We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Post by Robotaz »

Glycine Airman Worldtimer and West Sixth Amber. I don’t care for ambers typically, but this is the best this place has.

This Glycine has uncharacteristically good lume.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Maker's, an Elysian Space Dust IPA and I am still rocking the NTH. In fact, it is all I brought with me to So Cal for work this week. Feels weird, but this watch is working out pretty great for me.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:I love tequila. Too bad I can no longer drink it because of one hilarious evening about 15 years ago. :(
I don’t know why, but I can drink half a fifth of tequila and not be more than a little buzzed. That much bourbon and I’ll be sick in bed the next day. Never understood it.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:35 pm
ManOnTime wrote:I love tequila. Too bad I can no longer drink it because of one hilarious evening about 15 years ago. :(
I don’t know why, but I can drink half a fifth of tequila and not be more than a little buzzed. That much bourbon and I’ll be sick in bed the next day. Never understood it.
I'm one of those rare people that do not get hangovers, even after drinking amounts of alcohol that would have impressed Andre the Giant. My friends both envy and hate me for it.
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:02 pm
Well. . . If and when you feel like sharing, I for one would LOVE to hear this story!
You asked for it.... :lol:

In 2003 I was an admin on a car related web forum, and once a year we had a gathering in the Chicago area (as that's where the founder of the site was from).

That year, it happened to fall on my birthday. After about six beers at the hotel, a few of us decided to go to a nearby steakhouse for dinner. This particular restaurant served a drink called "Shut Up And Drink It". As I recall, it was a rum-based drink, 22oz with at least 5 or 6 of those being different types of rum. Below the description of the drink was a disclaimer: "One per customer".

The drink was ordered, and I did as it said. Dinner was ordered, and part way through a member of the group asked the waitress to bring me another. She mentioned the "rule". Someone piped up and said it was my birthday, so she folded and brought one out. I finished that one, too.

On the way back to the hotel we decided to stop at a liquor store. Wandering around in my well-buzzed state I settled on what I thought would be delicious: a bottom shelf 1-liter bottle of the cheapest Jose Cuervo in the place.

Back at the hotel, it was time to relax, hang out with a bunch of people I only get to see once a year and dig into the liquid libations. A few more beers were drunk, shots of various liquors were taken, and then I decided to crack open the tequila.

I drank it. The whole thing.

During the process of drinking it I would excuse myself to go to the bathroom; remember, I had taken in a very large amount of liquid up to this point. I had to come out.

My trips to the bathroom were becoming longer, and longer, and longer. Eventually, I went to the bathroom and didn't come back. A search team was sent for me, and I was discovered fully clothed, but fast asleep half in and half out of one of the stalls, under the door.

A friend crawled over from the adjacent stall (destroying the toilet paper dispenser) and unlocked the door. Another couple of friends retrieved the luggage cart from the lobby. I was loaded up and taken back to my room where my roommate, whom I had traveled from here in Minnesota with, was already in and asleep.

I remember repeatedly saying "I'm sorry" to him, and when asked what for, saying "I don't know, but I'm sorry anyway."

I woke up about six hours later, still magnificently drunk. Since we were going to a drag strip that day, I knew there was only one logical choice: Evacuate. I gave my tonsils a hearty handshake and took Ralph to the toilet. The smell of regurgitated tequila ruined the stuff for me. I love it, but just a whiff turns my stomach.

To end a long, and somewhat embarrassing story I ate breakfast downed three bottles of Gatorade on the way to the track and spent the day next to the wall right next to the starting line. I was exhausted, but it was a beautiful day.

PS. I sat down once and calculated how much I drank over an approximate ten hour period. Here it is as best as I can recall:

Beer: 15-18 mixed between cans and bottles.
Shut Up and Drink It: 2, totaling approximately 12oz of spirits.
Shots: Roughly a dozen.
Tequila: One liter.

PPS. Here's a pic I dug up of me enjoying some of Jose's elixir:
metequila.JPG
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 pm
I'm one of those rare people that do not get hangovers, even after drinking amounts of alcohol that would have impressed Andre the Giant. My friends both envy and hate me for it.
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:02 pm
Well. . . If and when you feel like sharing, I for one would LOVE to hear this story!
You asked for it.... :lol:

In 2003 I was an admin on a car related web forum, and once a year we had a gathering in the Chicago area (as that's where the founder of the site was from).

That year, it happened to fall on my birthday. After about six beers at the hotel, a few of us decided to go to a nearby steakhouse for dinner. This particular restaurant served a drink called "Shut Up And Drink It". As I recall, it was a rum-based drink, 22oz with at least 5 or 6 of those being different types of rum. Below the description of the drink was a disclaimer: "One per customer".

The drink was ordered, and I did as it said. Dinner was ordered, and part way through a member of the group asked the waitress to bring me another. She mentioned the "rule". Someone piped up and said it was my birthday, so she folded and brought one out. I finished that one, too.

On the way back to the hotel we decided to stop at a liquor store. Wandering around in my well-buzzed state I settled on what I thought would be delicious: a bottom shelf 1-liter bottle of the cheapest Jose Cuervo in the place.

Back at the hotel, it was time to relax, hang out with a bunch of people I only get to see once a year and dig into the liquid libations. A few more beers were drunk, shots of various liquors were taken, and then I decided to crack open the tequila.

During the process of drinking it I would excuse myself to go to the bathroom; remember, I had taken in a very large amount of liquid up to this point. I had to come out.

My trips to the bathroom were becoming longer, and longer, and longer. Eventually, I went to the bathroom and didn't come back. A search team was sent for me, and I was discovered fully clothed, but fast asleep half in and half out of one of the stalls, under the door.

A friend crawled over from the adjacent stall (destroying the toilet paper dispenser) and unlocked the door. Another couple of friends retrieved the luggage cart from the lobby. I was loaded up and taken back to my room where my roommate, whom I had traveled from here in Minnesota with, was already in and asleep.

I remember repeatedly saying "I'm sorry" to him, and when asked what for, saying "I don't know, but I'm sorry anyway."

I woke up about six hours later, still magnificently drunk. Since we were going to a drag strip that day, I knew there was only one logical choice: Evacuate. I gave my tonsils a hearty handshake and took Ralph to the toilet. The smell of regurgitated tequila ruined the stuff for me. I love it, but just a whiff turns my stomach.

To end a long, and somewhat embarrassing story I ate breakfast downed three bottles of Gatorade on the way to the track and spent the day next to the wall right next to the starting line. I was exhausted, but it was a beautiful day.

PS. I sat down once and calculated how much I drank over an approximate ten hour period. Here it is as best as I can recall:

metequila.JPG
This is my favorite part, “back at the hotel it was time to relax” :o after reading how much you already had :lol: . Then I realized that was the 2019 me reading that. The 2003 me may have been right there with you.

The 2019 me just had a little Tullamore DEW and hopped on the watch forum. “Party on Wayne!!!”
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
You asked for it.... [emoji38]

metequila.JPG
[/quote]That's amazing. The sheer quantity of liquor is astounding. If I were a medical professional, I would have used the 2003 version of you as a study to see exactly how much liquor the human body can tolerate. Truly impressive. Using a luggage cart to take you back was a pro move though.

I am sad to hear that you can no longer indulge in the tequila since I think now you are in a place where you could appreciate the finer tequilas.

Anyways, I am glad I asked as that was a great read and thanks for sharing MoT. One of these days I will take the time to post a Dub Rubb story.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 pm If I were a medical professional, I would have used the 2003 version of you as a study to see exactly how much liquor the human body can tolerate.
I can still consume eye popping amounts. I've always been able to metabolize it very efficiently.

Every summer I attend www.powercruiseusa.com. It's three days of track sessions, drag racing, drifting, burn outs, etc, and three nights of partying. I'm usually done driving around noon and spend the afternoon watching all the other cars. Starting at about 2 or 3 I'll dip in to the beer coolers at the RV and by 2am I've probably tipped back 20-30.

I wake up at 8 the next morning like I hadn't had anything other than soda, and start all over again.

I'd like to say I'm not boasting. I honestly rarely drink. Normally a six pack will last me a month. I just seem to go all out when it's my buddies and I away from home for a few days. :lol:

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 pm If I were a medical professional, I would have used the 2003 version of you as a study to see exactly how much liquor the human body can tolerate.
I can still consume eye popping amounts. I've always been able to metabolize it very efficiently.

Every summer I attend www.powercruiseusa.com. It's three days of track sessions, drag racing, drifting, burn outs, etc, and three nights of partying. I'm usually done driving around noon and spend the afternoon watching all the other cars. Starting at about 2 or 3 I'll dip in to the beer coolers at the RV and by 2am I've probably tipped back 20-30.

I wake up at 8 the next morning like I hadn't had anything other than soda, and start all over again.

I'd like to say I'm not boasting. I honestly rarely drink. Normally a six pack will last me a month. I just seem to go all out when it's my buddies and I away from home for a few days. [emoji38]
You sir are an impressive specimen. Being from Louisiana and attending LSU, I have seen many such as yourself. But I believe you may be the champion of them all.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:

I'd like to say I'm not boasting. I honestly rarely drink. Normally a six pack will last me a month. I just seem to go all out when it's my buddies and I away from home for a few days. :lol:
20-30 of what beers? I can probably do 20 bud lights. 20 Sierra Nevadas and I’m in the hospital for days, or dead.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:28 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

20-30 of what beers? I can probably do 20 bud lights. 20 Sierra Nevadas and I’m in the hospital for days, or dead.
A mish-mash of local and regional craft beers, but mostly Hamm's, a plain old American Lager.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:

A mish-mash of local and regional craft beers, but mostly Hamm's, a plain old American Lager.
It’s still putting them down. Impressive.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:12 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

It’s still putting them down. Impressive.
It isn't anything I'm proud of or boastful about.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

No alcohol tonight. But did you know!?!

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:No alcohol tonight. But did you know!?!

100% of the people who read this post just tested their own nasal breathing lol. I feel like the majority of the inhalation is indeed through one nostril, but their is still some going in through the other. Overall I think I am in the 85%.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I am sure you guys are sick of seeing this watch by now, I will be sure to switch it up when I get home.

Anyways, here is the NTH Renegade and a Stone Ghost Hammer IPA. Solid IPA and watch.