Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
BruceR
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by BruceR »

I'm looking for a watch for an 11-year old girl, but not a kid's watch. She had a 33mm quartz Hamilton Khaki (H68311533) that she wore for almost three years. It was awesome. She wore it to swim lessons, on the playground, everywhere. It was totally scratched up except for the pristine crystal. Anyway, she lost it. I replaced that with a Bertucci field watch that lasted only a few months. I'm looking for something in the 30-34mm range, sapphire, and at least 100mm of water resistance--it will go in the pool. Preferably under $200. Quartz or auto.

The reason I'm bringing it up here is because watches sized for ladies and kids usually have something like 50mm of water resistance. I'm open to micro brands or whatever, but I am less likely to trust the stated water resistance rating on unproven brands.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

BruceR wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:52 am I'm looking for a watch for an 11-year old girl, but not a kid's watch. She had a 33mm quartz Hamilton Khaki (H68311533) that she wore for almost three years. It was awesome. She wore it to swim lessons, on the playground, everywhere. It was totally scratched up except for the pristine crystal. Anyway, she lost it. I replaced that with a Bertucci field watch that lasted only a few months. I'm looking for something in the 30-34mm range, sapphire, and at least 100mm of water resistance--it will go in the pool. Preferably under $200. Quartz or auto.

The reason I'm bringing it up here is because watches sized for ladies and kids usually have something like 50mm of water resistance. I'm open to micro brands or whatever, but I am less likely to trust the stated water resistance rating on unproven brands.
Maybe a women's Tissot like this one. 33mm x 9mm, sapphire crystal, 100m WR. Presently being sold by Amazon w/ 3-year warranty for about the same as gray market: $138.98. 16mm lug width so lots of strap options. Maybe better deals elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Tissot-Quartz-Le ... B018WFJFTQ

Image from Jomashop here:

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BruceR wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:52 am I'm looking for a watch for an 11-year old girl, but not a kid's watch. She had a 33mm quartz Hamilton Khaki (H68311533) that she wore for almost three years. It was awesome. She wore it to swim lessons, on the playground, everywhere. It was totally scratched up except for the pristine crystal. Anyway, she lost it. I replaced that with a Bertucci field watch that lasted only a few months. I'm looking for something in the 30-34mm range, sapphire, and at least 100mm of water resistance--it will go in the pool. Preferably under $200. Quartz or auto.

Other dial colors available, 29mm, 200m, Swiss Ronda quartz, $199 and Bernhardt regularly has coupons/sales

https://www.bernhardtwatch.com/collecti ... hite-steel
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Inspired by MoT's candidate, ShopHQ has this 34mm x 10mm diver. Sapphire crystal, 200m WR, does say "princess" on the dial (*facepalm*). Two colorways, $130 + S&H. Better deal might be found elsewhere. I'd recently posted this when ShopHQ had a coupon promo going.

https://www.shophq.com/Product/deep-blu ... ch/676-730

BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

BostonCharlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:25 am Inspired by MoT's candidate, ShopHQ has this 34mm x 10mm diver. Sapphire crystal, 200m WR, does say "princess" on the dial (*facepalm*). Two colorways, $130 + S&H. Better deal might be found elsewhere. I'd recently posted this when ShopHQ had a coupon promo going.

https://www.shophq.com/Product/deep-blu ... ch/676-730

All three were great suggestions. I went with a blue Sea Princess. The words "Sea Princess" on the dial and a picture of a mermaid on the back were significant selling points.
clownbaby
MoT Member

Post by clownbaby »

Been eyeing this one for a while and would like to try and find one. Watchmaxx seems to have the best retail price but I am curious if you all know of anywhere cheaper? I know these used go for less, so open to that, as well. Appreciate the help, you have been a blessing and curse with all the great deals you post. My watchbox thanks you but my wallet would like a few words :lol:

Oris Divers Sixty-Five Bico Ref: 01 733 7707 4355-07 8 20 17
https://www.watchmaxx.com/oris-watch-01 ... 07-8-20-17
watchluv3r

Post by watchluv3r »

Hi folks - this is a stretch, because technically it already is a bargain, but would anyone know where I could find a 38mm automatic or mechanical Hamilton Khaki Field for less than what Jomashop has it for at ~$399? Or a coupon code that could bring it down even more? Or maybe even at the same price with the bracelet? It has to be 38mm because I'd like to try a smaller watch. Sorry for the trouble.

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

watchluv3r wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:21 am Hi folks - this is a stretch, because technically it already is a bargain, but would anyone know where I could find a 38mm automatic or mechanical Hamilton Khaki Field for less than what Jomashop has it for at ~$399? Or a coupon code that could bring it down even more? Or maybe even at the same price with the bracelet? It has to be 38mm because I'd like to try a smaller watch. Sorry for the trouble.

--------

Two possibilities:

1) Joma code: Use code: WLCMOJELZXN for $20 OFF of $250+

2) Ebay has different models of Hamilton Khaki Field watches for less than $400.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... c&LH_BIN=1
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

For the better half, I'm looking for a 36mm Cartier Ballon Bleu, automatic, stainless band. I was able to see one at a local store and it was around $6200. I like the idea of getting it from an authorized dealer, and I doubt this watch will be found on the clearance rack, but $6200 is a lot of money. It doesn't have to be the exact model pictured below.

There is no urgency. I'm posting here with the notion that someone might read this post and then at some point in the future stumble over a good deal on the Ballon Bleu and then recall this post.

CartierBallonBleu.PNG
CartierBallonBleu.PNG (264.94 KiB) Viewed 798 times
mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

I’m helping my future sister-in-law with a wedding watch for my brother. She has narrowed it down to the Baltic Bicompax 002 in guilt blue and the Mido Patrimony Pulsometer. From what I can tell, the Baltic is only available in their website but I was wondering if there were any deals to be had in the Mido. As of now, the best I’m seeing is $667 from Nordstrom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

mrb12186 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:43 pm I’m helping my future sister-in-law with a wedding watch for my brother. She has narrowed it down to the Baltic Bicompax 002 in guilt blue and the Mido Patrimony Pulsometer. From what I can tell, the Baltic is only available in their website but I was wondering if there were any deals to be had in the Mido. As of now, the best I’m seeing is $667 from Nordstrom.

Reach out to Ryan at Bezel House.
They're a Mido AD. With their code BEZELHOUSE2022, it comes to around $660 after CAD conversion. He may be able to beat that.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

TheJohnP wrote:
mrb12186 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:43 pm I’m helping my future sister-in-law with a wedding watch for my brother. She has narrowed it down to the Baltic Bicompax 002 in guilt blue and the Mido Patrimony Pulsometer. From what I can tell, the Baltic is only available in their website but I was wondering if there were any deals to be had in the Mido. As of now, the best I’m seeing is $667 from Nordstrom.

Reach out to Ryan at Bezel House.
They're a Mido AD. With their code BEZELHOUSE2022, it comes to around $660 after CAD conversion. He may be able to beat that.
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot.

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Any super bargains on Orient automatics right now? I don’t own an Orient and am thinking about picking one up.
rockchalk06
MoT Member

Post by rockchalk06 »

Elkins45 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:53 pm Any super bargains on Orient automatics right now? I don’t own an Orient and am thinking about picking one up.
NY Watch Store has the Bambino V4 Blue Face for less than 120. No tax either. Mine came with a black leather band from Orient with a little blue highlights on the side.
https://www.nywatchstore.com/orient-wat ... 004d0.html
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2022

Post by CVP33 »

NAD……but a deal question.

Anyone seen the new Seiko 5 GMT for less than $409? If so, where? I’m buying one of each colorway……..resistance is futile.