We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Straps and Accessories

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
USMChawk
MoT Member

Straps and Accessories

Post by USMChawk »

I didn’t see a forum listed, to handle this category, so I thought I’d start it. I can personally recommend Martu Straps. She (Andrea) makes a fantastic leather strap. She doesn’t have a lot of sales but she does typically have a 30% off coupon during Black Friday. She also sells a limited quantity on EBay so those coupons, when available, will apply. Shipping is from Chile so expect it to take 2-3 weeks.

https://www.martuleather.com

If you have a favorite shop you use, or see a great sale, feel free to post them.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Straps and Accessories

Post by watchpalooza »

Great thread idea! Here are my favorites:

Rio Canvas Straps - Solid, thick and well-constructed with quality hardware (also very good leather bands):
www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07DWGPHB3/

Megalith Premium Ballistic Nato straps - All sizes, quality construction, EXCELLENT buckles (only the premium line):
www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07699SRWS/

Nato Strap Collections - Great selection, high quality, low prices amd a personal touch:
https://www.natostrapcollections.com

Milano Watchbands - High quality leather bands, in particular good selection of contrast-stitched bands:
http://milanowatchbands.com

Arunas Straps - Not cheap, but great quality custom bands and large selection of bronze buckles:
https://aruno-straps.com
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I'm a fan of Barton. Their leather is not bad, but I really like their Jetson Nato, canvas, and silicone elite offerings. Other positives: that they usually have a newsletter coupon code active, their customer service is great, and they are (to me) a local Texas company.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Boourns wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:40 pm I'm a fan of Barton. Their leather is not bad, but I really like their Jetson Nato, canvas, and silicone elite offerings. Other positives: that they usually have a newsletter coupon code active, their customer service is great, and they are (to me) a local Texas company.
I totally forgot Barton...great for canvas straps.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

I did killer well with the Watchgecko/Fluco Hunter strap deal posted in November.

Otherwise, big fan of Fluco suede straps and Bonetto Citurini rubber straps.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'll put in a very high recommendation for Rios1931 exotic straps. I and I imagine other less-well-heeled WIS can be a bit hesitant to drop big money on a strap, but I really wanted genuine. I'm happy to report the quality on the crocodile and lizard straps I bought is fantastic and they look like a million dollars.
The Panatime branded genuine python strap I bought as well is fantastic.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Also really like the quality and service from Martu.

I will also mention that while the service from Watchgecko is great unfortunately the 20mm Milanese bracelet I ordered has endlinks way to thick to fit on any of my watches. They hit the case making it impossible to get both sides of the spring bars in.
https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-stai ... h-22mm.php
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Barry S.
MoT Member

Post by Barry S. »

I agree with the sentiments about Martu. There is probably no better value for hand made custom straps. I am anxiously awaiting this year's Black Friday order. From last year's haul, this cork strap with a natural map pattern found a permanent home on on my 1953 Airman. Image

As far as "off the rack" straps, my favorite dealer is Holben's with a great selection of top brand straps and great customer service.

https://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com

He also has an eBay store.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Does anyone know of good sources for quality straps in longer lengths? I have fairly large wrists (7.75") and most standard length only fit to the first or second hole.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

ManOnTime wrote:Does anyone know of good sources for quality straps in longer lengths? I have fairly large wrists (7.75") and most standard length only fit to the first or second hole.
Martu would likely be one of your best bets. She did custom lengths for me.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

There's actually a Martu drop on Massdrop as we speak: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/martu

Vintage leather strap in one of four colors for $37. Description says you can get your choice of length.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Barry S.
MoT Member

Straps and Accessories

Post by Barry S. »

mplsabdullah wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:Does anyone know of good sources for quality straps in longer lengths? I have fairly large wrists (7.75") and most standard length only fit to the first or second hole.
Martu would likely be one of your best bets. She did custom lengths for me.
Martu would definitely be a good way to go. She offers these sizes on the standard order form:
And makes these size suggestions:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Thanks guys. I guess I'm going to have to wait for an eBay coupon (not a Bucks coupon) or Black Friday. :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Big plug for Andrea/Martu. I think she has made eight straps for my wife and me. Custom is custom. You can buy less expensive stock straps, no doubt. But she makes awesome straps to my specs.

I bought a 38mm watch with a strap (with proprietary 16mm molded plastic lug connections) that was too short.

I sent her the strap and she made one that is 10mm longer. Making it was no cake walk. Neither was my task of attaching to the damn watch, :lol: .

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/09/mbvXA.md.jpg[/img]
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

USMChawk wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:06 pm I can personally recommend Martu Straps. She (Andrea) makes a fantastic leather strap.
She does great work, and backs up her product. I ordered from her once and got a much thicker strap than it was supposed to be. She sent me a different one no charge.

I also highly recommend EKStraps. He makes great custom stuff and is a really nice guy. Here are a few of his:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]