As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
DuckaDiesel
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by DuckaDiesel »

AndyS wrote:
DuckaDiesel wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:42 pm
AndyS wrote:EDIT: Hah, had this post in draft form before it was posted above above. Been sitting here for awhile. Got scooped :)

Ali Express is having another sale. I highly recommend these stretch single pass NATO's made out of the type of material of a MN strap, but in a single pass NATO design that makes them easy to swap. My only real complaint is they are quite long. $9, but there are both new user coupons as well as a $2 off $15.

I like these better than closed loop MN style straps since you can change them out just like a NATO. No removing spring bars required.

Here's a couple of mine:

BN0198 Stretch NATO Gray.jpg
Citizen wBlue Stretch Green NATO2.jpg

But there are lots of strap and watch related stuff on sale. These super cheap canvas straps (sub $2) are surprisingly good. I've bought a couple. One of them I scuffed up to look like worn in denim. The other one I just got and put on my MDV-106:

Blue Canvas Distressed 1.jpg
916f464b4a0a968361398c4db931ccfc.jpg
Curious if anyone tried these seatbelt straps?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/329538763 ... 2.142895.0

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Not those particular ones (I've bought the stretch strap from that seller, though). Most of those material straps can be found on AE for cheaper. Possibly with different hardware. What color/size were you looking for? I've bought quite a few from different vendors there.
I bought 3 of these for 18$ just now to test them out. Saw that you bought stretchy ones from the same seller and that made me pull the trigger on these. Those stretchy ones is the same material that everyone and their mother uses these days. Even these seatbelt straps look the same as the 30$ ones sold in the states. We ll see...

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/329468539 ... 6871167265

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

Regarding the Seagull 1963 style watches - as previously stated above, some of the ones on AE are not genuine. There is quite a bit of info covering this in the AE on WUS.
aeroman5
MoT Member

Post by aeroman5 »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:05 pm
Sampson wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:00 pm
cortman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 pm

I've always heard you need to buy these from a really reputable dealer because they sometimes have problems pretty quickly after purchase. I'd really like one myself sometime.
The real deal https://www.hkedwatches.com/collections/1963-38mm
Still fake. See above.
I think all the YouTubers that go on about the Seagull 1963 all show fake 1963s. Long Island and watchunique are different and the only 'real' watch is available from the Seagull store.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

aeroman5 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 pm
Still fake. See above.
I think all the YouTubers that go on about the Seagull 1963 all show fake 1963s. Long Island and watchunique are different and the only 'real' watch is available from the Seagull store.
Really? I'm kind of surprised to hear that about LIW.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

CWS has a good price on this Frederique Constant on either their direct site or Ebay store.

Frederique Constant Vintage Rally Healey automatic, model # FC-303HV5B6

Sale price is $688
List price is $1,875

Certified - https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/wat ... hv5b6.html
Certified's Ebay page - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frederique-Con ... 3769158200

Model page at FC - https://frederiqueconstant.com/news/the ... ollection/

The two automatic versions – the FC-303HS5B6 and the FC-303HV5B6 – are driven by the FC-303 calibre movement, offering unrivalled accuracy and reliability. Both are presented with a gleaming 40 mm diameter stainless steel case and offer an exceptional 38-hour power reserve and water resistance to 50 metres.

Functions include hours, minutes, seconds and a date display at the 6 o’clock position, beautiful silver dials with guilloché design and the Healey logo located just above the date display. The HS5B6 has striking hand-applied black indexes and hands with luminous, beautifully complementing the black strap with white stitching. The HV5B6 features elegant rose gold plated indexes and a chocolate dark brown strap with white stitching.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (117.59 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Still fake. See above.
So, you're stating here that Marc misrepresents the watch he sells as the Sea-Gull 1963?

Not to be argumentative, because I won't by the watch, but what makes Marc's watch to be lesser quality than the one that I'd by from Sea-Gull?
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

cortman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Still fake. See above.
Really? I'm kind of surprised to hear that about LIW.
NAD:

There are many homages/replicas/reproductions/fakes with the same movement. Probably HKED's homage comes close to the original Seagull D304 with its Star Trek logo. Try Googling for Seagull D304 instead of Seagull 1963. Youtubers seem to be unaware/ignorant strangely on this detail of the original vs the rest.

The first reissue in 2010 was 10,000 pieces while latest reissue from Seagull seems to be in 2018 with about 5500 pieces.All watches are individually numbered. The 2018 watch release even has a QR Code on the caseback to verify its authenticity as there are far too many versions by too many people. The rumor is that Seagull keeps for itself the best quality movements while it sells lesser ones to others.

Generally microbrand owners seem to report that they buy ST19 is larger quantity to cover warranties or get them QC'd/inspected/regulated for a week or two before putting them in cases. This sounds to me like a perfect watch where you "buy the seller and not the watch" to ensure you do get it replaced/fixed if and when an issue crops up. I've never bought anything from LIW but he seems to have good feedback from what I've read, so while it is a homage and not the "real" thing, I suppose you're buying his post sale support as his prices are much higher then others for these.

There has been some changes to the box/pouch and freebies included compared to previous release. EOL outlet on Ali Express seem to be selling authentic version(about USD 500) but whether they are an authorised AD or not is not clear to me. Here's the link to EOL outlet and some discussion on them on WUS.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32852615014.html . The discussion https://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/sea-g ... 397-3.html

Here's 2 links I suggest anyone interested in the watch, read before buying:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/seagu ... 99250.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/authe ... 67821.html

It took me few weeks of spare time to read and understand what's going on in general with this watch, it's history and its many iterations. Someday I hope to get a "real" D304 and not the variants of the 1963.
Last edited by pgcity on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

Gemnation has this RT Airspeed XL chrono for $675. https://www.gemnation.com/watches/Revu ... 38476.htmlImage
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

tommy_boy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:30 pm

Still fake. See above.
So, you're stating here that Marc misrepresents the watch he sells as the Sea-Gull 1963?

Not to be argumentative, because I won't by the watch, but what makes Marc's watch to be lesser quality than the one that I'd by from Sea-Gull?
I believe he is selling a 1963 as sold by many. Quality I am unsure, but it is the same movement and general case design with slight differences in dial compared to the Seagull which sells the D304. Truly a watch where you "buy the seller not the watch" I think. i've read his post sale support is also good.
Last edited by pgcity on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Seiko Prospex "Mini-Turtle" Automatic Dive Watch SRPC35 - $349 AUD from Starbuy in Australia

This converts to about $236 USD with shipping to the US another $27 = $263 USD, still cheaper than most retailers and definitely a deal if you live in Oz and get free shipping. 42.3mm, 4R35 movement, Hardlex, ISO certified dive watch.

https://www.starbuy.com.au/seiko-prospe ... ch-srpc35k

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Zodiac Grandrally 41.5mm Quartz Chronograph ZO9607 - $345 from Watch Station

If you've never ordered from Watch Station before, sign up for their emails to get an additional 15% off discount code. This watch is going for $420 on ebay, more elsewhere.

http://www.watchstation.com/en_US/shop/ ... ath=ZO9607

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Momentum Atlas Titanium mineral $86

Locrian

Post by Locrian »

NAD
Just gotta say, damn you guys for bringing the Tisell Explorer to my attention. Pretty much instabuyed it. My wallet is crying.
aeroman5
MoT Member

Post by aeroman5 »

tommy_boy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:30 pm

Still fake. See above.

Long Island Watches have theirs under the brand name Seagull 1963, and is not included with the other branded Sea-gull watches. I'm not saying Marc is selling fakes or misrepresenting what he is selling, but there is a lot going on with the 1963 watch that no one seems to know what is what. The Long Island 1963 has different writing on the dial compared to other 1963s available elsewhere (one line compared to two). The watchunique 1963 comes in a tin, mine from the posted Aliexpress deal came in a cheap pelican box. I've seen another bought from carousell that came in a faux leather box with a Sea-gull manual (mine didn't), but the watch dial was different to that on the website.

Calling them fake might not be correct, as they may have the correct parts in them all sourced from the same factory, and I think I have read somewhere that the quality of the 'fakes' could be better than the real thing. As someone else has said, buy the seller for this watch. I almost bought it from Long Island Watches but I preferred the two lines of writing on the dial.

I personally wouldn't buy from this dealer again though. As I said in my first post, the pusher fell off, customer service was a little slow, although did replace my watch and were friendly enough, and they sent me the original back (not necessarily a bad thing).
konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

DieLard wrote:Free Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Fitness Tracker

Caught this offer on Pinterest. Pretty decent tracker/heart monitor from what I've read. Discount code is "PINOFFER" (enter at checkout) and takes price from nearly 20 dollars to 0. Tested and working as of 08/26/2019;)
A first post from a newly registered user, linking to something FREE from an unknown shop that was created two days ago?

Last edited by MoT on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed like from spammer.