We're Moving!

Click for more info.

11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
fandi
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by fandi »

I wonder who set the price of $122? Was it Jet.com who did it without the 3rd parties (Ergode, Jomashop, DJ Exclusive (sorry I forgot the name),..) knowing this and then Jet asked the sellers if they could fulfill the orders at that price? The reason I asked because Ergode could have refused Jet's request if they feel the price was too low.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by Elkins45 »

Here’s my story so far:

I emailed Jet last night asking them to cancel my order. Here’s the reply I received a couple of hours later:

I am sorry, but I would not be able to cancel this order since it outside the cancellation time frame. The orders from this merchant have been having issues getting to the correct address. We are escalating all of these orders to our Order Verification team. We are working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. You will hear back from Jet in a few days with the resolution to this issue

At 4:00am Jet sent an email saying my order has shipped. When I clicked on the tracking link it said the order was actually mailed a few days ago and was delivered (to my correct address) on Monday the 2nd. I left home early Monday morning and won’t be back until Saturday so I can’t verify that. According to the tracking info the package was mailed from Franklin, TN.

Who is based in Franklin, TN?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Here's my chat log with Jessie if anyone wants to be bored. :lol:

I do get quite snarky and Minnesota passive-aggressive in it, and I cribbed a comment from [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] towards the end.
Jet's "Customer Service" wrote:Jet bot said
Good news! Our agent Jessie has joined the conversation.

Customer said
Good morning. My name is Matt [omitted], [omitted], and I am referencing Order Number [omitted], in particular the two items (Seiko SKX011J1 and SKX007J1) that were supposedly fulfilled by your third party partner Ergode.

Customer said
I contacted Jet about this issue two days ago and have yet to receive any kind of resolution.

J
Agent said
Hi Matthew, I do apologize, however, we are still currently working on a resolution for this issue, and this is why you haven’t heard back from Jet.

Customer said
I operate a web forum for watch collectors/deal hunters and I am keeping track of the rip offs by Ergode. So far it accounts for nearly $4,000. Each member is reporting the same thing: Orders that were to be fulfilled by Ergode are being "delivered" to wrong addresses.

J
Agent said
Once we are able to get a resolution for the situation, we will be in contact with you. Unfortunately, we’re not sure how long this will take.

Customer said
I would like resolution today. I want a full refund immediately as others have gotten. I am extremely unhappy about this, and unhappy that Jet is doing business with an organization openly committing fraud.

J
Agent said
Can I have your email address to notate your account that you’re still currently awaiting a response from Jet.

Customer said
matt@manontime.com

J
Agent said
We have not refunded any of our members. We are investigating this on our end, before we have any resolution for the situation that are occuring with you and other members.

Customer said
That is a lie, I have members that have said they have received refunds.

J
Agent said
We were not made aware of this situation until a couple of days ago, and we have to look into this on our end, for us to know what the best option is.

J
Agent said
I do apologize for the inconvenience this has been for you, however, I will notate your account, and we will contact you once we have an answer,

Customer said
The best option is to refund your customers as soon as you're made aware of the situation. Jet (Walmart) is a huge corporation, surely customer service is important?

J
Agent said
Yes, customer service is very important, and we want to help our members as best as we can, but we have to look into this first.

Customer said
Also, a simple Google search details dozens upon dozens of similar problems with Ergode. Is it Jet's policy to continue to do business with partners that commit fraud?

J
Agent said
I completely understand that, and we are currently working on this.

Customer said
Here is the link to the thread keeping track of how much money Ergode and by proxy Jet has stolen from the members of my site.
Customer said
http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1396

J
Agent said
I did notate that you prefer a refund once they are able to get some information, and hopefully, they will be in contact with you soon.

Customer said
I want resolution (refund) immediately. I spoke with you two days ago about this. That is plenty of time to "look in to" it.

J
Agent said
Unfortunately, we had to escalate this issue to ur Partner team, and they are the ones that are looking into it. They will be the team to contact you once they are able to issue that refund.

Customer said
Unacceptable. Since you refuse to help I guess I will have to file a dispute with my credit card issuer. I will also be advising my members not to do business with Jet.

J
Agent said
I apologize for this and will still have our Partner team reach out to you once they can provide you with a solution.

Customer said
The solution is simple, and I am repeating myself: Jet is doing business with an entity engaged in fraud. The solution is to refund the customers victimized by that fraud. Come on Jessie, it's Customer Service 101!

J
Agent said
I completely understand what you’re saying Matthew, unfortunately, another team is working on this, and when they can provide the refund, they will contact you on this.

Customer said
You'll have to forgive me if I say I don't believe you. As I said, it's been two days, and I have had no resolution or contact by "another team" in that time. It leads me to believe that Jet is just trying to blow me (and many, many others) off in hopes we forget.

J
Agent said
Are you still there? I want to make sure that you’re taken care of.

Customer said
I haven't been taken care of at all!

J
Agent said
I’m sorry you feel that way, however, they will be in contact with you once they issue the refund for these watches.

Customer said
It's simple: I either want the items I purchased or a refund. Since I obviously will not be getting the items, a refund is gratefully accepted.

J
Agent said
I can’t process the refund on my end. I have escalated this issue again, and they will be in contact with you within the next 24-48 hours.

J
Agent said

Customer said
Fine. I had considered doing more business with Jet, but this total lack of customer service has changed my mind. Since we're just going in circles and you refuse to do anything, I suppose we are finished.

J
Agent said
I’m sorry about this situation Matthew, and I wish there was something I could do on my end for you, however, this has been escalated to our Partner team, and they will be in contact with you once they issue the refund for these watches.

Customer said
Jessie, please know my quarrel isn't with you personally. Jet (and by extension your corporate owner Walmart) is a company that could easily refund orders but chooses to go down an asinine alley to make it as difficult as possible. In doing so, they have ensured that I will never purchase through them again. I hope to "hear from" the "Partner team" but I don't hold any hope of that.

Customer said
Good day to you.

J
Agent said
They will be in contact with you. I appreciate your feedback and will pass it along. Thanks for reaching out to Jet and I hope you have a good day!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
asushane

Post by asushane »

asushane wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 pm Count me in for 12 Ergode watches delivered to a different address but within my zip code.

Just sent an email requesting a refund and I referenced how fellow MoT’ers were victimized by the exact same scam.

Ohh well, I’m at Seiko overload already and within a couple weeks most of them would have ended up sitting in my giant collection of “need to sell” watches.
FYI here’s the email response I got this morning. Add me to the escalation list:

Thank you for reaching out to Jet.

I am so sorry to hear that the watches that were ordered are showing delivered to the wrong place. I have gone ahead and escalated this for you.

We will reach out as soon as we have more information.

If there is anything further we can do to better your shopping experience, please let us know.

Have a good day!
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

ManOnTime wrote:Here's my chat log with Jessie if anyone wants to be bored. :lol:

I do get quite snarky and Minnesota passive-aggressive in it, and I cribbed a comment from [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] towards the end.

Customer said
Good morning. My name is Matt [omitted], [omitted], and I am referencing Order Number [omitted], in particular the two items (Seiko SKX011J1 and SKX007J1) that were supposedly fulfilled by your third party partner Ergode.

Customer said
I contacted Jet about this issue two days ago and have yet to receive any kind of resolution.

J
Agent said
Hi Matthew, I do apologize, however, we are still currently working on a resolution for this issue, and this is why you haven’t heard back from Jet.

Customer said
I operate a web forum for watch collectors/deal hunters and I am keeping track of the rip offs by Ergode. So far it accounts for nearly $4,000. Each member is reporting the same thing: Orders that were to be fulfilled by Ergode are being "delivered" to wrong addresses.

J
Agent said
Once we are able to get a resolution for the situation, we will be in contact with you. Unfortunately, we’re not sure how long this will take.

Customer said
I would like resolution today. I want a full refund immediately as others have gotten. I am extremely unhappy about this, and unhappy that Jet is doing business with an organization openly committing fraud.

J
Agent said
Can I have your email address to notate your account that you’re still currently awaiting a response from Jet.

Customer said
matt@manontime.com

J
Agent said
We have not refunded any of our members. We are investigating this on our end, before we have any resolution for the situation that are occuring with you and other members.

Customer said

J
Agent said
We were not made aware of this situation until a couple of days ago, and we have to look into this on our end, for us to know what the best option is.

J
Agent said
I do apologize for the inconvenience this has been for you, however, I will notate your account, and we will contact you once we have an answer,

Customer said
The best option is to refund your customers as soon as you're made aware of the situation. Jet (Walmart) is a huge corporation, surely customer service is important?

J
Agent said
Yes, customer service is very important, and we want to help our members as best as we can, but we have to look into this first.

Customer said
Also, a simple Google search details dozens upon dozens of similar problems with Ergode. Is it Jet's policy to continue to do business with partners that commit fraud?

J
Agent said

Customer said
Here is the link to the thread keeping track of how much money Ergode and by proxy Jet has stolen from the members of my site.
Customer said

J
Agent said
I did notate that you prefer a refund once they are able to get some information, and hopefully, they will be in contact with you soon.

Customer said
I want resolution (refund) immediately. I spoke with you two days ago about this. That is plenty of time to "look in to" it.

J
Agent said
Unfortunately, we had to escalate this issue to ur Partner team, and they are the ones that are looking into it. They will be the team to contact you once they are able to issue that refund.

Customer said
Unacceptable. Since you refuse to help I guess I will have to file a dispute with my credit card issuer. I will also be advising my members not to do business with Jet.

J
Agent said
I apologize for this and will still have our Partner team reach out to you once they can provide you with a solution.

Customer said
The solution is simple, and I am repeating myself: Jet is doing business with an entity engaged in fraud. The solution is to refund the customers victimized by that fraud. Come on Jessie, it's Customer Service 101!

J
Agent said
I completely understand what you’re saying Matthew, unfortunately, another team is working on this, and when they can provide the refund, they will contact you on this.

Customer said
You'll have to forgive me if I say I don't believe you. As I said, it's been two days, and I have had no resolution or contact by "another team" in that time. It leads me to believe that Jet is just trying to blow me (and many, many others) off in hopes we forget.

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said
I’m sorry you feel that way, however, they will be in contact with you once they issue the refund for these watches.

Customer said
It's simple: I either want the items I purchased or a refund. Since I obviously will not be getting the items, a refund is gratefully accepted.

J
Agent said
I can’t process the refund on my end. I have escalated this issue again, and they will be in contact with you within the next 24-48 hours.

J
Agent said

Customer said
Fine. I had considered doing more business with Jet, but this total lack of customer service has changed my mind. Since we're just going in circles and you refuse to do anything, I suppose we are finished.

J
Agent said
I’m sorry about this situation Matthew, and I wish there was something I could do on my end for you, however, this has been escalated to our Partner team, and they will be in contact with you once they issue the refund for these watches.

Customer said
Jessie, please know my quarrel isn't with you personally. Jet (and by extension your corporate owner Walmart) is a company that could easily refund orders but chooses to go down an asinine alley to make it as difficult as possible. In doing so, they have ensured that I will never purchase through them again. I hope to "hear from" the "Partner team" but I don't hold any hope of that.

Customer said
Good day to you.

J
Agent said
They will be in contact with you. I appreciate your feedback and will pass it along. Thanks for reaching out to Jet and I hope you have a good day!
Well played @ManOnTime ! Funny thing is I got an email to say on a scale of 0-10 how likely I was to recommend Jet to someone else. Can you guess my score?

Their follow-up email to me was even better. They seemed to have cloned Jessie and/or re-named her Tyler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

edit: this was meant for the ergode math thread, woops

Also, two first payments of 132 and 127 usd are processed, but the remaining 663 is still pending, although i have recieved that annoying "dance" email that the fake shipment was done...
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:27 pm Here's my chat log with Jessie if anyone wants to be bored. :lol:

I do get quite snarky and Minnesota passive-aggressive in it, and I cribbed a comment from @Rabirnie towards the end.

Customer said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said
matt@manontime.com

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said
Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

J
Agent said

Customer said

J
Agent said

Customer said

Customer said
Good day to you.

J
Agent said
Holy hell, it's like talking to a wall. Even though I did not buy anything, I will not purchase from Jet given their response to this situation.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

fandi wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:16 pm I wonder who set the price of $122? Was it Jet.com who did it without the 3rd parties (Ergode, Jomashop, DJ Exclusive (sorry I forgot the name),..) knowing this and then Jet asked the sellers if they could fulfill the orders at that price? The reason I asked because Ergode could have refused Jet's request if they feel the price was too low.
The terms on Jet's site make it sound like Jet sets the prices:
Each product’s list price is what we believe to be a representative online price for such product, and when possible is based on the suggested retail price provided by the supplier or manufacturer, which we check against prices from other online retailers on a regular basis. ...
Naturally they leave themselves the option of cancelling an order. Edit to add: I don't remember seeing that bit about pricing errors the first time I read it the other day, but that could just be my memory, lol. Edit 2: My keen eye just noticed the "Last Updated: June 19, 2019" at the top.
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

What I think happened was that ergode set their prices low to rip ppl of and SOME vendors who carry the same item and have some automatic pricing algorithms in place, got burned by price match... so those who received their timepieces should thanks ergode actually :D
EvilSaint

Post by EvilSaint »

feltharg wrote:What I think happened was that ergode set their prices low to rip ppl of and SOME vendors who carry the same item and have some automatic pricing algorithms in place, got burned by price match... so those who received their timepieces should thanks ergode actually :D
I think there is some truth to this. From what I've read about Jet's pricing algorithm is that "trusted partners" aka, 3rd party sellers provide Jet with a "retailer price" (price plus shipping) for individual items listed on Jet. Jet adds to this, a commission for listing the item on their platform. Then jet applies their own pricing algorithm comparing prices for the same product on different platforms, location of the buyer, location of the seller, price from other partners and other factors to determine what price to list on their website. Purchases that are in bulk, paid with a debit card instead of a credit card, or those that waive free returns are eligible for further discounts.

If Ergode was providing below market pricing on the items listed, this may have pushed the algorithm pricing down for other sellers. However, what we don't know is who ate the loss on the items actually fulfilled. Jet or the legitimate individual sellers. When Jet.com first started, it was widely reported that they were losing money on every sale to undercut competitors and gain market share. I don't know if this is still the case.

Here's Jet's own page that explains in more detail. With flow charts!

https://jetsupport.desk.com/customer/en ... ct-pricing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fandi
MoT Member

Post by fandi »

Quote: During Tuesday’s panel at CNBC’s Evolve Summit, McMillon also said Walmart’s acquisition of Jet.com “hasn’t worked out exactly like we thought it was going to work out.” But it did cause Walmart.com to “accelerate,” he said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/19/walmart ... inute.html
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Attempting to reverse engineer what's wrong with Jet+Ergode pricing, it's interesting to note that Jet+Ergode also lists cheap Casios like this one for $122.91.
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Very glad we have this forum/thread to get running updates on the great Jet/Ergode Fiasco of 2019. Some of us are sharing the same frustrations in dealing with Jet. Unimpressed with their investigation and “escalation,” I’ve taken the step of disputing the credit card charge. Ordinarily I’d wait a few days more, but with the knowledge so many of us are getting the runaround, I don’t see the point. Hoping for a swift credit and happier hunting.
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I think MoT is winning the escalation race. Partner Team sounds higher than Order Verification Team.
phatmatt626
MoT Member

Post by phatmatt626 »

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a few weeks and got in on the ergode deals. Out about 800 bucks.

I had a similar experience with jet customer service, no answers besides "working on it, don't have a timeframe."

But thought I'd add an update...I just got new tracking info on all my ergode orders. I'm skeptical but maybe jet is having them fulfil them for real somehow and that's what the holdup was? Fingers crossed! These don't show up in my jet account, only in town emails I received a few minutes ago.

Trying to actually get these orders fulfilled is really the only reason I can think of for the holdup without a refund.

Awesome forum you all have here and look forward to posting much more!

edit: Never mind! These are first class packages despite the fact that they should weigh over a pound and are already on an odd track. Looks like more 2oz packages to random addresses
Last edited by phatmatt626 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.