We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Car Photos

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Car Photos

Post by Boourns »

OK here are a few I had on my phone and elsewhere:

The first car I bought for myself after college. I will always miss this car:
[img][/img]

Also owed this at one point. So much fun but that time of life is over:
[img][/img]

A couple not-very-well-staged shots of my grandpa's, and now my dad's, and someday my 1966 Barracuda. Sadly my grandpa was frugal, to say the least, and didn't opt for the V8. I still love it though.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

My current ride:
[img][/img]

And the one I traded in for my current one:
[img][/img]

I hope that you guys still like me! :lol:
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

2018 Murano S without a single option. After many years of driving fast and badass cars, I just got tire of the maintenance drama. My wife has a Murano with every option that I enjoy so I just went that route but cheap.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 58db28.jpg[/IMG]

@robotazky
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Boourns wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 am OK here are a few I had on my phone and elsewhere:

Also owed this at one point. So much fun but that time of life is over:
[img][/img]
I hope that you guys still like me! :lol:

Oh, if We're throwing Motorcycles in now then I can play that game too. No pictures of either bike saved to the laptop but my first bike was a 1979 Yamaha 750 XS Triple. Big, heavy and cumbersome but a great road bike. Next was a 1996 Suzuki Bandit 600. Don't laugh. It was a beautiful red and I add an aftermarket Corbin seat which helped in the comfort department. It only had 75 HP I believe. But it could out run every sports car I came up against.

Stock photos from the web.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Rocat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:19 pm Next was a 1996 Suzuki Bandit 600. Don't laugh. It was a beautiful red and I add an aftermarket Corbin seat which helped in the comfort department. It only had 75 HP I believe. But it could out run every sports car I came up against.

[img][/img]
My first was a '97 Katana 600 so I'm not laughing. Or at least I'm laughing at both of us. :lol:

[img]http://p2m.mbike.com/000/002/469/51664455_d.jpg[/img]
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Boourns wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 pm
Rocat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:19 pm Next was a 1996 Suzuki Bandit 600. Don't laugh. It was a beautiful red and I add an aftermarket Corbin seat which helped in the comfort department. It only had 75 HP I believe. But it could out run every sports car I came up against.

[img][/img]
My first was a '97 Katana 600 so I'm not laughing. Or at least I'm laughing at both of us. :lol:

[img]http://p2m.mbike.com/000/002/469/51664455_d.jpg[/img]
Nice. Although I'm not a fan of body work on a bike. I prefer to see the engine plus it's less costly if I lay the bike down. Luckily that never happened. I got out of bikes before the inevitable "It's not a matter of IF you crash. It's a matter of WHEN." My older brother crashed a lot on the road and on trails with his bikes.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 am
CVP33 wrote:
Former greats:

1997 Anniversary Edition Z28
2004 CTS-V
2005 CTS-V
2006 300C SRT8
2006 300C SRT8 - procharged with 625rwhp 10.74@128.5mph 1/4 mile
2010 CTS- V Sedan - pullied, injectors 625rwhp
2013 Convertible ZL1
2012 CTS-V coupe
2016 Corvette Z06 Callaway Edition 757hp/777tq 10.50@131mph 1/4 mile
2019 Corvette Z06 Stock for now

Favorite car stuff:

Waxing a loud mouth GTR owner in my 5,000lb. SRT8 at a track rental at MIR
VIR full course in 2:06
Honorary Starter and Sponsor for the 4 Wide Nationals at ZMax in Charlotte
Sponsor #9 NASCAR 2017
Pit wall and pit box view All Star Race in 2017
So much awesome here! That SRT is ridiculous!!! A GTR is no slouch in the 1/4 mile. And while I think it could have been a close race, you destroyed him on reaction time! That heavy beast effing launches!! Impressive.

As far as the funny car/top fuel goes, it sucks that it is impossible to capture that insanity on video. You just have to be there to feel it. That's right, FEEL it. Not hear it (without ear plugs, you wont be able to hear anything for a couple of days!). I remember being about where you are and trying to watch a couple passes without ear protection. After one side by side burnout, I was fairly sure my ears were leaking blood. Between that and CH3N02 fumes, it could be considered by some a torture. But man do I go back every year. My favorite is the practice on Friday night when you get to see the flames!
Several things that are impossible to convey from my starting line videos:

1) How physically violent it is to have 4,000 HP X 4 sitting feet in front of you. It moves your chest, especially at launch.
2) How stupid you feel when your nose is running, eyes watering from the alcohol cars, when a female crew member is wiping the tires down, having her hair blown back by the header wash and seems totally unaffected.
3) How the camera vibrates because the atmosphere moves at launch
4) How quickly, sub-4 seconds, a car that was just in front of you, is suddenly a 1/4 mile a way moving at 520' per second in the trap.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Not a car guy myself, admittedly.

But since I own a Subaru, they got me on the list to the recent Atlanta Auto Show.
For me it was all SUVs and crossoverszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, huh, where was I?

Anyway, they had a few interesting vehicles to check out.
Especially the GM Parade of Progress Futurliner from the National Truck & Auto Museum in Auburn, Indiana (http://natmus.org/)

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Some weird, little customized VW micro bus
[img][/img]

A Lincoln continental with SUICIDE DOORS!!
[img][/img]

No idea what this one was, but that is one sweet looking V8
[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 pmA Lincoln continental with SUICIDE DOORS!!
[img][/img]
All Continentals from 1962-69 were suicide doored. These have always been one of my favorite cars (1965 models in particular), and I never hesitate to stop and talk to the owner when I see one.
TheJohnP wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 pmNo idea what this one was, but that is one sweet looking V8
[img][/img]
1961 Chevy Impala.

That's obviously a replacement engine, and out of the crate it makes 650hp. It would get you from watch store to watch store in a hurry.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

Well,I don’t own any of the lambo pictured earlier,I’m more into practical car

I drive Toyota Voxy (pictured in car wash) and Honda HR-V 1.8

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... db2f9c.jpg[/IMG]

Why 2 cars? Because there’s a rule in my city that I can only drive car with odd numberplate on odd calendar date (except on holidays or weekends) and vice versa...I’m thinking about getting a military numberplate for my car so I can use it daily [emoji38]
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

We don't get the Voxy here in the US. The only Toyota van/mpv we get is the Sienna, built in Indiana for the North American market.

Good looking profile. Does it have the current Toyota/Lexus "Predator" front end design language?
yux8p0i8xa7z.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:We don't get the Voxy here in the US. The only Toyota van/mpv we get is the Sienna, built in Indiana for the North American market.

Good looking profile. Does it have the current Toyota/Lexus "Predator" front end design language?
yux8p0i8xa7z.jpg
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 7d9b5f.jpg[/IMG]

@robotazky
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm We don't get the Voxy here in the US. The only Toyota van/mpv we get is the Sienna, built in Indiana for the North American market.

yux8p0i8xa7z.jpg
Thanks a lot MOT. I have not been a fan of the new designed front end from Lexus but now I'll never unsee this.

My next door neighbor is a GM at the local Lexus Dealership. He brings home a myriad of new Lexus's (Lexi?) and will throw me the keys if I ask. I ask alot. lol

I've driven the RCF coupe and sedans. And, to me, those are blazingly quick. It also helps to have him as a neighbor since instead of buying a pickup truck I can just have him bring one home off the used lot whenever I need one. lol
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Lexus RCF.....meh. Now the LC500, drool.

[img]https://content.presspage.com/uploads/1 ... .jpg?10000[/img]
Robotaz
MoT Member

Car Photos

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote:Lexus RCF.....meh. Now the LC500, drool.

[img]https://content.presspage.com/uploads/1 ... .jpg?10000[/img]
Like all Toyota and Lexus, cheap, overdone styling that belongs in a cheesy 10 year old’s scribble book.

That car could be so awesome if they had designers with class. It’s way, way too complicated and covered in chintzy chrome and fake inserts. The back is somehow even worse than the front.

But it’s way, way better than the average from them. Toyota is copying basically everyone and 10 years behind across the board. Yuck.

@robotazky
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stopped by my buddies work today and one if his bosses cars was there (the other is a Viper that I had the privilege of driving). Dont get too excited though, it is a Plymouth Sattelite made to look like a Road Runner.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... a8fbc7.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk