pgcity »

Yes it happens when images are linked using the " insert image ["img"]["/img"]" option. It doesn't seem to render images on Tapatalk. However, If I upload a screenshot as attachment via "Add Files" button, the picture is viewable on Tapatalk. If there's other options that can make it work, do let me know and I will try that next time.
Last edited by pgcity on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

More reasons not to use Tapatalk.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

TheJohnP wrote:More reasons not to use Tapatalk.
As much of a pain Tapatalk can be at times, I find it much easier to have one app that consolidates all of my subscriptions to various forums where I can get updates. If it weren't for the frequent problems with it, I might have even broken down and paid for VIP.

I find even the mobile interface to the forums to be a much more clunky experience. It makes me feel like I'm stuck in the 1990s, and this is from an old IT guy (key word, old).
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

PetrosD wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:47 am
TheJohnP wrote:More reasons not to use Tapatalk.
As much of a pain Tapatalk can be at times, I find it much easier to have one app that consolidates all of my subscriptions to various forums where I can get updates. If it weren't for the frequent problems with it, I might have even broken down and paid for VIP.

I find even the mobile interface to the forums to be a much more clunky experience. It makes me feel like I'm stuck in the 1990s, and this is from an old IT guy (key word, old).
I've never used Tapatalk and from the all the complaints that I've read, never will.
The mobile experience of this site for instance has never been problematic for me.
But as long as you can access and engage, I suppose you can't ask for more than that.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find