We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Post by Boourns »

For those into pens (my first fountain pen is in the mail) -- Parker has 30% off with code "HOLIDAY". This brings prices down to competitive with Amazon and other retailers. If you spend over $50 you get free shipping and Rakuten currently has 5% cash back.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Boourns wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 am For those into pens (my first fountain pen is in the mail) -- Parker has 30% off with code "HOLIDAY". This brings prices down to competitive with Amazon and other retailers. If you spend over $50 you get free shipping and Rakuten currently has 5% cash back.
What'd you get?
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 am
Boourns wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 am For those into pens (my first fountain pen is in the mail) -- Parker has 30% off with code "HOLIDAY". This brings prices down to competitive with Amazon and other retailers. If you spend over $50 you get free shipping and Rakuten currently has 5% cash back.
What'd you get?
Got a Parker Vector (fine) for $13 and change. Then bought two Lamy Safaris (broad, fine) and a Pilot Metropolitan (medium) from someone on Reddit for $30. Wanted to try an array to see what I like.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Boourns wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 am
What'd you get?
Got a Parker Vector (fine) for $13 and change. Then bought two Lamy Safaris (broad, fine) and a Pilot Metropolitan (medium) from someone on Reddit for $30. Wanted to try an array to see what I like.
None of which I've tried yet! The Safaris are pretty popular student/entry-level pens though. Is the Redditer including cartridges or converters? Pilot-Namiki pens use their own type, whereas Lamy and Parker...might be interchangeable. They're similar enough that sometimes cross-brand pairings work between 'em. I'll be curious how they work out for you.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote:
Boourns wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 am
What'd you get?
None of which I've tried yet! The Safaris are pretty popular student/entry-level pens though. Is the Redditer including cartridges or converters? Pilot-Namiki pens use their own type, whereas Lamy and Parker...might be interchangeable. They're similar enough that sometimes cross-brand pairings work between 'em. I'll be curious how they work out for you.

I have a few Lamy Safaris and I was able to be happy with that. Recently I tried out a safari clone from AliExpress, and at ~$2 is is probably 80% as satisfying to use.

A friend of mine recently gifted me a TWSBI Go Clear. The thing is a damn tank. It has an integrated spring loaded filler that holds a huge amount of ink. I was gifted some ink samples as well so I haven’t even filled it up completely.
The thing is chunky and there is no clip on the cap, but if is one hell of a pen for $20. Not conventional, but a lot of fun. $18.99 is MSRP, so it is more of a bargain than a deal. If you are seeing what you might like, and you see this one in a group of pens for sale, then definitely consider it in your decision.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Moved the pen discussion to the on-topic thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62&p=40739#p40739
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Supercar deal for CVP:
If the mid-engine 2020 Corvette Stingray’s $59,995 price seems like good deal, that’s because it is.

But maybe not for Chevrolet. Motor Trend reports that Chevy will take a loss on every Stingray sold for under $79,995, which is enough to get you a well-optioned 3LT trim level coupe equipped with a Z51 performance package.

If you’re more interested in one of the cheap ones, you should act fast. The “senior GM source” that dished on the Stingray’s discount to Motor Trend said that the base price will be raised for 2021.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/chevrolet- ... -corvettes
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

For those of you who are unfortunate enought to be collecting guitars (or just looking for a great and not pricey jazzbox), proaudiostar is blowing out some D'Angelico deluxe series guitars. I have owned an Excel series D'Angelico EXL-1 in natural finish for a few years and I am still impressed by the guitar everytimne i play it.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/d-angelico- ... -plum.html this is the one ive got incoming. Together with a red 175 :)
I did try to ask for better price throu email (phone was holding me on hold for too long so i hung up) explaining they would save some dime on the ebay or reverb fee, but they refused to discount further. so i went through ebay - They also sell on ebay (and reverb) so with the current 8percent bucks back, the deal is even sweater!

They do charge tax but the shipping is free with UPS ground.

Go get them. Ask me, if you dont know about these made in korea guitars. The deluxe shold have better fretwire and locking tuners and some other tweaks. I dont personally like the matte finishes, but what can you do when deal is this good...

THEY ARE SELLING THEM FOR A PRICE OF USED EXCEL SERIES.

edit:
forgot the prices.
D'Angelico Deluxe EXL-1 for 679 USD (MSRP 1699 USD)
D'Angelico Deluxe EX 175 for 799 USD (MSRP 1999 USD)
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

feltharg wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 pm For those of you who are unfortunate enought to be collecting guitars (or just looking for a great and not pricey jazzbox), proaudiostar is blowing out some D'Angelico deluxe series guitars. I have owned an Excel series D'Angelico EXL-1 in natural finish for a few years and I am still impressed by the guitar everytimne i play it.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/d-angelico- ... -plum.html this is the one ive got incoming. Together with a red 175 :)
I did try to ask for better price throu email (phone was holding me on hold for too long so i hung up) explaining they would save some dime on the ebay or reverb fee, but they refused to discount further. so i went through ebay - They also sell on ebay (and reverb) so with the current 8percent bucks back, the deal is even sweater!

Go get them. Ask me, if you dont know about these made in korea guitars. The deluxe shold have better fretwire and locking tuners and some other tweaks. I dont personally like the matte finishes, but what can you do when deal is this good...

edit:
forgot the prices.
And look what happened today.
sdotd.jpg
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars ... 2000003000
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

Thats a good deal. But that is the Premier series - the lowest grade of them all (the reviewers dont like them that much, but i only tried one, it was ok, it was not a exl1 tho).
This guitar can be had for that kind of money on ebay from time to time.
But the Deluxe series is more scarse and honestly i have never seen them this low before, not even used.
I am yet to try it out and say how much better it is than my excel series (i dont think that much... but i to like locking tuners)

But have to say i like the finishes on the premier series :)

Did you get one? Do you own any other EXL-1?
MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:13 pm
feltharg wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 pm For those of you who are unfortunate enought to be collecting guitars (or just looking for a great and not pricey jazzbox), proaudiostar is blowing out some D'Angelico deluxe series guitars. I have owned an Excel series D'Angelico EXL-1 in natural finish for a few years and I am still impressed by the guitar everytimne i play it.

edit:
forgot the prices.
sdotd.jpg
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

edit:
forgot the prices.
sdotd.jpg
According to them, you would be stupid not to buy it :lol:
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

phew, luckily sold out (i would not be able to justify a third one in two days...) Now i can call myself stupid i didnt bite the bullet :)
cel4145 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:20 pm

edit:
forgot the prices.
sdotd.jpg
According to them, you would be stupid not to buy it :lol:
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

feltharg wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm Did you get one? Do you own any other EXL-1?
Nope and nope. I've not tried one in person so I'll reserve more final judgement until then. They haven't really gained my enthusiasm though. The originals were highly regarded, I'm just not so sure about the current company. I'm a bit curious about the Kingpin 5th Ave. But I'm also not sure that's even the direction I want to go anyway.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Replacement scissor springs for Victorinox pocketknives: $1.25 for 6, incl. free S&H. I had no idea they even sold these until it popped up as I was researching a deal. This actually broke on my son's Vic knife, so it's a thing.

https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Product ... s/p/A.6257

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I know this deal/offer was done back in October, but looks like it's still going on. Spotify Premium accounts qualify for a free Google Home Mini.
Just did it and you have to give Google permission to have control over a few aspects of your account. But I believe you can go into settings and change these permissions.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13704896-free- ... ubscribers
Insta me: bbrou33