We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: 2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:49 pm Not sure if these Orient SK (Super King) Diver Retro reissue have been posted. 41.7mm case, caliber F6922, hand wind and hacking, mineral crystal Now available.

Orient.png
Cool! They haven't been posted. I completely missed the announcement for these back in May and only discovered these existed a few days ago. I think they were just released here. Hard to believe they are being discounted already. I really like them. I was gonna say these are Sea Kings not Super Kings and then just read this.
Naturally, the watch was defined by the “SK” emblem on the dial, which, contrary to popular belief stood for “Super King” and not “Sea King”. We’re proud to say that this reissue of the SK Diver is exactly that: a reissue. While this model was first released in the early 1970s, it was actually reissued for the European market about ten years ago. This re-release marks the first time it is available worldwide. The watch has been reproduced to be as close to the original as possible, including the case, the tapered bracelet, and even the studded hour markers. It measures at the same 41.7mm across, which in the ’70s was a bit large. The dial displays the original text, except that it reads “22 Jewels” instead of “21 Jewels”. That’s because the movement has been upgraded to our caliber F6922 with is automatic, hand-winding, and hacking.
https://www.orientwatchusa.com/search?type=product&q=sk

I wish they would have gone for a lighter color blue but I like the other 2 colors.

Perhaps they went a little too retro with these. The dial color band doesn't appeal to me, not commonly used. It's appeal doesn't seem to be widespread, though certainly a standout for those who like it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

CVP33 wrote:Spinnaker Hull Chronograph VK64 aka Mechaquartz with sweeping second hand. Yup, I'll buy it $200. Definitely feeling Panerai Daylight chrono homage......not a bad thing.

Panerai without a crown guard? Not even close.

synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

Radiomir 1940 chrono usually come with two registers,only the ones with CG have 3 registers chrono
yellowbear
MoT Member

Post by yellowbear »

Traska just released a teaser of their next model, the Summiteer. 38mm diameter / 48mm lug to lug / 10mm thick / 20mm lugs / Miyota 9039 (no date)

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B09BeEQH7Pq/

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm
CVP33 wrote:Spinnaker Hull Chronograph VK64 aka Mechaquartz with sweeping second hand. Yup, I'll buy it $200. Definitely feeling Panerai Daylight chrono homage......not a bad thing.

Panerai without a crown guard? Not even close.

You didn't expect a 1:1 for ~$200 did ya? LOL
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yellowbear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:35 pm Traska just released a teaser of their next model, the Summiteer. 38mm diameter / 48mm lug to lug / 10mm thick / 20mm lugs / Miyota 9039 (no date)

Looks good to me! 3 dial colors; green, blue, and black. 38mm. Miyota 9039 automatic movement. I don't see any other photos on their site. Just the renders at the link below. Pricing appears to be $500. In a couple replies to their Instagram post, Traska says they plan to have it on KickStarter by mid-October and backers should have their watch by January.

LINK TO THE TRASKA SUMMITEER

I think this is the one thing that stands out to me as surprising:
Surgical grade stainless steel is already tough, but the application of our proprietary scratch-resistant coating makes it significantly tougher. Applied to all exterior steel surfaces, the coating prevents your watch from attracting the typical scratches and swirls that occur all too often during the rigors of everyday life. 316L steel measures around 200HV on the Vickers hardness scale — after our hardening treatment, we’re able to achieve a hardness rating of almost 1500HV.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

yinzburgher wrote:
yellowbear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:35 pm Traska just released a teaser of their next model, the Summiteer. 38mm diameter / 48mm lug to lug / 10mm thick / 20mm lugs / Miyota 9039 (no date)

Looks good to me! 3 dial colors; green, blue, and black. 38mm. Miyota 9039 automatic movement. I don't see any other photos on their site. Just the renders at the link below. Pricing appears to be $500. In a couple replies to their Instagram post, Traska says they plan to have it on KickStarter by mid-October and backers should have their watch by January.

Surgical grade stainless steel is already tough, but the application of our proprietary scratch-resistant coating makes it significantly tougher. Applied to all exterior steel surfaces, the coating prevents your watch from attracting the typical scratches and swirls that occur all too often during the rigors of everyday life. 316L steel measures around 200HV on the Vickers hardness scale — after our hardening treatment, we’re able to achieve a hardness rating of almost 1500HV.

That bracelet is like exactly what I want but on an affordable quartz diver. Like the bracelet looks seriously good in those renders
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:20 pm
yinzburgher wrote:

That bracelet is like exactly what I want but on an affordable quartz diver. Like the bracelet looks seriously good in those renders
If its anything like the one that came with the Freediver, than it will not disappoint.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 am Astor + Banks was founded in 2012 by a military veteran with the goal of created unique and modern watches that are influenced by the designs of classic military watches. This new release, the Sea Ranger, is available in 4 variations and can now be pre-ordered on Kickstarter. Super early bird prices started at $575 (now sold out but still available at $650 and up). Estimated delivery is November. The future retail price will be $850. See the Kickstarter page linked below for more details and pre-order prices.

ASTOR + BANKS SEA RANGER PRODUCT PAGE

ASTOR + BANKS ON INSTAGRAM

Details and Specifications
Case material: 316L Stainless steel/DLC with Viton gaskets and screw down crown
Dimensions: 40mm asymmetrical case, 45.5mm lug-to-lug, 13.8mm thickness
Movement: SW200 Adjusted
Power: 38 Hours with automatic winding
Water resistance: 300meter / 30ATM
Dial: Gloss black, matte white, matte blue, matte black
Bezel: 12 hr unidirectional with sapphire insert, DLC with aluminum insert
Crystal: Domed Sapphire w/ AR coating on the underside
Strap: 316L Stainless Steel bracelet (20mmx16mm) with Double locking buckle

WORN & WOUND

GEAR PATROL

THE WRIST WATCH REVIEW

TWO BROKE WATCH SNOBS

LINK TO THE ASTOR + BANKS SEA RANGER THREAD IN THE PRE-ORDER SUBFORUM
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

RJM Bluebird, 334 pieces made from tip of left wing of a Spitfire aircraft.
rjm.jpg
not much on details yet:
https://www.recwatches.com/pages/rjm-bl ... 5jY2QifQ==

link to main website: https://www.recwatches.com/
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The last 3 IG posts from Zodiac are teasing something space related. The people in the comments appear to not know that this page linked below already exists. An upcoming recreation of the Astrographic that was released to celebrate the moon landing. 182 pieces of each style and coming 8/19/19. Not much more info than that at the moment.

LINK TO THE NEW LIMITED EDITION ZODIAC ASTROGRAPHIC

LINK TO ZODIAC'S INSTAGRAM PAGE

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:13 pm The last 3 IG posts from Zodiac are teasing something space related. The people in the comments appear to not know that this page linked below already exists. An upcoming recreation of the Astrographic that was released to celebrate the moon landing. 182 pieces of each style and coming 8/19/19. Not much more info than that at the moment.

LINK TO THE NEW LIMITED EDITION ZODIAC ASTROGRAPHIC

LINK TO ZODIAC'S INSTAGRAM PAGE

Some follow-up to this one. A blog/publication called The Wrist Watch Review has released some more details of the Astrographic ahead of Zodiac's official release on Monday. I find it hard to believe this information was supposed to be released in this manner. I have added the link below and the details and specs of the watch as reported in the WWR write-up.

THE ZODIAC ASTROGRAPHIC IS BACK FROM OUTER SPACE

Brand & Model: Zodiac Astrographic
Price: $1,295
References: ZO6606, ZO6607
MSRP: $1,295
Case size: 40mm x 43mm
Movement: STP-13 automatic
Case material: polished/brushed stainless steel
Attachment: 18mm bracelet
Water resistance: 10 ATM
Limited edition: 182 pieces of each reference being produced
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Timex is adding more to their Automatic/Mechanical lineup. They look nice, I've kinda wanted the Marlin for awhile but like the Waterbury.

https://www.timex.com/browse/collection ... soKlOO_17Q
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Stretch44 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:28 pm Timex is adding more to their Automatic/Mechanical lineup. They look nice, I've kinda wanted the Marlin for awhile but like the Waterbury.

https://www.timex.com/browse/collection ... soKlOO_17Q
Cool. I've been impressed with how quick Timex has been to embrace mechanical watches again. Looks they they are the same movements, base Miyota automatics. Prices starting at $249. Two different case shapes, one 40mm, one 42mm. Gear Patrol has a short article. GP is sometimes not so thorough but surprisingly they often have watch news before a lot of the bigger watch publications.

Timex Is Releasing New Affordable Automatic Watches
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Yeah, that article was on my google feed. I was surprised because I couldn't find anywhere else reporting it. I like the Black 40mm.