Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
bb_sub
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by bb_sub »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
"I've been in touch with legal counsel. There will be a cease & desist letter sent to the blog's author"

That's a dick move in my opinion if he's serious. Not a fan of NTH now even if he wasn't part of it.
Why? His name and company is now tied in with all of this because someone used his forum name in an incorporation document.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Here is why you shouldn't buy a Ginault watch, and more reasons why WUS is shady

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

bb_sub wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
"I've been in touch with legal counsel. There will be a cease & desist letter sent to the blog's author"

That's a dick move in my opinion if he's serious. Not a fan of NTH now even if he wasn't part of it.
Why? His name and company is now tied in with all of this because someone used his forum name in an incorporation document.
Yeah that's fair I guess. I just think the author put a lot of genuine work into this research and it's not his fault NTH name's may have been used against him. Maybe the article can just be edited, I just think a cease and desist doesn't solve anything
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

He must have been involved as he stated that he back out of their arrangement!
bb_sub
MoT Member

Post by bb_sub »

tjcdas wrote:He must have been involved as he stated that he back out of their arrangement!
What?

He said that TC used his old address that he stopped using 2 years ago on the filings.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I knew I was never going to buy a Ginault because they were too pricey, but mostly because they looked like a Rolex sub.
This just adds frosting to that cake.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
barutanseijin

Post by barutanseijin »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:15 pm

That's Doc Vail, for ya. Going on the offensive to shut down the bearer of bad news.

I don't get why he has the benefit of the doubt.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I will say the mention of Doc Vail in the article came as a Shyamalan twist. I don't know him personally, but from following the WUS thread about his brand, he comes across as a straight shooter. He doesn't make 1 to 1 copies of subs and will fight anyone over the benefits of a Japanese movement over Swiss, so don't see how a secret connection to Gilnault benefits him or how he's positioned NTH. Also not surprised he will go hard to defend himself. My opinion, of course.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

In my opinion,he has to defend his brand (NTH) as that’s his source of income

I also don’t know him personally,but from his posts on WUS,I think he has integrity and won’t jeopardize his own brand over this so called “bad company”

That other person whose (forum) name got dragged into the mess however...I don’t know him personally but looking at the way he handled problems in the forum,seems dictator-like....I don’t know how he’ll handle this,probably by deleting the threads in his forum? Let’s see the development within these few days....
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

With respect to Vail and Bo, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to ten.

I don't know Chris Vail personally, only from his WUS posts. I don't own any NTH watches and am not likely to, not because of Doc, but because I'm not really a Sub guy and they're just out of my price range. They seem like decent watches and people like them, so good for him.

While he can be a little abrasive sometimes, I don't get the impression that he's anything but honest about his business. There's no physical signature linking him to this mess, just an electronic one. Similarly, I'm not a fan of CMSgtBo, but it looks like he's been smeared here also. Both of them should be getting lawyers involved, and that's just what Vail is doing. I'd be doing the same.

As for the rest of it, the part about TC and Ginault? Yeah. Wow. As our gracious host said, Ho. Lee. Crap. Get popcorn.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I read 95% of this this morning bit had to leave for work. Then I get home and open tapatalk and things got crazy!! I stopped right before the NTH and WUS mod signatures, but that came out of left field!

I personally don't think either of them had anything to do with it, but it really makes me question the initial use of their names if TC forged the documents. A bone to pick? Maybe, but who else other than this guy would ever even look at those?

Moreover, I can clearly see similarities(obviously) between the Ginault and fake Rolexes. The NTHs however, way different case and a Miyota movement lead me to believe those watches have nothing to do with the ones mentioned in the article. I may just be subliminally justifying my own NTH, but whatever.

It is a weird situation for sure, and I feel the author may have a vested interest in slamming both of them. However, the research done on the initial subject of TC/Ginault was insane and really eye opening. Thanks for sharing (and not censoring MoT)!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Time to go buy a Ginault, BRB.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

larand wrote:With respect to Vail and Bo, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to ten.

I don't know Chris Vail personally, only from his WUS posts. I don't own any NTH watches and am not likely to, not because of Doc, but because I'm not really a Sub guy and they're just out of my price range. They seem like decent watches and people like them, so good for him.

While he can be a little abrasive sometimes, I don't get the impression that he's anything but honest about his business. There's no physical signature linking him to this mess, just an electronic one. Similarly, I'm not a fan of CMSgtBo, but it looks like he's been smeared here also. Both of them should be getting lawyers involved, and that's just what Vail is doing. I'd be doing the same.

As for the rest of it, the part about TC and Ginault? Yeah. Wow. As our gracious host said, Ho. Lee. Crap. Get popcorn.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
And that's the gist of it, if that document is legit, then those two parties have been aggrieved and should principally go after the party who committed the fraud, not just trying to squash the information released, while certainly seeking a correction of assigned blame by the author.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Dub Rubb wrote:

Why? Cause it's just like a fake Rolex?

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

interesting reads. saving to pdf to read later.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

PetWatch wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:

Why? Cause it's just like a fake Rolex?

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment, but a point was also raised that he got so good at making fakes, his own "homages" are of very good quality. Now the practices that led up to this dissuay me from purchasing, but I feel like they might be one heck of a value if you can get past the super shady history and dubious practices. I, myself, probably cannot. But for those who can. . .

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Holy moly, Batman. If anyone hasn‘t read through the link in the OP with the forensic evidence, grab a coffee and do it....mind blowing.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr