Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by PetrosD »

I've been out of the forums for a few years now, and hadn't bought a watch in the time. But here in July I've picked up two, a CW C63 Sealander blue dial and a Tissot PRX green dial.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetrosD wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:43 am I've been out of the forums for a few years now, and hadn't bought a watch in the time. But here in July I've picked up two, a CW C63 Sealander blue dial and a Tissot PRX green dial.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Happy to see you back!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

1965 Timex Marlin (20122465)
IMG_20230730_080422797_HDR_edited (1).jpeg
Case is in very good condition, dial has 2 small marks (that I found), hands appear mint and it's running in a range from -30s/d to +30s/d.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

My bespoke Full Gear arrived from Hong Kong today. My only complaint is that they sent it on a different strap than what I ordered. I wanted black but what I got is a strange dark olive color. The good news its that it's still a really thick Horween leather and I can darken it with some neatsfoot oil, plus it's not like I have a shortage of other straps to wear it on. It's a tad taller than I expected. I love the crown and the lume + tritium combo really pops in a dark room. It's certainly a very readable watch and I'm happy with it.

IMG_6600.jpg
IMG_6600.jpg (164.68 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Darned if those Far-East rascals don't pack a lot of specs into a cheap package! Got sucked in and picked up this WD1680Q, a quartz homage from Watchdives recently on sale (under $60). 41mm case, Flat sapphire, 300m WR (claimed), smooth bezel. Was pleased to learn (after ordering) it has a VH31 sweep-seconds movement. This just replaced several other beaters in my rotation.

WD1680Q.jpg
WD1680Q.jpg (142.28 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Old hotness left vs new hotness right. Was really wanting this in Titanium, but found this listed on ebay for a good deal. I actually like the Arabics better on the stainless model anyway. Titanium only has the 6 and 12.

Set the listing up as a watched item, and after a few days the owner gave me a $40 off offer. Bought it for a price that was about $150 less than the owner paid at Jomashop a couple of weeks prior based on the receipt that came with the watch.

The watch needed to be set up to correct what it was showing and the battery needs some charge. The date was off a couple of days, so I fixed by following the Citizen instructions to adjust the hands and date wheel. I then did a test atomic signal set by forcing it with a phone app that simulates the signal. I truly wonder if that's why the owner sold so fast? Didn't understand how to set it up?

Think I'll order a ratcheting clasp like I put on my OG Nighthawk recently.
Attachments
20231007_144042.jpg
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Just arrived today. Zelos bronze meteorite dial. I’ve been wanting a meteorite dial for years and I’m glad I waited for this one.

351DEC53-7FC2-46CF-BDE8-105838C4D112.jpeg
tmac67
MoT Member

Post by tmac67 »

Well, I was looking for an Alpina last week, asking for help on find me a watch MoT forum...

However, I ended up purchasing something slightly different. I saw this pre-owned Aqua Terra at a local Omega AD. Tried as I might, I can't find a scratch, not even at the buckle. The watch is about three years old from the warranty date. I figured $3250 is a fair price, especially with peace of mind of purchasing one from a local AD and 2 remaining years of warranty.

MSRP is $6300, yeah.. right. This ain't no Rolex..
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watc ... 0412101001

I think I am done for the year, in fact till next summer.. Unless something come along on MoT. Thanks MoT :)
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

From the recent Timex sale.

The indiglo is super cool

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine