We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by CVP33 »

recapt wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 pm
CVP33 wrote:3 'new to me' Seikos

Pogue Chronograph

That Pogue is especially fantastic. Looks mint. Congrats on them all!
Definitely a redial, refurb’d piece at $400.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I just posted this on the Heads Up, and for $9.20 I couldn't resist.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 11.28.41 PM.png
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I bid and won on my own vintage watch deal...overbid a bit what the hell:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=677&start=60#p22191

Also got a pretty good deal on this:

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm drowning in watches lately so I probably shouldn't keep buying but I just couldn't resist this killer deal. Plus I'm just a sucker for Seiko divers and yet I've never owned a Samurai before. So I'm happy to report I've got a SRPC07 orange Seiko Sammy incoming. I think I might be putting this one on a rubber strap. I had $30 in Macy's money left over from my Bulova Computron purchase which brought the price down to $180 or $192.60 after tax. Plus I earned another $40 in Macy's Money towards a future purchase and will be getting $16.80 cash back from RetailMeNot. Shout out to [mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] for the heads up a couple days ago. And also to [mention]uvalaw2005[/mention] for the excellent photography below.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:42 am I bid and won on my own vintage watch deal...overbid a bit what the hell:

Nice purchase! I used to own one of these with the champagne dial but the dial and case were nowhere near this clean. Mine was all scratched up with some brass showing. Do you think this one is NOS or has the case been re-chromed?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

yinzburgher wrote:I'm drowning in watches lately so I probably shouldn't keep buying but I just couldn't resist this killer deal. Plus I'm just a sucker for Seiko divers and yet I've never owned a Samurai before. So I'm happy to report I've got a SRPC07 orange Seiko Sammy incoming. I think I might be putting this one on a rubber strap. I had $30 in Macy's money left over from my Bulova Computron purchase which brought the price down to $180 or $192.60 after tax. Plus I earned another $40 in Macy's Money towards a future purchase and will be getting $16.80 cash back from RetailMeNot. Shout out to [mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] for the heads up a couple days ago. And also to [mention]uvalaw2005[/mention] for the excellent photography below.

I bought my orange samurai last summer. It's such an awesome watch and wears quite well for the size
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:I'm drowning in watches lately so I probably shouldn't keep buying but I just couldn't resist this killer deal. Plus I'm just a sucker for Seiko divers and yet I've never owned a Samurai before. So I'm happy to report I've got a SRPC07 orange Seiko Sammy incoming. I think I might be putting this one on a rubber strap. I had $30 in Macy's money left over from my Bulova Computron purchase which brought the price down to $180 or $192.60 after tax. Plus I earned another $40 in Macy's Money towards a future purchase and will be getting $16.80 cash back from RetailMeNot. Shout out to [mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] for the heads up a couple days ago. And also to [mention]uvalaw2005[/mention] for the excellent photography below.

I bought my orange samurai last summer. It's such an awesome watch and wears quite well for the size
I'd love one of these

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:I'm drowning in watches lately so I probably shouldn't keep buying but I just couldn't resist this killer deal. Plus I'm just a sucker for Seiko divers and yet I've never owned a Samurai before. So I'm happy to report I've got a SRPC07 orange Seiko Sammy incoming. I think I might be putting this one on a rubber strap. I had $30 in Macy's money left over from my Bulova Computron purchase which brought the price down to $180 or $192.60 after tax. Plus I earned another $40 in Macy's Money towards a future purchase and will be getting $16.80 cash back from RetailMeNot. Shout out to @BillionaireDoors for the heads up a couple days ago. And also to @uvalaw2005 for the excellent photography below.

I'd love one of these

Ditto
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:42 am I bid and won on my own vintage watch deal...overbid a bit what the hell:

Nice purchase! I used to own one of these with the champagne dial but the dial and case were nowhere near this clean. Mine was all scratched up with some brass showing. Do you think this one is NOS or has the case been re-chromed?
This one was a true NOS...bought and put into storage with others by a collector. Hard to find watches that go this route, but still some out there.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 pm I'm drowning in watches lately so I probably shouldn't keep buying but I just couldn't resist this killer deal. Plus I'm just a sucker for Seiko divers and yet I've never owned a Samurai before. So I'm happy to report I've got a SRPC07 orange Seiko Sammy incoming. I think I might be putting this one on a rubber strap. I had $30 in Macy's money left over from my Bulova Computron purchase which brought the price down to $180 or $192.60 after tax. Plus I earned another $40 in Macy's Money towards a future purchase and will be getting $16.80 cash back from RetailMeNot. Shout out to @BillionaireDoors for the heads up a couple days ago. And also to @uvalaw2005 for the excellent photography below.

Wears really well on an Isofrane style or the Crafter Blue that is custom designed for the Samurai.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Edit: Well, scratch this. Just like my SKXA35 order, this one was TGTBT. I actually got a call from PurchaseDirect after emailing them for an explanation. They told me that they never had this in stock and that Walmart messed up the SKU number so this listing was actually supposed to be for a blue dial quartz Movado. Disappointed but on the positive side I am glad they didn't just send me the wrong item and burden me with having to return a watch.

I've never owned a Movado before but that is about to change. Found it for $350 on walmart's site. This one will almost certainly be going on leather. For some reason, purchasing a mechanical chronograph always gives me a sense of unease that I don't usually get when buying a 3-hander. But at this lower than normal price it isn't bothering me too much. Plus, look at that panda goodness....

Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

yinzburgher wrote:I've never owned a Movado before but that is about to change. Found it for $350 on walmart's site. This one will almost certainly be going on leather. For some reason, purchasing a mechanical chronograph always gives me a sense of unease that I don't usually get when buying a 3-hander. But at this lower than normal price it isn't bothering me too much. Plus, look at that panda goodness....

Not many Movado I would own, but I would happily own this one. Love the panda

Insta me: bbrou33
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:36 am I've never owned a Movado before but that is about to change. Found it for $350 on walmart's site. This one will almost certainly be going on leather. For some reason, purchasing a mechanical chronograph always gives me a sense of unease that I don't usually get when buying a 3-hander. But at this lower than normal price it isn't bothering me too much. Plus, look at that panda goodness....

Normally not a fan of date windows, but I like how they have that one at 12.
Best of luck on the deal!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:36 am I've never owned a Movado before but that is about to change. Found it for $350 on walmart's site. This one will almost certainly be going on leather. For some reason, purchasing a mechanical chronograph always gives me a sense of unease that I don't usually get when buying a 3-hander. But at this lower than normal price it isn't bothering me too much. Plus, look at that panda goodness....

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Nice looking watch that is. I really like the styling on the date window and how the "chronos" intersect each other.