We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

Post by TheJohnP »

The DRZ02 is basically flat and it fits me fine.
I don't think you need to worry about that.

As far as color goes, you're on your own!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

My wrist is like a ruddy twig so while it does save me money because I can't wear lots of watches out there, it does present fit challenges. I keep eating but that dang thing won't grow.

Haha re color decision.

[mention]TheJohnP[/mention] if there is room in your watch box, can you bring the DRZ02 to the next GTG? :)
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

What color and date/no date combo did folks here choose? There’s a fun poll they sent and it looks like black/grey with date combo is the most popular one. I chose red no-date and looks like that was the least chosen one lol. I was pretty certain on no date but went back and forth on the color. I knew I didn’t want blue so it was between black and red. I ended up choosing red because I have a black fume bronze Halios Seaforth that I felt like too similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

EA-Sports wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 pm What color and date/no date combo did folks here choose? There’s a fun poll they sent and it looks like black/grey with date combo is the most popular one. I chose red no-date and looks like that was the least chosen one lol. I was pretty certain on no date but went back and forth on the color. I knew I didn’t want blue so it was between black and red. I ended up choosing red because I have a black fume bronze Halios Seaforth that I felt like too similar.

Please share all the pics when that comes in!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

EA-Sports wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 pm What color and date/no date combo did folks here choose? There’s a fun poll they sent and it looks like black/grey with date combo is the most popular one. I chose red no-date and looks like that was the least chosen one lol. I was pretty certain on no date but went back and forth on the color. I knew I didn’t want blue so it was between black and red. I ended up choosing red because I have a black fume bronze Halios Seaforth that I felt like too similar.

Good reasoning. I don't have a red watch so that's why I am thinking about it. I am going to go for the date version as my previous diver, the Newmark, is no-date.

Yes, post lots of pics.. :) and I will do the same. September seems so far away.
aeroman5
MoT Member

Post by aeroman5 »

This is my first Kickstarter watch. I've gone for the red dial with date. I like the blue dial but have plenty of blue dial watches already, and I wasn't keen on the markers on the black dial.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

We have one of these coming for review (black, not red). Sergio from Direnzo has just sent the shipping confirmation. I will let you know when it arrives.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

aeroman5 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 am This is my first Kickstarter watch. I've gone for the red dial with date. I like the blue dial but have plenty of blue dial watches already, and I wasn't keen on the markers on the black dial.
I hope, and think, it will be a good Kickstarter experience for you based on the project creator's history. My recent Kickstarter watch, the Newmark 71, has turned out to be great.

I decided to get the black dial with date. I might regret it but it's a "safer" option for me, for now. :)
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Personally went with red + date.
It's rare to find a hue of darker red/maroon in the industry and the colour typically wears extremely well on clothing and accessories.
Really excited, love the organic theme Sergio went with. It's very Seiko-esque without being confined to Seiko brand limits.

I don't think there is a wrong choice, I would've easily gone with blue as a secondary but like others may have said, there are plenty of stunning blue-dial watches.
Franko
MoT Member

Post by Franko »

Nsjong wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:10 pm Personally went with red + date.
It's rare to find a hue of darker red/maroon in the industry and the colour typically wears extremely well on clothing and accessories.
Really excited, love the organic theme Sergio went with. It's very Seiko-esque without being confined to Seiko brand limits.

I don't think there is a wrong choice, I would've easily gone with blue as a secondary but like others may have said, there are plenty of stunning blue-dial watches.
Ditto, ours will be rare 🥩
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

A pair of these arrived for review from Sergio at Direnzo. Be sure to check the Reviews forum in the next days for first impressions. I snapped a quick photo outside the customs office:
BDB86702-47B6-48EE-8EBA-1F9272BEA0FD.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

I didn't back this one, but have to say those look rather good. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on them.

Edited to add: on that one photo, the black slightly edges it for me. The dial and eclipse effect is more pronounced and eye-catching.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Franko
MoT Member

Post by Franko »

Sergio posted an update:

Update N° 12 - Bracelets and others

Direnzo watchesCreator
March 30, 2020
Dear friends,

Hope everyone is safe and sound!

Just a quick message to tell you a few good news:

1. Bracelet will come with quick release function! it took me some time to negotiate and I'm glad to confirm it now (check the green rectangle on production plans)! We'll be able to swap straps easily and I get to keep my elegant case...

2. Clasp will be slightly bigger (6 micro adjustments) with side pushers, hope you like it!

3. I had a sneak peek of the red and blue dial samples, blue is perfect now and red looks stunning, I should be receiving them in the following days and I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. The red dial might need a bit of darkening on the center part (as happened with the blue one, sometimes it's difficult to do it right at the first time).

Here in Switzerland, as in lots of places in the world, commerce and workshops are closed due to the Coronavirus crisis. I wanted to assemble the red dial on a prototype but we'll have to wait until things get back to normal, maybe in the end of April. Same with Sellita (producer of the movement) they are currently closed. I think that if they reopen in the end of April we'll be able to keep the delivery date as promised. The rest of the pieces will be ready in August for assembly.

Take care and stay safe!

Sergio
D2E62A47-F8B5-4AFE-8E0E-52B043EA1060.png
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Franko wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am Sergio posted an update:

Update N° 12 - Bracelets and others

Direnzo watchesCreator
March 30, 2020
Dear friends,

Hope everyone is safe and sound!

Just a quick message to tell you a few good news:

1. Bracelet will come with quick release function! it took me some time to negotiate and I'm glad to confirm it now (check the green rectangle on production plans)! We'll be able to swap straps easily and I get to keep my elegant case...

2. Clasp will be slightly bigger (6 micro adjustments) with side pushers, hope you like it!

3. I had a sneak peek of the red and blue dial samples, blue is perfect now and red looks stunning, I should be receiving them in the following days and I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. The red dial might need a bit of darkening on the center part (as happened with the blue one, sometimes it's difficult to do it right at the first time).

Here in Switzerland, as in lots of places in the world, commerce and workshops are closed due to the Coronavirus crisis. I wanted to assemble the red dial on a prototype but we'll have to wait until things get back to normal, maybe in the end of April. Same with Sellita (producer of the movement) they are currently closed. I think that if they reopen in the end of April we'll be able to keep the delivery date as promised. The rest of the pieces will be ready in August for assembly.

Take care and stay safe!

Sergio
D2E62A47-F8B5-4AFE-8E0E-52B043EA1060.png
The attention to detail and passion for excellence is what makes Sergio and Direnzo so successful. Any improvement over what is already the best bracelet I have ever handled...is just gratuitous and wonderful.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Franko
MoT Member

Post by Franko »

Looks like the bracelet is going to be the same as Christopher Ward watch I just received and it is my favorite bracelet!! Quick change and easy micro adjustments - all bracelets should be like this!!