We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
pgcity
MoT Member

Re: 2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by pgcity »

Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow . link to watch https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c1-moonglow-range
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
Moon is coated with Grade X1 GL C1 Super-LumiNova

info on movement copied from site:
Using the ETA 2836-2 as a base, the date wheel, along with its spring-loading assembly, have been stripped out and replaced by four further wheels to drive the moon disc, with two more required for the setting mechanism. The result is a smooth perpetual action that sees the moon arc gracefully across the star-filled night sky, and if kept wound, Calibre JJ04 will remain accurate to a day every 128 years.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Seiko Prospex Fieldmaster Lowercase Beams Edition . Limited to 500 units at JPY 28,080 / almost USD 260. link here https://www.beams.co.jp/item/bprbeams/w ... 480578784/

Info(after running through Google Translate):

The traditional emergency color of the diver model is adopted, and a poppy and impactable timepiece like <BEAMS (Beams)> is completed. It combines a solar digital movement that reproduces the number font of the world's first 6-digit display digital watch with a 20 bar waterproof case that uses its own outer body protector structure that enhances shock resistance. Most of the push buttons are laid out on the left side of the case to prevent accidental operation and prevent movement of the wrist.
We adopt solar digital caliber S802 equipped with backlight function of tap method that EL light turns on by tapping light on the watch front (glass) and dual time function. Orange × white looks, serial number and "BEAMS LIMITED EDITION" back lid imprint, in a finish that further enhances the special feeling. It is a bespoke field watch with a new sense that combines a classical look with a unique outer body protector structure.

-Limited number: 500
※ You can not choose the serial number. Please note.

[Specifications and functions]
and drive system: solar
glass material: hardlex
and accuracy: ± 20 seconds per month difference
Case Size: Height 49.9mm × 49.5mm × horizontal thickness 14.1Mm
- Weight: 80G
· rotating bezel
· 4 screw fixed back lid
· power save function
· stopwatch function (1/10 second measurement 10 hours meter)
· lap memory function (up to 100)
-Alarm function (daily alarm 3ch)
-Timer function
-Fully automatic calendar function (until December 31, 2067)-World
time function (44 cities)
-Sound demo function
-Power generation level, battery level display function

* For daily life It is waterproof (20 bar water resistance), but it is not a diver's watch. Please refrain from use in diving.

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pgcity wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm Richard Le Grand Atlanticus Diver. LIMITED LAUNCH SPECIAL: USD219( usual price is going to be 250USD)
The offer ends in July. No pre-orders required. Link to website https://www.richardlegrand.com/shop

Movement
NH35A Automatic Movement

Water Resistance
200 meters / 660 feet

Luminousity
BGW9 Blue on hands and indexes

Crystal
Sapphire coated boxed mineral with anti-reflective coating

Bezel Features
Internal rotating dive bezel (set via 2H crown)

Case Back
3D Stamped

Strap
Stitched, padded embossed genuine leather strap with quick release mechanism

Dimensions
Case Diameter 42mm
Case Thickness (without crystal) 10.5mm
Case Thickness (with crystal) 12.5mm
Lug to Lug 48mm
Lug Width 22mm

RLG1.jpg
RLG2.jpg
RLG4.jpg
RLG3.jpg
Did anybody get the watch? Review just out and it's not good. i really like the pastel blue but after watching the review, "Regretabbly Less Good" as coined by reviewer Jody of JOMW. Link to video below:

mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

pgcity wrote:
pgcity wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm Richard Le Grand Atlanticus Diver. LIMITED LAUNCH SPECIAL: USD219( usual price is going to be 250USD)
The offer ends in July. No pre-orders required. Link to website https://www.richardlegrand.com/shop

Movement
NH35A Automatic Movement

Water Resistance
200 meters / 660 feet

Luminousity

Crystal

Bezel Features

Case Back
3D Stamped

Strap

Dimensions
Case Diameter 42mm
Lug to Lug 48mm
Lug Width 22mm

RLG1.jpg
RLG2.jpg
RLG4.jpg
RLG3.jpg
Did anybody get the watch? Review just out and it's not good. i really like the pastel blue but after watching the review, "Regretabbly Less Good" as coined by reviewer Jody of JOMW. Link to video below:

Thanks for posting. That’s unfortunate, particularly since he had the same issue on all three. I could understand if they were pre-production but Jody typically makes a point of saying so if that’s the case. Somebody on the other forum said they purchased one and don’t have the bezel issue but 1 out of 4 doesn’t instill much confidence.

I had my eye on this on this since I’ve been looking for a light blue or mint dial over 40mm to mix thing up a bit but I guess I’ll have to keep searching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

mrb12186 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:55 am
pgcity wrote:

Movement
NH35A Automatic Movement

Water Resistance
200 meters / 660 feet

Luminousity

Crystal

Bezel Features

Case Back
3D Stamped

Strap

Dimensions
Case Diameter 42mm
Lug to Lug 48mm
Lug Width 22mm

RLG1.jpg
RLG2.jpg
RLG4.jpg
RLG3.jpg

Thanks for posting. That’s unfortunate, particularly since he had the same issue on all three. I could understand if they were pre-production but Jody typically makes a point of saying so if that’s the case. Somebody on the other forum said they purchased one and don’t have the bezel issue but 1 out of 4 doesn’t instill much confidence.

I had my eye on this on this since I’ve been looking for a light blue or mint dial over 40mm to mix thing up a bit but I guess I’ll have to keep searching.

Yes, a shame. Responses on their facebook page and via email to questions take days too. Starting to sound like a one hit wonder.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Dan Henry has a new Chronograph coming out in a few days. https://danhenrywatches.com/
unnamed.gif
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

There is a new microbrand called Haven coming out of the Midwest US with a very unique offering. Their vintage-inspired Chilton chronograph features a newly developed Sellita hand-wound chronograph movement, twisted lugs, a 3 register yacht-timer design with either a decimal scale or pulsometer scale depending on which of the two color dials you choose. The Chilton can be ordered form the Haven site for $1799 with shipping beginning in August.

LINK TO THE HAVEN CHILTON CHRONOGRAPH

ABOUT HAVEN - OUR STORY

@havenwatchco INSTAGRAM

Specifictions
Diameter: 37.5mm
Lug to lug: 47mm
Lug width: 18mm
Dial: Blue dial w/ decimal scale or White dial w/ pulsation scale
Height: 13mm including domed crystal
Material: 316L Stainless steel with a titanium case back
Water resistance: 30m
Movement: Mechanical hand-winding Sellita SW510M ***
Frequency: 28,800 beats per hour, or 4Hz
Power reserve: 58 hours
Strap: Steel bracelet w/ quick-release clasp and choice of leather strap
Price: $1799 USD

GEAR PATROL ARTICLE

WATCHES BY SJX ARTICLE

***A Sellita SW500 is basically a clone of the ETA / Valjoux 7750. The Sellita SW510 is a SW500 modified for an arguably more aesthetically pleasing 3,6,9 subdial formation. The newly developed Sellita SW510M (M for manual) hand-wound chronograph movement is basically a SW510 modified to remove the automatic winding mechanism (get rid of the rotor). So this subdial layout may be different, but it sounds like this is more or less a clone of a Valjoux 7760? Also, look for another upcoming article/review from Fratello Watches.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mconlonx

Post by mconlonx »

NTH has three new designs due out "late Summer," the Tikuna, Commando Amphion, and Vanguard. I prefer 12hr bezels, and the Vanguard has one in blue, to complement the blue sunray dial, while the Commando sports a stainless 12hr/countdown combo. Not listed on their site, yet, but short vids released on IG.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

3 new rectangle watches coming soon from Geckota, the R-01 Vintage Style Dress Watch, PVD "Night Black" and the Regular version. 14 variants in total. All priced at £199.00 / USD 250 each. Link to sign up on updates for both below:

Vintage Style here https://www.geckota.com/geckota-r-01-re ... ress-watch
Night Black here https://www.geckota.com/geckota-r-01-dr ... lack-watch
Regular version https://www.geckota.com/geckota-r-01-re ... ress-watch

CASE DIAMETER
24.6mm Tapering To 23mm

MOVEMENT
Miyota 2025 Quartz

GLASS
Flat Sapphire Crystal

WATER RESISTANCE
5 ATM

STRAP
Genuine Calf Leather

CASE
Solid 316L Stainless Steel

CASE THICKNESS
6.9mm

LUG-TO-LUG LENGTH
40.2mm

LUG WIDTH
18mm

Vintage Style versions

Night Black versions

Regular versions
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Posted this in the news thread, but may be a better fit here. Seiko to re-release the 1978 Quartz Saturation Diver

https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/ ... ecreation/

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/seiko-19 ... ers-watch/
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

pgcity wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:30 am 3 new rectangle watches coming soon from Geckota, the R-01 Vintage Style Dress Watch, PVD "Night Black" and the Regular version. 14 variants in total. All priced at £199.00 / USD 250 each. Link to sign up on updates for both below:

Vintage Style here https://www.geckota.com/geckota-r-01-re ... ress-watch
Night Black here https://www.geckota.com/geckota-r-01-dr ... lack-watch
Regular version https://www.geckota.com/geckota-r-01-re ... ress-watch

CASE DIAMETER
24.6mm Tapering To 23mm

MOVEMENT
Miyota 2025 Quartz

GLASS
Flat Sapphire Crystal

WATER RESISTANCE
5 ATM

STRAP
Genuine Calf Leather

CASE
Solid 316L Stainless Steel

CASE THICKNESS
6.9mm

LUG-TO-LUG LENGTH
40.2mm

LUG WIDTH
18mm

Vintage Style versions

Night Black versions

Regular versions

I dig the new font.
Sounds like they may have heard the online forum grumbling.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

pgcity wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 am Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow . link to watch https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c1-moonglow-range

c1.jpg
c2.jpg

Using the ETA 2836-2 as a base, the date wheel, along with its spring-loading assembly, have been stripped out and replaced by four further wheels to drive the moon disc, with two more required for the setting mechanism. The result is a smooth perpetual action that sees the moon arc gracefully across the star-filled night sky, and if kept wound, Calibre JJ04 will remain accurate to a day every 128 years.
That's an incredibly beautiful watch. The detailed moon is just stunning. A pity I'll never own one at the asking price.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

cortman wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:26 pm
pgcity wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 am Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow . link to watch https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c1-moonglow-range

c1.jpg
c2.jpg

That's an incredibly beautiful watch. The detailed moon is just stunning. A pity I'll never own one at the asking price.
It might come up on one of the Christopher Ward bigger sales which happen roughly every 6 months aside from the usual £100 discount vouchers that appear regularly or setup an alert on watchrecon/watchpatrol to be notified if comes on for sale.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pgcity wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:37 pm
mrb12186 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:55 am
pgcity wrote:

Yes, a shame. Responses on their facebook page and via email to questions take days too. Starting to sound like a one hit wonder.
Looks like the company is taking the feedback positively and will address them plus offer a free exchange to any customers facing the issues.
Screencap from pinned comment on JOMW Youtube channel
RLG.jpg
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pgcity wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:15 pm Dan Henry has a new Chronograph coming out in a few days. https://danhenrywatches.com/

unnamed.gif
Dan Henry 1962 Racing Chronograph. Priced at USD 260 Limited to 1962 pieces.
chron.jpg
The blue and orange looks good in my opinion

I like the caseback

Specs:
CASE
39mm stainless steel 316L
13.5mm thickness
20mm lug width
45.9mm lug to lug
Screw-back case

DIAL
Matte white with black sub dial, panda, 60-min chronograph, 24 hour indicator and LumiNova® lume

CRYSTAL
K1 mineral glass double domed with anti-reflective treatment

MOVEMENT
Seiko (Japan) caliber VK63
meca-quartz with smooth motion
center chrono hand and instant reset.
Instructions manual
WATER RESISTANT
Depth 50 meters - 165 feet