The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Wolfsatz »

It looks much Much MUCH better with the swapped Bezel.

Thats is how my komandirskie looks

Sent from Cyberspace Central Command
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Wolfsatz wrote:It looks much Much MUCH better with the swapped Bezel.

Thats is how my komandirskie looks

Sent from Cyberspace Central Command
I probably have an extra Amphibia bezel for you bud. Let me check my stash. If I do, it's yours. Its been a couple years, but I don't throw away watch parts!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm A little rubbing alcohol, a bunch of q-tips and some patience reveals that only a handful of touch ups are needed before this can be reinstalled.

The outside ring was lightly stamped on the right side and the brushing obscured it more so I have removed it from the painting scheme. Still doesn’t look half bad to me.
Fantastic! Great work!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sorry for the lack of posts guys. I planned to do this yesterday, but that didn’t happen. My list is complete, so now I can spend a little quality time with Sdelka.
ImageImage
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:45 pm Sorry for the lack of posts guys. I planned to do this yesterday, but that didn’t happen. My list is complete, so now I can spend a little quality time with Sdelka.
ImageImage
She looks renewed and appears to be glowing. You really know how to treat a girl right. Beautiful work.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:Sorry for the lack of posts guys. I planned to do this yesterday, but that didn’t happen. My list is complete, so now I can spend a little quality time with Sdelka.
ImageImage
Oooohh. Sdelka wearing a bracelet!! Looking mighty fine. I don't think I've seen that combo yet since stock Vostok bracelets go straight to the dumpster.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I forgot to mention the bracelet. It is brushed vs, Sdelka’s polish, but that is what I had on hand. I think I have an 18mm Seiko bracelet from an SNK at home that I will try to remember to try out, though it may feel a bit too delicate.

At any rate, Sdelka and I are riding the T, the transit of people that always work even though it sometimes doesn’t. The T is extremely well maintained.

This is also the next crack at the Sdelka magnet. I had to make it a bit larger, but it prints robustly now. Colors currently applied by hand, they will look better on the next run.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:12 pm I forgot to mention the bracelet. It is brushed vs, Sdelka’s polish, but that is what I had on hand. I think I have an 18mm Seiko bracelet from an SNK at home that I will try to remember to try out, though it may feel a bit too delicate.

At any rate, Sdelka and I are riding the T, the transit of people that always work even though it sometimes doesn’t. The T is extremely well maintained.

This is also the next crack at the Sdelka magnet. I had to make it a bit larger, but it prints robustly now. Colors currently applied by hand, they will look better on the next run.

That logo looks great..... and that bracelet too.. what is it?
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Wolfsatz wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:12 pm I forgot to mention the bracelet. It is brushed vs, Sdelka’s polish, but that is what I had on hand. I think I have an 18mm Seiko bracelet from an SNK at home that I will try to remember to try out, though it may feel a bit too delicate.

That logo looks great..... and that bracelet too.. what is it?
Thanks on the logo, it is shaping up nicely.

The bracelet is from AliExpress, but there are a number of sellers on Amazon that offer Prime shipping at around $18. 18mm Silver Brushed Wrist Band Solid S ... 07FSQNMP2/

I have gotten quite a bit of use out of this style and bought them in 18, 20 and 22mm. They aren’t fancy bracelets, but they are a pretty decent.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:I forgot to mention the bracelet. It is brushed vs, Sdelka’s polish, but that is what I had on hand. I think I have an 18mm Seiko bracelet from an SNK at home that I will try to remember to try out, though it may feel a bit too delicate.

Looking good! It's nice to see Sdelka adjusting well to that city life. I'll never forget the first time I brought my (now) wife back east. We took the T to and from a Sox game. We were on the red line and she was shocked to see these two guys in the back drinking a pint of something in a paper bag and throwing dice. I didn't even give it a second thought, be she had never seen anything like it lol.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:I forgot to mention the bracelet. It is brushed vs, Sdelka’s polish, but that is what I had on hand. I think I have an 18mm Seiko bracelet from an SNK at home that I will try to remember to try out, though it may feel a bit too delicate.

Looking good! It's nice to see Sdelka adjusting well to that city life. I'll never forget the first time I brought my (now) wife back east. We took the T to and from a Sox game. We were on the red line and she was shocked to see these two guys in the back drinking a pint of something in a paper bag and throwing dice. I didn't even give it a second thought, be she had never seen anything like it lol.

I haven’t seen dice throwing, but public drinking is fairly common. My commute takes me from Alewife to Park on the Redline and then on the Greenline right past Fenway. I always root against them as them making the playoffs prolongs the crazy commute season for me.

The thing that bugs me are the break dancers that go up and down the length of the car. That can’t be safe.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sdelka and I took the scenic route to work this morning.
2394D434-4E20-4441-804E-9162DB361DC9.jpeg
Then it was getting to work.
98913C2B-7237-41EF-BC93-D064887F6F10.jpeg
Last edited by Sporkboy on Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

One of my favorite vacations was a week in Boston. The Fenway tour was awesome.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

tommy_boy wrote:One of my favorite vacations was a week in Boston. The Fenway tour was awesome.
That tour is really good. I was surprised at how good. I could totally go on that again and I don’t even like baseball.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

This might be my favorite pic yet, but mostly for sentimental reasons. I believe the Citgo signe there on Kenmore square is actually a national landmark now!