We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Post by yinzburgher »

Drove a few hours to go see my parents for at least a few days. Wearing my Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical. It's just so thin, light, and comfortable on this canvas strap. Luckily my folks had some Blue Moon and a few other random beers in the basement fridge. No orange to go with the beer but this brand new Orange Samurai that was waiting for me more than makes up for it. So here I sit pretty happy with things......with my Hammy and my Sammy and my beer.

ImageImage
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:Drove a few hours to go see my parents for at least a few days. Wearing my Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical. It's just so thin, light, and comfortable on this canvas strap. Luckily my folks had some Blue Moon and a few other random beers in the basement fridge. No orange to go with the beer but this brand new Orange Samurai that was waiting for me more than makes up for it. So here I sit pretty happy with things......with my Hammy and my Sammy and my beer.

ImageImage
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:Drove a few hours to go see my parents for at least a few days. Wearing my Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical. It's just so thin, light, and comfortable on this canvas strap. Luckily my folks had some Blue Moon and a few other random beers in the basement fridge. No orange to go with the beer but this brand new Orange Samurai that was waiting for me more than makes up for it. So here I sit pretty happy with things......with my Hammy and my Sammy and my beer.

ImageImage
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".

If you flip it for free, I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Sun, BBQ, Goose Beer and Bronze Davosa. 8-)
Last edited by Animal Mother on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Workin’ on that Rolex Flip Challenge, eh? ;)
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Back on topic, wearing the FFF mod I purchased that got me interested in modding myself. This may be on the chopping block soon as it hasn't seen wrist time in months. Maybe wearing it today will change my mind. Here it is on a Sailcloth strap alongside some nap fuel.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

Last edited by Dub Rubb on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

Love the Lagunitas Squale Ale!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

So this runs in the family? Very cool!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:

It definitely does! My Dad is the one who got me into watches when he gave me my first Seiko a few years ago. He had no idea the monster he was creating.

He is a certified WIS though (I think anyone with more than one SKX, an Oceanus, a Squale, a Vostok and a Conquest VHP and many more is qualified!) and it is really fun to have someone to talk watches with in real life. He is always up to date on the new releases, and is stoked that now I can find him smoking deals thanks to this place! You better believe he runs every potential purchase by me first.

Last edited by Dub Rubb on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm
watchpalooza wrote:

Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?
I may or may not have a similar "couple grand in BNIB watches" problem. I really need to do something about it. It's getting out of hand. :?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:
watchpalooza wrote:
I may or may not have a similar "couple grand in BNIB watches" problem. I really need to do something about it. It's getting out of hand. :?
It's nice to know I am not alone in having this problem. I buy a watch, open it, realize that it is too big for me/don't love the lugs etc. and back in the box it goes. I still like it, but not enough to lower it's value by wearing it.

Back on topic, here is my SKX that I thought I lost along with a few others and then found my travel roll today.

So relieved.
ImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm
Split-Time wrote:

It definitely does! My Dad is the one who got me into watches when he gave me my first Seiko a few years ago. He had no idea the monster he was creating.

He is a certified WIS though (I think anyone with more than one SKX, an Oceanus, a Squale, a Vostok and a Conquest VHP and many more is qualified!) and it is really fun to have someone to talk watches with in real life. He is always up to date on the new releases, and is stoked that now I can find him smoking deals thanks to this place! You better believe he runs every potential purchase by me first.

That's awesome. My father stopped wearing a watch when he started carrying a cell phone...I did too, to be honest. We gave him a pretty sharp Citizen eco-drive for father's day last year. I can't tell if he really wears it or just puts it on when he knows he is going to see me :lol: .

My uncle is a one watch man. He has been wearing a two tone Rolex sub since 1987. He used it as his dive watch for many years. It's too blingy for my taste, but any picture of him since 1987 you know he is wearing it, which I find really cool. He is great to talk watches with.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:21 am
yinzburgher wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?
It's nice to know I am not alone in having this problem. I buy a watch, open it, realize that it is too big for me/don't love the lugs etc. and back in the box it goes. I still like it, but not enough to lower it's value by wearing it.

Back on topic, here is my SKX that I thought I lost along with a few others and then found my travel roll today.

So relieved.
Image[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... ef3c24.jpg[/IMG" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20190624</span><span>/</span><span>d116bf5fb2c62796c2a732822529ce4c</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span><span>][</span><span>IMG</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20190624</span><span>/</span><span>6943669efd45ee0bb7de9bae24ef3c24</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span></a>]

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:00 pm
watchpalooza wrote:

Well, if either of you need a place to send some of those unused, unloved watches for you know, *ahem* evaluation purposes, I may know a guy. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody