We're Moving!

Click for more info.

11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by Stretch44 »

phatmatt626 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm Hi all, I've been lurking here for a few weeks and got in on the ergode deals. Out about 800 bucks.

I had a similar experience with jet customer service, no answers besides "working on it, don't have a timeframe."

But thought I'd add an update...I just got new tracking info on all my ergode orders. I'm skeptical but maybe jet is having them fulfil them for real somehow and that's what the holdup was? Fingers crossed!

Trying to actually get these orders fulfilled is really the only reason I can think of for the holdup without a refund.

Awesome forum you all have here and look forward to posting much more!
Welcome!
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:51 pm I think MoT is winning the escalation race. Partner Team sounds higher than Order Verification Team.
-------

When they get to SWAT team--watch out!
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

MOT’s conversation sounds much like the one that I had with “Jayson” today.

No good and I expected more from Jet. It’s only been 48 hours and while it’s long enough to have this rectified, 2 business days isn’t very long in the corporate world.

Not a defense of Jet by any means as it reflects poorly on them and my expectations haven’t been met. I’m not completely red-assed yet but I’m getting close.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm I appreciate the thank you for the heads up (I always do even if I don't reply) but I'm thinking we should wait and see how things turn out before we proclaim this a great deal. I'm just hoping nobody really gets screwed. I find it hard to believe that all those bad reviews of Ergode are without any merit. After BC's post I noticed that some of my orders are showing the same tracking number. In the past Ergode has shipped the wrong items and sent orders to the wrong addresses. If you the believe the reviews, they have sent junk mail with the tracking barcode in the place of expensive items, as false proof that the item was delivered. I could easily see them claiming that multiple items were delivered with one package and tracking number though only one item is inside. All that said, so far so good for me. A Tissot Heritage Visodate from Jomashop and a Seiko Prospex PADI Samurai fulfilled by Ergode and shipped from a seller in Paramus, NJ. It's a bit embarrassing how many watches I ordered but in the interest of full disclosure I'll post them all here as I can.....whether it turns out well or not. All tracking numbers show delivery tomorrow but I might not be able to check them out until later this week or next.

I received a third watch. This one is the Seiko Prospex SRPA82 Tuna from Discount Shop. Everything is fine with it......nicely packaged and in working order. Jomashop and Discount Shop fulfilled their orders with no problems. The Samurai was from Ergode but I didn't receive any of my other orders from them. Most of the "packages" from Ergode were delivered within towns in the same area of PA as my parents' home, which was the intended delivery address. One package was delayed and is due to be delivered today but I'm not expecting anything will be different. I'm about 100% certain that none of the other packages from Ergode contained a watch, so it really doesn't matter where they were delivered. Just as things were described in previous reviews, I imagine Ergode had an eBay seller or some other retailer (a innocent party) ship something very small and light to a different address. It would be something very cheap to ship and have the correct tracking number on it as false proof that the item was shipped and delivered. So it's a scam but certainly not a sustainable one. I'm surprised they have used the same name so often. As everything was to be delivered by today, 12/5, I'll be contacting Jet.com customer service to inquire about my refund. I'll post here with updates about how that goes. Thanks for the updates and good luck getting refunds.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

phatmatt626 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm ...

But thought I'd add an update...I just got new tracking info on all my ergode orders. I'm skeptical but maybe jet is having them fulfil them for real somehow and that's what the holdup was? ...

edit: Never mind! These are first class packages despite the fact that they should weigh over a pound and are already on an odd track. Looks like more 2oz packages to random addresses
Wow, what gall. Thanks for the update.

No change for me so far -- guess I haven't been escalated high enough, lol. Jet's chat button doesn't appear for me anymore so I've been emailing them. Maybe phone calls are more effective.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

BostonCharlie wrote:
phatmatt626 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm ...

But thought I'd add an update...I just got new tracking info on all my ergode orders. I'm skeptical but maybe jet is having them fulfil them for real somehow and that's what the holdup was? ...

edit: Never mind! These are first class packages despite the fact that they should weigh over a pound and are already on an odd track. Looks like more 2oz packages to random addresses
Wow, what gall. Thanks for the update.

No change for me so far -- guess I haven't been escalated high enough, lol. Jet's chat button doesn't appear for me anymore so I've been emailing them. Maybe phone calls are more effective.
Neither method has proven effective for me so far and I’ve yet to see the chat button on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlachcik
MoT Member

Post by rlachcik »

Jet.com, the final chapter!!
My Tissot was delivered to a third party agent in Boca for delivery to me, which of course never happened.
Because there wasn’t even a fake delivery my cc was not charged.
So it all ends with a whimper.
EvilSaint

Post by EvilSaint »

Well, my Tissot "shipped" Dec. 3rd out of Montgomery, IL. First class package scheduled for delivery Saturday. I've been keeping an eye on my cc and the purchase had been in pending status since I ordered through today when it suddenly dropped off my statement. No charge went through. I haven't received any communication from Jet about a cancellation, nor had I asked for one. Guess I won't need to request a refund once the package fails to show up. Unless they charge the card once it shows delivered. Jet order status still shows shipped. I'll need to keep an eye on it and we'll see I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I got an email today about them issuing a refund... for only one of the 3 orders. Made another call to ask them to refund all 3.
Living a comeback montage.
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Well I got all my money back. I told my CC company that they scammed me. No question asked. Boom.

Jet’s customer service is horrible. They still haven’t contacted me. So I’ve got a personal lesson to never ever use their website again.

I know, I know; it was a gamble anyways. Still, I think on their part, they acted very very poorly.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

The charge is no longer on my card at all. Hopefully this closes the book on my Ergode experience. I’m still looking forward to seeing what USPS says was delivered to my house.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Today I sent a follow up email to Jet. My previous communication had been a brief email Tuesday to which I received the standard “we are escalating this” email.

Here is part of their response today: “I reassure you, we are working very hard to get this resolved and get all money returned as soon as we can. There is a set process in place for this kind of a resolution that we have to follow. This process has a 1-2 business day turnaround time frame in total. I reassure you as well, that we will make sure this is resolved in one way or another. We are ensuring that we are resolving this to ensure future safety as well, for all involved.

If you do not have a refund in 24 hours, please let us know. We will be sending an email to you to confirm your refund. If you do not see this, we will get it resolved at that point.”

I am happy with that, knowing that my credit card company would most likely be easy to work with if need be.

Thanks everyone for the updates! You all have made this process much easier for me to understand which is especially appreciated since I have been out of town while all of this has transpired!
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

I hope everyone gets their money back. With that said, customer service at many large corporations consistent of some one in a cubical...…….. probably in a 3rd world country. W/ one task, to blow you off.

It's why I pay a few extra pennies to shop at Target>Walmart or Amazon>Jet...……….. I'm curious as to the resolution here but I suggest everyone opens a case w/ their credit card companies. Jet customer service probably can't notify the right people nor have the power to make it right, for most of you.

Good luck guys
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
akaCastle

Post by akaCastle »

Wow, the plot keeps getting thicker and thicker. I am trying to catch up on the posts here, but has anyone started any litigation yet? I saw the link to the running total and have added my $927.48‬ to the lot. Before I found this forum, I made an appointment for today with an attorney I've worked with before, but it's just a consultation to go over how to proceed and get referred to the right firm for representation. My experience with support from Jet is echoed here. They made it sound like this Ergode had been vetted and was a reputable company, but a single search on Google would show you that it is anything but true. If Jet vetted this company, then they would have had to ignore the BBB, Glassdoor, Amazon, and dozens of smaller online retailers, not to mention the mountain of bad reviews out there. I doubt Jet, aka Walmart, wetted Ergode at all.

I was cautious as this was my first transaction with Jet.com, but the online reviews were good, and when I saw they were Walmart, I pounced like a dog in heat. I should have stayed with Jomashop and Ashcroft.
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

Just an update from me I got an email about my refund. So no half price SKX but nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose. Good for all of you who got great watches from reputable sources at killer prices. Back to the deals thread for me.