We're Moving!

Click for more info.

MoT Logo?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

MoT Logo?

Post by Sporkboy »

I know that Matt as thinking about a logo. I made something really quickly. I don't usually make logos, so please let me know what you think as I can just the feedback.
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 12.14.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 12.16.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 12.25.02 PM.png
MoT
Site Admin

Re: MoT Logo?

Post by MoT »

I'm open to ideas.

If it's something that we can get a consensus on (or that I personally like), I'd likely hand it over to a graphic designer for polishing.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:47 am I'm open to ideas.

If it's something that we can get a consensus on (or that I personally like), I'd likely hand it over to a graphic designer for polishing.
Definitely a good idea to get a graphic designer to polish anything with potential. I don't know what I'm doing most of the time, so a pro could design circles around me.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

You could toss a good candidate to Fiverr. You can get things done pretty cheaply there.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I don't know how I never saw this thread. But while looking for the street art thread I found it! Coincidentally, I was dreaming up some ideas earlier. Don't do computers much, so I was using the trusty old sharpie lol.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:I don't know how I never saw this thread. But while looking for the street art thread I found it! Coincidentally, I was dreaming up some ideas earlier. Don't do computers much, so I was using the trusty old sharpie lol.

Damn dude, that is cool. I could see the top one sit in for a triangle at 12. Much better than anything I could come up with.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:I don't know how I never saw this thread. But while looking for the street art thread I found it! Coincidentally, I was dreaming up some ideas earlier. Don't do computers much, so I was using the trusty old sharpie lol.

Damn dude, that is cool. I could see the top one sit in for a triangle at 12. Much better than anything I could come up with.
Feel free to take it and run with it with all your computer programs. Some symmetry would be nice and I really liked your incorporation of some color in there.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK, did some quick work. Still don't know what I'm doing, but it's there.
MOT_DR_SB.png
Did some allignment of the O.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 11.14.50 AM.png
Stretched it out a bit...
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 11.16.19 AM.png
In stretching it out, it is obvious that the M top bits aren't level-grrrrr.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

This is fun! It is great to see so much creativity and pride in this place. One thing I would say about a logo is that its a bit like playing matchmaker...you can set your friend up on dates, but ultimately he is going to pick the one he wants. I think bringing conceptual designs forward is fantastic, but would want to reserve final say for our gracious host...after all, he's the one who has to live with being "married" to it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am This is fun! It is great to see so much creativity and pride in this place. One thing I would say about a logo is that its a bit like playing matchmaker...you can set your friend up on dates, but ultimately he is going to pick the one he wants. I think bringing conceptual designs forward is fantastic, but would want to reserve final say for our gracious host...after all, he's the one who has to live with being "married" to it.
Absolutely. If Matt doesn't like a design, then it won't be adopted.

I see this time as brainstorming and trying to come up with a bunch of ideas to see if anything sticks. No feelings hurt on my end regardless of what happens. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling and get those creative and collaborative juices flowing.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK, this one is more conceptual. I took the elements from the M and T and made them into a watch face at 10:10:30. It doesn't work and would get lost if very small. Next to it, I just filled in the O with white. I think that little change makes it look so much cooler, almost alien. I'm not sure why though. These aren't perfectly symetrical, but I could fix them if we want to push the concept in that direction.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.16.50 PM.png
Added another version that is wider on the bottom. More whitespace here. Very different feel to it. Also added the tall version with and without circle infill.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.43.30 PM.png
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:OK, this one is more conceptual. I took the elements from the M and T and made them into a watch face at 10:10:30. It doesn't work and would get lost if very small. Next to it, I just filled in the O with white. I think that little change makes it look so much cooler, almost alien. I'm not sure why though. These aren't perfectly symetrical, but I could fix them if we want to push the concept in that direction.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.16.50 PM.png
Added another version that is wider on the bottom. More whitespace here. Very different feel to it. Also added the tall version with and without circle infill.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.43.30 PM.png
Very cool! Well done. I personally really like the one using the clock face. Very creative, and would be super subtle doubling as a 12:00 marker. Seriously cool stuff man.

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Sorry--but most of these designs look like insects.

Not that I could do much better, mind. The best I could come up with is a visual pun.
Scan 121.jpeg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:Sorry--but most of these designs look like insects.

Not that I could do much better, mind. The best I could come up with is a visual pun.
Scan 121.jpeg
I know what you are saying, BUT, you would never have thought that had this one not been included. This is spider all day and once you see it, it cannot be unseen.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

To me these look Art Deco and less spider. Well, aside from that one anyway.