We're Moving!

Click for more info.

RIP, Cosbat Sub.

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Bolster
MoT Member

RIP, Cosbat Sub.

Post by Bolster »

Costco had one of the all-time best prices on a Glycine Combat Sub at $280 for (I think) 5 months. I can no longer find it on the Costco website, so...RIP, Cosbat Sub.

How many of you snagged one?

[img][/img]
Unrepentant Quartzer
MoT
Site Admin

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

Post by MoT »

2kr5s9.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

LOL, Max! "Wouldja believe...?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unrepentant Quartzer
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I was at Costco last week and they had them in store. May be worth a look if you have one nearby!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

bocbass
MoT Member

Post by bocbass »

I bought one. The strap is pretty meh, but otherwise a great watch. Perfect size.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

I bought one and really liked the overall watch but didn't bond with the Costco colorway and returned it. I then bought a preferable colorway from watchgooroo and love it. I paid about $30 more but much prefer the version I chose.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm I was at Costco last week and they had them in store. May be worth a look if you have one nearby!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I was in a Costco (Frisco, TX) last weekend and they had at least one in stock.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

How durable are modern PVD/IP coatings? I've had black coated watches in the past, and the finish basically came off if you looked at it funny, and it looked like crap. It's turned me off of black watches ever since.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Bolster wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:06 am Costco had one of the all-time best prices on a Glycine Combat Sub at $280 for (I think) 5 months. I can no longer find it on the Costco website, so...RIP, Cosbat Sub.

How many of you snagged one?

[img][/img]
[mention]Bolster[/mention] It appears the Kirkland Signature Combat Sub is back from the dead 🧟‍♂️ and priced at $280. I also see 5 of them on ebay for $355.

https://www.costco.com/Glycine-Combat-S ... =pg:2/ct:r

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glycine-Combat ... ition=1000
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am How durable are modern PVD/IP coatings? I've had black coated watches in the past, and the finish basically came off if you looked at it funny, and it looked like crap. It's turned me off of black watches ever since.
I've not really babied my Airman, and have been wearing it almost non-stop since getting it, so it's bumped and scraped things over time. It didn't worry me too much since I don't think a few battle scars or wear marks will be detrimental to its utilitarian aesthetic, but for all my clumsy carelessness I can't see the slightest mark on it yet. I've only had it since January though, so I guess check back with me in a few years?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:56 am
ManOnTime wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am How durable are modern PVD/IP coatings? I've had black coated watches in the past, and the finish basically came off if you looked at it funny, and it looked like crap. It's turned me off of black watches ever since.
I've not really babied my Airman, and have been wearing it almost non-stop since getting it, so it's bumped and scraped things over time. It didn't worry me too much since I don't think a few battle scars or wear marks will be detrimental to its utilitarian aesthetic, but for all my clumsy carelessness I can't see the slightest mark on it yet. I've only had it since January though, so I guess check back with me in a few years?
Same story here...The PVD on my Zelos Mako II is fairly bulletproof. Only had it for about a year, but have had it scrape across a nail, a slab of concrete and work on an engine...without any sign of wear. Other watches I have had for less than a year that are brushed stainless are already showing minor wear. Before this watch I was fairly wary of any coatings as I have always been disappointed by them....My opinion has been changed.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr