Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by PopePants2 »

EvilSaint wrote:I haven't ordered anything from Watchmaxx recently, but I did order an IWC from them back in 2016, and I was very satisfied with the purchase. The watch came in new and unworn condition with outer and inner boxes, all stickers, hang tags, papers, polishing cloth, AND with stamped and dated warranty card from an AD located in the Middle East.

As a grey market dealer, Watchmaxx usually does not include the AD warranty card, but I requested if they could include it before ordering, and they were willing to include it for an additional $50. I thought it was worth it to have the full kit and factory warranty. Just one data point though. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's a good tidbit to store away.....

I wonder how they manage to pull that off?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

username
MoT Member

Post by username »

25% off Casio items at PacParts with code FLASH25

Ends Friday at 5 PM Pacific (GMT -8)
EvilSaint

Post by EvilSaint »

PopePants2 wrote:
EvilSaint wrote:I haven't ordered anything from Watchmaxx recently, but I did order an IWC from them back in 2016, and I was very satisfied with the purchase. The watch came in new and unworn condition with outer and inner boxes, all stickers, hang tags, papers, polishing cloth, AND with stamped and dated warranty card from an AD located in the Middle East.

As a grey market dealer, Watchmaxx usually does not include the AD warranty card, but I requested if they could include it before ordering, and they were willing to include it for an additional $50. I thought it was worth it to have the full kit and factory warranty. Just one data point though. YMMV.

The guy I talked to at Watchmaxx said he would put a note on the order for the shipping department to NOT pull the warranty card from my order. I assume like all grey market dealers, they source watches from ADs. I assume most all of those watches have warranty cards from whichever AD the watch is sourced from. I also assume they remove them before shipping to keep the manufacturers from finding out which ADs are selling to grey market sellers.

I don't know if they usually toss them in the trash or keep them on file in case the watch is returned to them for warranty work through Watchmaxx's own warranty, or what they usually do with the AD warranty cards. My IWC warranty card had the watch model and serial number printed on it and was dated about 2 months prior to my purchase date so I figured that's when Watchmaxx bought it from the IWC AD.

skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

HERMANN wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:47 pm
NAD, anyone know where to buy some spare collars for the SLA021J MM300? Seems like they should throw a bag of these in with every watch!
I do not remember the exact size and part number but you can order from essingler.

Found the link!
https://www.esslinger.com/watch-band-pa ... ion-pipes/
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

EvilSaint wrote:
PopePants2 wrote:

The guy I talked to at Watchmaxx said he would put a note on the order for the shipping department to NOT pull the warranty card from my order. I assume like all grey market dealers, they source watches from ADs. I assume most all of those watches have warranty cards from whichever AD the watch is sourced from. I also assume they remove them before shipping to keep the manufacturers from finding out which ADs are selling to grey market sellers.

I don't know if they usually toss them in the trash or keep them on file in case the watch is returned to them for warranty work through Watchmaxx's own warranty, or what they usually do with the AD warranty cards. My IWC warranty card had the watch model and serial number printed on it and was dated about 2 months prior to my purchase date so I figured that's when Watchmaxx bought it from the IWC AD.

Interesting. It was always my understanding, that the reason why AD cards are not included on Gray market purchases, is because the dealers will pull the cars before they sell them. It was my understanding, the dealers don't want it the Brands to find out that they've been selling to Gray markets.

Last edited by PopePants2 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:27 pm The Hi-Beat from Touch of Modern just arrived. It is in fact brown, but only in certain light.

IMG_20191218_133445.327_01.jpg
I'm gonna give you $#!t because i think you'll take it in good spirits.

Bro, how did you manage to take a picture that makes a Grand Seiko look bad? That takes some talent!
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pacparts.jpg
pacparts.jpg (51.46 KiB) Viewed 69519 times
As usual, do compare with watchbattery.co.uk and tiktox.com as they could be much cheaper than PacParts even with the discount.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Luminox Navy Seal Colormark Watch - $145 from Shopworn w/ code SWLUMNS145

Plus get 2.5% CB from Rakuten. Reference XS.3053.L. 44mm. Ronda quartz movement. Link below.

VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

M111 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 am
TheJohnP wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 pm This Eterna Kontiki chrono is back in stock at Ashford.

Eterna KonTiki Quartz Chrono, model # 1250-41-81-1303
Sale price is $389
With code SC10PDEC15P = $350.10
List price is $1,610

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/eter ... 1-1303.pid

Would it be stupid of me to buy this one just for the strap and then sell it again at like $50 less? I've wanted this composite black/blue rubber/leather strap to go on my blue dial three hand Kontiki Date ever since I saw a picture if it on a white dial and a blue dial Date. I sold my bracelet when I first got my watch because it just didn't fit me well. I bought a solid black sailcloth strap, but this is the one I've always really wanted!
I would say go for it. That's a good combo for your three hand Kontiki. It's still a very good bargain for any potential buyer unless who is wanting the strap badly. I don't see you will get any difficulty in selling it. Just saying, I would definitely be interested in getting if I am not always try to stay away from chronos. I didn't notice that strap before you mentioning it. Now I want to have the strap for my blue Kontiki as well. Haha.
mitrii

Post by mitrii »

https://www.timebyme.com
20% OFF YOUR ORDER
JUST USE THE CODE "Xmas20"

E.g. https://www.timebyme.com/armogan-spirit ... black.html
goes down to 120USD
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

VCheng wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:19 pm
M111 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 am
TheJohnP wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 pm This Eterna Kontiki chrono is back in stock at Ashford.

Eterna KonTiki Quartz Chrono, model # 1250-41-81-1303
Sale price is $389
With code SC10PDEC15P = $350.10
List price is $1,610

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/eter ... 1-1303.pid

Would it be stupid of me to buy this one just for the strap and then sell it again at like $50 less? I've wanted this composite black/blue rubber/leather strap to go on my blue dial three hand Kontiki Date ever since I saw a picture if it on a white dial and a blue dial Date. I sold my bracelet when I first got my watch because it just didn't fit me well. I bought a solid black sailcloth strap, but this is the one I've always really wanted!
I would say go for it. That's a good combo for your three hand Kontiki. It's still a very good bargain for any potential buyer unless who is wanting the strap badly. I don't see you will get any difficulty in selling it. Just saying, I would definitely be interested in getting if I am not always try to stay away from chronos. I didn't notice that strap before you mentioning it. Now I want to have the strap for my blue Kontiki as well. Haha.
I wish I could find the picture. The blue and white "Dates" were actually sold on this exact strap at one point. Soon, I will have a picture, though, because, you guessed it I bought it! LOL!
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

caktaylor wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am To piggyback on Derek 80's post, watcheshalfprice on eBay also has the latest version of the Bulova Hack for $85 (refurbished). This was the "Macy's Exclusive" model.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Quartz- ... 7063!US!-1
Received my 96A219 today the watch was 100% new, not a mark on the watch!

Perfect size for my 7" wrist, now I want to see if the Precisionist or Accutron ii movements will fit or some type of mechanical movement and the watch would be perfect.

Killer deal!

MOT>WUS
10774721_fpx.jpg
10176523_fpx.jpg
10176523_fpx.jpg (28.56 KiB) Viewed 69442 times
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

valuewatchguy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:58 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:27 pm The Hi-Beat from Touch of Modern just arrived. It is in fact brown, but only in certain light.

IMG_20191218_133445.327_01.jpg
I'm gonna give you $#!t because i think you'll take it in good spirits.

Bro, how did you manage to take a picture that makes a Grand Seiko look bad? That takes some talent!
Fact check: True

I just pulled it out of the box and was trying to figure out what color it was. Had to hold it up to the window. It actually looks better once the sun went down.
MinutemanUSA

Post by MinutemanUSA »

I want to thank TheJohnP for mentioning the deal we offered at CGA watches on Lum-Tec. =)
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Heads Up! 2 Seiko Prospex Turtles and a Samurai for $179.99 at Certified Watch Store w/ code WEL2CWS10

Edit: The SRP779 Pepsi bezel on rubber is now showing $169.99 with the code above.

LINK TO PROSPEX MODELS AT CWS

SRP775, SRP779, and SRBP55

Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.