We're Moving!

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
MoT
Site Admin

We're Moving!

Post by MoT »

Hi everyone!

MoT's will be transitioning to a new host by April 1st, and over the next couple of weeks, I will be slowly making the transition.

What does this mean to you? Not much! Your login and all other info will remain the same. There could be a couple of hiccups with plug-ins and other things here and there, and there will be occasional and hopefully short downtime on the 30th and 31st of March, but I hope to make the transition as smooth and fast as possible.

Starting today (March 15) the attachments system has been disabled. I have been having trouble getting the attachments to sync with the posts on a test server properly, so they all appear broken in threads. For now please self-host, hot-link or use the Imgur upload ability (the "i" icon in the below screenshot) to post your images.

Thank you all for continuing to make this the best place to find and share watch deals, and feel free to send me a message if you have any issues or comments.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: We're Moving!

Post by Robotaz »

I’m assuming you’ll update us, but just saying I have no image hosting so I’ll be mostly sitting out till the move is complete. Thanks for everything, including the hosting of images.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm I’m assuming you’ll update us, but just saying I have no image hosting so I’ll be mostly sitting out till the move is complete. Thanks for everything, including the hosting of images.
You mean I may have a chance to win a month?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:27 pm
Robotaz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm I’m assuming you’ll update us, but just saying I have no image hosting so I’ll be mostly sitting out till the move is complete. Thanks for everything, including the hosting of images.
I don’t know. Folks are pouring it on right now.

I’m also trying to change jobs, possibly move again, etc, so it’s a good time for me that MoT makes the move now. As Arnold says, I’ll be back.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:27 pm
CVP33 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:27 pm
I don’t know. Folks are pouring it on right now.

I’m also trying to change jobs, possibly move again, etc, so it’s a good time for me that MoT makes the move now. As Arnold says, I’ll be back.
No whining….I’m in the middle of a job change, career change (mostly), relocation and likely knee surgery and I’m posting deals as fast as I can + new releases + WRUW + car **** (truck actually). LOL
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'm going to get things rolling tomorrow. Expect the site to be up and down throughout the day.

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and the downtime is minimal!

Thank you all for your patience.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

We've Unpacked!

Moving day is done, and it went off without a hitch (mostly). There are still some issues with previously uploaded attachments syncing properly, so they may or may not appear broken. The attachment system is live again for those who like to use it.

Thank you everyone for your support and your patience! Now let's get back to those deals and sharing everything we love about watches!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

I wish you all the best in your move

rich
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I'm dialed into the new site.

Good work, Matt!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

rich_in_the_lou wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:13 pm I wish you all the best in your move

rich
Thanks Rich.

I think we're done. Finally.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:49 pm I'm dialed into the new site.

Good work, Matt!
Ignore the new and embrace the old. :lol: www.manontime.com

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

tnmats
MoT Member

Post by tnmats »

This morning (March 31), when I try to access the site I get this error in my browser

I'm using Firefox v124.0.1. I checked some of the security settings in the browser, when I disable this setting now the web site loads

Is the error temporary? I never had issues with manontime loading until now.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

tnmats wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:10 am This morning (March 31), when I try to access the site I get this error in my browser

I'm using Firefox v124.0.1. I checked some of the security settings in the browser, when I disable this setting now the web site loads

Is the error temporary? I never had issues with manontime loading until now.
It should be temporary. I had to reinstall a security certificate, and it should now be valid. Users having issues may need to clear cookies and cache before it will access correctly.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

tnmats
MoT Member

Post by tnmats »

Problem vanished for me today.

Thanks!
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

tnmats wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:20 pm Problem vanished for me today.

Thanks!
What he said :D :D :D