eBay authenticator

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

eBay authenticator

Post by Robotaz »

I’m furious. The eBay authenticator, which I do not want in the first place, threw my watch’s box out and sent it in this ridiculous generic crap, which reduces the value of the watch.

Do not use eBay for any used watch unless you want the original box thrown out and your watch devalued.

I’m so pissed that I’m probably sending it all the way back to Japan.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: eBay authenticator

Post by TheJohnP »

Wow. That is horrible.
Good to know going forward
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Seriously? Are you sure the Authenticator received it with the box??
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

That sucks but also what’d you get?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

recapt wrote:Seriously? Are you sure the Authenticator received it with the box??
Seller had photos of the Seiko box. I have actually inquired with him to make sure it shipped in the Seiko box, but seems pretty certain.

You never know. eBay could tell sellers to ship without the box now.

It’s just not right to see a watch in it’s box and then it shows up in this cheap cardboard eBay box with no papers or anything.

At first I thought this service is expensive and seems like a real commitment from eBay. Now I believe it is somehow just for them to cover them and as usual screw sellers and/or buyers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Boourns wrote:That sucks but also what’d you get?
Seiko SBDX014 tuna. You can see it peaking out in the photo if you zoom in.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Robotaz wrote:
recapt wrote:Seriously? Are you sure the Authenticator received it with the box??
Seller had photos of the Seiko box. I have actually inquired with him to make sure it shipped in the Seiko box, but seems pretty certain.

It’s just not right to see a watch in it’s box and then it shows up in this cheap cardboard eBay box with no papers or anything.

At first I thought this service is expensive and seems like a real commitment from eBay. Now I believe it is somehow just for them to cover them and as usual screw sellers and/or buyers.
I would be pretty pissed off too. Hopefully eBay can somehow make this right. Sorry that you’re dealing with this.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

recapt wrote:
Robotaz wrote:

I would be pretty pissed off too. Hopefully eBay can somehow make this right. Sorry that you’re dealing with this.
Seller says eBay is encouraging not sending in a box, especially for international sales.

He is offering a partial refund of $100. I will accept it and eat that if I flip it.

It is running between -1 - 0 s/d so the performance is great. Two small bezel marks, as expected, easily polished out. Seems perfect other than not having the box.

Live and learn.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Ebay Never ceases to disappoint.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

That's crazy

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.