We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Can't like posts via tapatalk

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Can't like posts via tapatalk

Post by Dub Rubb »

Not sure if it's just me, but my tapatalk app updated overnight and I can no longer like posts. As a habitual deal liker, I feel bad not being able like posts.

Thanks MoT and FTE!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Re: Can't like posts via tapatalk

Post by MoT »

I just noticed that too. The ability to like posts was a functionality that I had to add in. Changes made by Tapatalk on their end may have broken it.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I have Android and on 1 device it still works and the other it doesn't. Different operating system generations I think. I know you probably like Tapatalk to use multiple forums but using the regular desktop site for this forum on mobile works really, really, really well. It's worth giving it a shot. I never use Tapatalk at all anymore (🙏) except to post a photo.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

Thought it was just me, but noticed after the latest Tapatalk update I couldn't either on my Android phone.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

I just came here to ask/research the same thing..... Weird!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Same problem for me

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

I just noticed it too today... Bugger. Trying to like!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KidThunder
MoT Member

Post by KidThunder »

Same issue for me too. Noticed a few other things as well -
1) I don't stay logged in for very long and if I close Tapatalk I have to resign in every time
2) I can't find the forum of I search for it in Tapatalk. Only have access to the forum threads I'm subscribed to, had to load up the web browser version to get to the technical issues forum.

No big deal, don't mind using the browser version, just wanted to make note of what I was experiencing in Tapatalk.

Very thankful for MoT and this incredible forum!!!!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

All these issues are on the Tapatalk end. They change/update things and it breaks functionality. Then we have to wait until if/when they fix it. Nothing at all has changed on this end.

That's the main reason l'd really like to forget Tapatalk even exists, but I know a lot of people like to use it, so it will remain implemented.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

Only difference with the latest Tapatalk update I've noticed is I can no longer like posts for me. All other functionality seem normal. I did notice a small color change here. Assume that change was a forum change though.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

59yukon01 wrote:Only difference with the latest Tapatalk update I've noticed is I can no longer like posts for me. All other functionality seem normal. I did notice a small color change here. Assume that change was a forum change though.
Same with me.
I asked about the like button in WRUW thread. Completely forgot this section existed. Sorry MoT!
I only recently started using Tapatalk to upload pics easier. But may switch back to browser. I miss giving everyone likes!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Bbrou33 wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Only difference with the latest Tapatalk update I've noticed is I can no longer like posts for me. All other functionality seem normal. I did notice a small color change here. Assume that change was a forum change though.
Same with me.
I asked about the like button in WRUW thread. Completely forgot this section existed. Sorry MoT!
I only recently started using Tapatalk to upload pics easier. But may switch back to browser. I miss giving everyone likes!

I have never had that problem. I recommend first trying deleting your cache. If that doesn’t work, reinstall TT. There’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to like posts.

@robotazky
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Robotaz wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote:
Same with me.

I have never had that problem. I recommend first trying deleting your cache. If that doesn’t work, reinstall TT. There’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to like posts.

@robotazky
I've tried this and still can't like posts here MOT. I can like posts over at WUS. Strange.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Robotaz wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote:Same with me.

@robotazky
I've tried this and still can't like posts here MOT. I can like posts over at WUS. Strange.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

WUS uses a different software than we do.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Just tested it on MoT’s post above and for me like still works. Tested from IOS on an Ipad.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr