We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rolex Flip Challenge

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Re: Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by BillionaireDoors »

squincher wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:59 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm Here are a few of my Goodwill finds from yesterday. Reply below if you can figure out exactly what they are and the values.

Paid $10
Arai is a top of the line MC helmet. They sell new for around $550 to around $800 depending on the model. Could be a tough sell if it isn't new in the box or if it is older than 5 years.
Just sold the Arai helmet for $190.

Today was another 50% off Goodwill day. Got some great items. I'll post a few later.

Here's one. Paid $2.50 each. They sell for $75 new, and it looks like the used price isn't much lower.
69920495_384611758821924_3246210129984487424_n.jpg
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm Here are a few of my Goodwill finds from yesterday. Reply below if you can figure out exactly what they are and the values.

Paid $4
The filter sold for $150. Just hope it doesn't cost $150 to ship. :D

EDIT: Only $24 FedEx Home.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by Sporkboy »

While I was out borrowing a Geiger counter, I swung by a dumpster area that usually has some interesting things. I snagged a couple of used pipettes used for chemistry and biology stuff. I looked them up on eBay and they seems like it might be a pretty easy flip. I have a P20 and P1000. There was at least one more and I am thinking I should go back for it. at least these would be easy to ship. I just need to test them.Image
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Anybody found anything good recently? This was an awesome weekend for retail arbitrage. I have the truck loaded with boxes for Amazon.

Made two big eBay sales today that I posted to my Instagram. $50 purchase cost into $650 sold price. About $470 net profit.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

BD, I am wondering how much money you have tied up in inventory vs. how much you are selling. Those probably aren’t the right metrics, but you may know what I am trying to ask.

My parents always had to have a large inventory that wasn’t very liquid and things sat for a long time until the right person came along. The money was tied up and they had to store it untold its time came. Now that they are closing their antique shop, they are having to liquidate everything and it is taking forever. The shop had a good run and had a solid 25 years, but they have moved in to doing more estate sales and spending less time in the store managing a large inventory.

I suppose they are moving to being more liquid and nimble with their assets and I wonder how liquid and nimble things are with the digital picker approach. If anything is too personal, please feel free not to answer.

I haven’t posted my last find as I need to try and test them for functionality prior to posting.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:56 am BD, I am wondering how much money you have tied up in inventory vs. how much you are selling. Those probably aren’t the right metrics, but you may know what I am trying to ask.

My parents always had to have a large inventory that wasn’t very liquid and things sat for a long time until the right person came along. The money was tied up and they had to store it untold its time came. Now that they are closing their antique shop, they are having to liquidate everything and it is taking forever. The shop had a good run and had a solid 25 years, but they have moved in to doing more estate sales and spending less time in the store managing a large inventory.

I suppose they are moving to being more liquid and nimble with their assets and I wonder how liquid and nimble things are with the digital picker approach. If anything is too personal, please feel free not to answer.

I haven’t posted my last find as I need to try and test them for functionality prior to posting.
I find that the items that sell quickly pay for the items that sell slowly, so my inventory cost is close to zero. I just bought the hub caps last weekend, and they paid for everything else I bought that day. It usually works out that way on average.

Most of the items I send to Amazon sell very quickly. The issue with Amazon is the lag time. It can take up to 2 weeks for your items to actually be available for sale and then another 2-3 weeks to actually get paid. On eBay you can buy an item, sell it, and get paid in a day.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

How's everybody doing on their flips? Who's getting a Rolex for Christmas?

I just hit $100k in sales on Amazon for this year. I bought a ridiculous amount of inventory this past week. I have 6 boxes loaded to to go Amazon tomorrow.
Amazon Dec 1 2019.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:44 pm How's everybody doing on their flips? Who's getting a Rolex for Christmas?

I just hit $100k in sales on Amazon for this year. I bought a ridiculous amount of inventory this past week. I have 6 boxes loaded to to go Amazon tomorrow.

Amazon Dec 1 2019.jpg
Me. But only if you buy me one. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

I forgot to mention that I also surpassed $100k in sales on eBay for a total of over $200k in sales for 2019. I think I have my "retirement" job sorted.
Rblaine
MoT Member

Post by Rblaine »

Cool thread, I read through it all this morning. I may need to list a few items on eBay now.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

How's everybody doing?

I just made $1500 profit in one day flipping Oculus Quests from Walmart to eBay. There's opportunity everywhere!

Here's something everyone here can do TODAY.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... Complete=1

You can find these at Target, Walmart, Ross, 5-Below, Kroger, Meijer, etc. $10-15 profit on every 3 you buy. The key is getting them delivered by Christmas.
isotope
MoT Member

Post by isotope »

Thanks, BD. This is inspirational, just because you put some real examples out there.
Derek80

Post by Derek80 »

Great thread, BD. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Year End Total: $250,000 in sales on eBay and Amazon combined.

I haven't calculated the profit yet. I'm currently working on scanning my receipts for the year. Sam's Club has this scanner with free receipt software for $99.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/epson-workfo ... ance.rr0_1
horhay86
MoT Member

Post by horhay86 »

BillionaireDoors wrote:Year End Total: $250,000 in sales on eBay and Amazon combined.

I haven't calculated the profit yet. I'm currently working on scanning my receipts for the year. Sam's Club has this scanner with free receipt software for $99.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/epson-workfo ... ance.rr0_1
Any comments on how Ebay and taxes work?
I'm apparently getting a tax form this year.
Unsure whether they want us to pay taxes on all sales or just profit.
Gotta do some research as well ha figured to ask.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk