We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Shnoop.com

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Shnoop.com

Post by yinzburgher »

I placed an order on Shnoop.com for a Seiko SKXA35 back on 4/3. I paid with Paypal. I didn't have to fill out any anti-fraud protection form. I got notice that the item shipped on 4/4. On 4/8 I noticed the item never made it into the possession of USPS so I emailed CS. They got back to me on 4/10 saying that the item was not in stock. I emailed back twice to make sure they knew that I wanted my money refunded ASAP. I was refunded the full amount on 4/12. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this company but I would love to know what others experiences have been, whether good, bad, or indifferent. I notice they have good feedback on ebay. It may just be a matter of not keeping their website up to date.

https://www.shnoop.com/

https://www.ebay.com/usr/shnoopcom
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Shnoop.com

Post by TheJohnP »

Haven't seen anything listed that has tempted me to pull the trigger.

I have been in the situation where I see that an item has been "shipped," only to find out that the shipping label has been printed.
Wonder if they order from the manufacturer or vendor after an order has been placed through their system?
Sucks either way.

What would irk me the most is for you to have to reach out to them to find out that your order was no longer in stock, instead of them being on their game and letting you know any problems with your order.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:I placed an order on Shnoop.com for a Seiko SKXA35 back on 4/3. I paid with Paypal. I didn't have to fill out any anti-fraud protection form. I got notice that the item shipped on 4/4. On 4/8 I noticed the item never made it into the possession of USPS so I emailed CS. They got back to me on 4/10 saying that the item was not in stock. I emailed back twice to make sure they knew that I wanted my money refunded ASAP. I was refunded the full amount on 4/12. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this company but I would love to know what others experiences have been, whether good, bad, or indifferent. I notice they have good feedback on ebay. It may just be a matter of not keeping their website up to date.

Damn, I was gonna start working some angles to get that SKXA35 into my possesion for a reasonable price lol. Sucks that it didn't go through, I was hoping we had a whole new avenue for deal hunting. Hopefully this was just a fluke.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:06 am
yinzburgher wrote:I placed an order on Shnoop.com for a Seiko SKXA35 back on 4/3. I paid with Paypal. I didn't have to fill out any anti-fraud protection form. I got notice that the item shipped on 4/4. On 4/8 I noticed the item never made it into the possession of USPS so I emailed CS. They got back to me on 4/10 saying that the item was not in stock. I emailed back twice to make sure they knew that I wanted my money refunded ASAP. I was refunded the full amount on 4/12. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this company but I would love to know what others experiences have been, whether good, bad, or indifferent. I notice they have good feedback on ebay. It may just be a matter of not keeping their website up to date.

Damn, I was gonna start working some angles to get that SKXA35 into my possesion for a reasonable price lol. Sucks that it didn't go through, I was hoping we had a whole new avenue for deal hunting. Hopefully this was just a fluke.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Ha! This was gonna be your watch one day! Yea, I'm disappointed. I was excited for this one. I had already ordered a NATO to go with it. I'll probably just try to eventually score a similar yellow dial to mod an SKX to look like this one. It will be easier than tracking down an actual SKXA35 at a reasonable price. I'm hoping some people are able to receive their orders from Shnoop and document it here. Until then I'm not sure I should post any deals from there.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Over the years I've read plenty of negative comments about Shnoop on Slickdeals. I think I bought something from them several years ago however I can not remember what it was. The only email I can find in my history is a back and forth of me trying to figure out why the order confirmation they sent made no mention of what I actually ordered, asking them to confirm what I ordered(which I have no record they ever did), if the order went through and why it wasn't showing up in my account.

I would say only buy if your confident in your method of payment backing you in case of issues.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
minchomexa

Post by minchomexa »

Yep having the same issues with these people. Ordering a Seiko only for them to tell me was out of stock... so they refunded me. Later it back in stock! So I have to do the fraud verification.... and I kid you not.... have sent over 30 emails, started filing a complaint with PayPal and suddenly today I get an email and everything sorted and they will ship it promptly hahaha I will report if I ever get anything back ,hopefully a watch
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

minchomexa wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 pm Yep having the same issues with these people. Ordering a Seiko only for them to tell me was out of stock... so they refunded me. Later it back in stock! So I have to do the fraud verification.... and I kid you not.... have sent over 30 emails, started filing a complaint with PayPal and suddenly today I get an email and everything sorted and they will ship it promptly hahaha I will report if I ever get anything back ,hopefully a watch
And I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones. There were others over in the deals thread that said they didn't get their items. And I'm certain there must have been lurkers that bought from Shnoop as well but so far nobody active on the forum has reported actually landing a watch. I have the notion there is something a little more tricky going on rather than sheer incompetence. I'm glad I used PayPal rather than another form of payment. I would have been ecstatic with an SKXA35 for $150 but I'm not so sure it is worth the risk of dealing with them. And I certainly don't wanna send 30 emails. :lol:
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

For future reference here is what has been posted recently in the deals thread.

[mention]rich_in_the_lou[/mention]
I am having issues with shnoop (non watch related) CS is impossible. I would advise against dealing with them
[mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention]
Speaking of fishy, my Shnoop order still hasn't been given to USPS a week after getting the tracking number.
[mention]Mikksteel[/mention]
I never received the one I ordered the last time they had it at this price and am still waiting to see the refund they said they issued on 4/24. I'd advise steering clear of Shnoop.
[mention]minchomexa[/mention]
Still waiting on watch (or refund!) Been dealing with them close to a month now. "Noop" on shnoop.com
[mention]yinzburgher[/mention]
I definitely won't be posting any more deals from them until someone can actually say they have received a watch from them. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=618 I guess I was lucky to have my PayPal account refunded. I hope you get your money back soon. At this point I really think there is something a bit nefarious going on. It is occurring too often to be incompetence. For the brave souls that keep trying to order from them, you might want to cross-check what they say they have in stock with what their ebay store shows is in stock. https://www.ebay.com/sch/Wristwatches/3 ... =shnoopcom
[mention]testing123[/mention]
Yeah that's not good! I've ordered 4 watches from them, 5 now, in 3 batches. the first 2 batches of 2 watches each both came in, and I got what I expected. All Seikos. They came in a generic cheap Seiko box I have never seen before, but they did come. My input would be that it's worth the risk, pay with Paypal so you have that extra layer of protection and you can go to PP if need be to get your money back if it doesn't arrive. Sounds like they oversold to me in your case...I will report back if I receive this watch
Last edited by yinzburgher on Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikksteel

Post by Mikksteel »

I was finally able to get a refund today from Shnoop for the SKXA I ordered on 4/11, but only after I filed a claim with Amazon Pay where the payment had been routed through.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Interesting follow up to Shnoop that I ran across today.
Looks like they are definitely down, but not sure if they're out.

schnoop.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Nice find. Same with their ebay store.

https://www.ebay.com/str/theshnoopstore ... storecat=1
Screenshot (8).png
And funny you should find this. A few days ago I noticed similarities between Shnoop.com and a seemingly new site called JoySwag.com. So I was looking into that bc I'm a total nerd about this stuff and wanna add it to my list RIGHT HERE. But I got tired and went to bed. Some time the next day the JoySwag site was gone and all that remained was their vendor profile here on Bonanza. Now JoySwag is back up but Shnoop is down. Schnoop didn't exactly have the best reputation. So is this all just a rebranding effort? Have they entered some sort of e-commerce witness protection program? Is it a case of a cyber dissociative fugue? Or are they just plain shady?

Joyswag has an ebay profile HERE where they are not currently selling anything. And HERE you can see that they changed their ebay profile name from shnoopcom to joyswag on 5/17/19. Activity on their FB page here starts on 6/12/19.
Screenshot (10).png

If you browse their watches, you'll see the same inventory that they had on Shnoop, including all the Field & Stream stuff. And I'm guessing they are still up to the same tricks bc I see that they have added a number of Bulova Accu-Swiss models on the JoySwag site that are not up on the Bonanza site. If it's anything like the old site, those are the ones they will take an order for but you never receive.